Juventus To Sign Arthur From Barca

Most be able to ship out a few players as Juve already have a very big squad on big wages. Maybe Ramsay back to PL for starters.

Barcelona funding a move for Martinez by the looks of it too.

JN8Yhpt.jpg

Rumour was some sort of swap deal with Pjanic. I wonder if Barca will still sign him, but just do it as 2 separate transactions?

It must be incredible to know that any one of your players can be sold for top dollar. Is this credit to their youths or development of purchased players from elsewhere or both?

I could possibly see Rabiot going the other way.

Barca pulled out of a deal to sign him last summer to sign Griezmann.

Terrible move from Barca letting him go. They'll regret that the same way they did with Thiago.

They should be building their midfield around him and De Jong.

A weird decision in all honesty. Wtf is Barca's player policy nowadays!? This guy was supposed to be a big future player for them and from what I've been able to gather, he's done really well there. Him and de Jong often being touted as the future midfield.

I know they wanted Pjanic and have done for a while but it seems like a really short term thinking signing.

Rumour was some sort of swap deal with Pjanic. I wonder if Barca will still sign him, but just do it as 2 separate transactions?

My old man always used to reckon something like this went on with the signings of Overmars and Fabregas. That basically Barca bought Petit and Alex Song to meet the true value of Overmars and Fabregas.

A weird decision in all honesty. Wtf is Barca's player policy nowadays!? This guy was supposed to be a big future player for them and from what I've been able to gather, he's done really well there. Him and de Jong often being touted as the future midfield.

I know they wanted Pjanic and have done for a while but it seems like a really short term thinking signing.
Barcelona’s transfer strategy has been mind-boggling for years now.

Their transfer dealings in recent years, especially since Neymar left, have been an absolute shambles.

Pjanic would just be another, a 30 year old who has been far from his best for 18 months.

Post Covid seems to be a free for all money wise! Makes us getting in early with a reduced Hagi fee all the better.
Is it possible we will see Barca take the risk of losing a couple more, seems they might lose Messi and Suarez around the same time and are stockpiling some cash.

I thought Covid was going to have clubs reconsider big money transfers. I guess not.

I think it would have, but the major teams are getting their TV and sponsorship money.

The smaller clubs where the TV rights money is far less, I think we might see reduced fees or a lot of loans to buy deals.

Wrongly read that as “Juventus to sign Arthur Boruc” and nearly spat my tea out.

When Messi retires, Barca will be in big trouble.

Their recruitment, in player and coaching staff, has been horrendous.
They’re frighteningly overly reliant on Messi. Could easily see them falling back into a slump similar to the late 90’s/early 2000’s.

Back