3 In A Row?

Albertz Was King

Pedro has never won 3 games on the bounce in competitive games as Rangers manager from what I can see, we seem to get to 2 wins then either draw or lose.

We really can't afford to follow that trend, we simply have to win against a struggling Thistle side.

In fact December 2016 is when we last won more than 2 league games on the bounce :(

Pedro has never won 3 games on the bounce in competitive games as Rangers manager from what I can see, we seem to get to 2 wins then either draw or lose.

We really can't afford to follow that trend, we simply have to win against a struggling Thistle side.

In fact December 2016 is when we last won more than 2 league games on the bounce :(
We've won our last five away games if I'm not mistaken so hopefully that trend continues and it sets us up nicely for the filth.

Pedro's away record is very good and our record at Firhill is very good too (even if we did leave it very later both times last season).

I fancy us to go there and beat them twice (league and cup) and score a few goals in both games.

Things are starting to click for us now and we are getting better every week.

I'd like us to set up with a 4-5-1. With Rossiter coming in to the central midfield and Miller being dropped. That might sound negative but it'll bring a strong and stable midfield, and if succussful we can then use the same tactics against the filth

Edit: forgot to say, Niko dropped also and Windass on the left.

Last edited:
The first six months was Pedro trying to work out if any of the players Warburton signed were worth keeping. I genuinely think it's worrying that people think he should be judged on those results and performances.

How to turn a positive into a negative: the Albertz Was King story volume 3,123,590.

Pedro's away record is very good and our record at Firhill is very good too (even if we did leave it very later both times last season).

I fancy us to go there and beat them twice (league and cup) and score a few goals in both games.

Things are starting to click for us now and we are getting better every week.
That is probably what makes the Thistle game so intriguing for me.

If we do win we will finally have 3 wins on the bounce, something we need to get into the habit and rhythm of doing. Two wins followed by a draw then a defeat won't do us any good so we need to buck this trend. It will be a good sign if we do.

It will also be interesting to see if we do indeed start to continue the feeling that the team is starting to "click".

I'd like us to set up with a 4-5-1. With Rossiter coming in to the central midfield and Miller being dropped. That might sound negative but it'll bring a strong and stable midfield, and if succussful we can then use the same tactics against the filth
I'd like to see 4-5-1 also with Miller and Kranjcar dropping out for Rossiter and Peňa on Friday night.

How to turn a positive into a negative: the Albertz Was King story volume 3,123,590.
I think you are misinterpreting what I am saying.

It will be interesting to see if and how we overcome this little hurdle, because it will tell us a lot about where the season could potentially go.

The manager has spoken previously about putting a run of wins together back-to-back and also mentioned producing "winning cycles" a couple of times so you can bet your life that this will be a significant one for Pedro too, he will be fully this third win on the bounce could prove vital.

I'll back you on that one. Rossiter would give us more than Miller. Kenny can still do a job but as a last 20 minute impact player. Miller needs to be honest with himself about this.

I'd like to see 4-5-1 also with Miller and Kranjcar dropping out for Rossiter and Peňa on Friday night.
I'd personally have Windass on the left instead of Kranjcar. Thought when he come on he gave us a little more urgency and actually stayed out left unlike Niko.

This is the start of a really important fortnight for us.

Both in terms of this season and for Pedro Caixinha's long term job prospects.

Need to carry the good momentum into the beggars game, 2 wins v Thistle are a must, would set us up nicely

I think you are misinterpreting what I am saying.

It will be interesting to see if and how we overcome this little hurdle, because it will tell us a lot about where the season could potentially go.

The manager has spoken previously about putting a run of wins together back-to-back and also mentioned producing "winning cycles" a couple of times so you can bet your life that this will be a significant one for Pedro too, he will be fully this third win on the bounce could prove vital.

You've expanded your point in a subsequent post which makes your position clearer.

Your OP could have done with some of that detail and I wouldn't have interpreted it as I did.

I agree with your further post BTW. We need to roll victory into victory. We need a head of steam.

We're going in the right direction, as evidenced on Saturday. Thistle won't be 'easy' but we'll win by a couple.

Agree 100% that's the team who should start most games away from home.

Not sure how that impacts Hearts shutting up shop. However we'd have beaten Hibs had the referee sent off Stokes when he first transgressed.
Think the momentum would have carried on vs Hearts just my opinion but the Hibs game the week before knocked the stuffing right out of us and that reflected on the full stadium vs Hearts.

Think the momentum would have carried on vs Hearts just my opinion but the Hibs game the week before knocked the stuffing right out of us and that reflected on the full stadium vs Hearts.

Possibly. If that was at the heart of that display we need to get rid of that mentality. You're going to experience the shitey end of the stick - especially in Scotland if you're Rangers - you've got to get over it quickly.

Starting to look like the mentality and team spirit are what is required to routinely take care of the lower lights of the SPFL Premier. The manager already got it I think and it looks like the players are getting it.

I'd be confident about two wins and don't care if the cup game takes extra time (even pens). What I definitely won't do is get down on the team or the manager if we lose one of these fixtures as long as we have thoroughly deserved to win but got extremely unlucky (it does happen).

This was always our problem last season, we never truly built up the momentum or confidence. A win next week would see that start early this season.

Friday is huge.

We can't afford a slip up and need to put together some momentum before the Celtic game.

And a win in that game may not determine where we finish at the end of the season but it's absolutely massive for the team's confidence pushing on.

We were rotten in both games in Maryhill last year and lucky to win.

We've a far better team this season so hopefully a good performance and win will be forthcoming

Winning breeds confidence which in turn improves performances. Just keep the wins going Rangers, that's all that matters.

Looking forward to Friday.

I'd hope we will line up this way in at least one of the Thistle games with a view to playing that system against the mhanks.

If we harbour any hopes of winning the league we must and we will beat Patrick thistle. Convincingly too

To not get more than two wins in a row against bags of shite like Thistle is truly worrying.

Our defence should be much better than it is.

1 clean sheet from our opening 5 league games. That's the exact same as last season - when we all know our defence was an omnishambles.

We've added Bruno Alves yet still concede soft as shit goals to SPL cannon fodder.

And I hate to say it but Cardoso has a touch of the Rob Kiernan's about him. Lacks authority in the air and always has a mistake in him.

Back