Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

My view of this has always been that the Insurer’s investigation was more to determine if they (they insurer’s) have any liability rather than to establish any wrongdoing (which was a given).

The fact the case is proceeding to court suggests to me that either a. the insurer’s think they have a decent chance of winning (unlikely) or b. They’ve washed their hands of it, told the tims they are own their own and Celtic are being forced to court as they need to do everything to avoid paying out.

I do not know of any insurer who would provide cover against alleged child abuse. I can understand an insurer providing cover for 'injury' committed against an insured party but not for an employee or associate of the insured committing an alleged offence against a third party. I stand to be corrected if I am wrong.

Talking about it with a Celtic fan I know and he had the typical response. How can they sue the club they have no evidence and the boys club is not even connected to the club. They have no shame or sympathy for the people that it has happened too.
They don't care that kids were abused, they only care that it was exposed.

Don't believe me?

Find me a yahoo calling on their club to be investigated.

I've already seen history on her pro nationalist stance in relation to an interview with Ian
Davidson KBHB.

BBC were once renowned for their objectivity.
Paranoia at best. Do you mean the interview where Davidson tried to bully her and then complained and was supported by Michael Kelly ?
No idea of her politics, but she has a masters degree in Human Rights Law.

What an absolutely disgusting interview technique from a government employee. Interrupting a lawyer representing Child Sex abuse victims every answer to ask pre-planned questions, including at least 3 times parroting the separate entity lie which the paedo ring have hidden behind for decades.

In any future independent investigation into how one football team was allowed to abuse so many children and cover it up, the BBC needs to be one of the first organisations looked at.
Actually separate entity is a very recent argument , it only arrived in the last two years mate .

Your bang on though re that bbc Scotland interview it was bbc producers laying Celtics arguments to the victims representative as they continue to lie and hide . Ira tactics for Ira fc.

Bbc Scotland is clearly infiltrated with Celtic representatives . Scandalous .

Actually separate entity is a very recent argument , it only arrived in the last two years mate .

Your bang on though re that bbc Scotland interview it was bbc producers laying Celtics arguments to the victims representative as they continue to lie and hide . Ira tactics for Ira fc.

I know Celtic Boys Club were paid 2 years ago to change their name by Celtic (which on a different subject is a strange thing for a seperate entity to do.. coincidentally around the time of convictions for CSA)... But I'm sure the claims that Celtic and Celtic Boys Clubs weren't linked have been around for a lot longer than that.

McGuire added: “ We are now in a position where Celtic’s management will appear in court to argue that these victims are owed nothing by Celtic. Shame on them."

Celtic's management?

Who in their right mind would stand up there and make a complete and utter khunt of themselves?

I'd give my left hairy egg to see The Fat Japanese stuttering and spluttering as McGuire rips him a new one.
I would like to see the financial controller explaining to a judge why Celtic chose to pay over a £1m to jim Torbett after he had been convicted!

Once the first case is successful, the flood gates will open. It will give those currently silent the strength to speak out knowing that people will finally take them seriously.

I hope every single person gets the compensation and some sort of closure they deserve.

Celtic FC - The Paedo Club

Paranoia at best. Do you mean the interview where Davidson tried to bully her and then complained and was supported by Michael Kelly ?
No idea of her politics, but she has a masters degree in Human Rights Law.

I know she does Jim.

Glad you supported her interviewing approach of a guy trying to get justice for victims
abused & then ignored for decades mate ;)

Quite right GW.

I don't judge people on their religion but, by %^*&, some of these guys make it so apparent
that they are ingrained in it from childhood.
I recall having a heated conversation with one of them a while back about this coming back to bite them and his answer was "Look, it's simple, you lot fiddled the books, we fiddled with weans, we aw need to move on" -...... and that was the last words we had. Calmly put the remains of my pint down and walked away as I knew if I'd stayed I would have got lifted.

This is what the victims and families deal with on a daily basis -

Utter scum. Deflect and deny tactics classically used right there.

instead if copying what the likes of mad mental phil and the odious cretins he has spawned on twitter do and repeatedly churn out the same rubbish without checking the actual facts and looking into history, maybe they might not look so daft when they do what they do.

rather than own what had happened, they feel the need to sweep it away. Forever scum.

I recall having a heated conversation with one of them a while back about this coming back to bite them and his answer was "Look, it's simple, you lot fiddled the books, we fiddled with weans, we aw need to move on" -...... and that was the last words we had. Calmly put the remains of my pint down and walked away as I knew if I'd stayed I would have got lifted.

Horrific mate. Fucking up children's lives & that's the reaction to it ? :mad:

My view of this has always been that the Insurer’s investigation was more to determine if they (they insurer’s) have any liability rather than to establish any wrongdoing (which was a given).

The fact the case is proceeding to court suggests to me that either a. the insurer’s think they have a decent chance of winning (unlikely) or b. They’ve washed their hands of it, told the tims they are own their own and Celtic are being forced to court as they need to do everything to avoid paying out.
I can’t see an insurer spending money on an investigation for anything other than to determine their liability. It’s Liewell using smoke and mirrors as always but it’s never questioned.

Swear to God GY, he said it in a jokey manner with not a hint of abhorrence for what his beloved club had done to those kids. That's what you are up against here.... p.s - the work you boys have done has to be commended.

Very sad guy mate.

As well as the pain so many of these people have gone through, we know of three ex CBC
kids who took their own lives decades later. What have these people gone through to get
to that stage ?

In all of my working life, ive never heard of an insurer doing a 2 year inquiry on an
issue WV.

Maybe others have a different experience ?
Could you imagine the premium you’d have to be paying for it to include a 2 year investigation? Unless it was an email one day and an email 2 years later with nothing done in between it would run into millions.

Ohh ohh Zoomer call being placed with the obsessed one and his lawyer.

Facts: Fantasist and looner and like’s words like weaponise and sectarian.

Vedict: Looner and ashamed to admit his club help cover up X amount of CSA cases for 50 years.
Read that there.
Apart from the fact BN94s post mentions nobody, it could be about any one of a number of people.
Obsessed isn’t the word.
Point scoring idiot, weaponising sectarianism. I’m sure openly supporting a terrorist organisation isn’t looked upon well either, but this is what we deal with.

The Guardian report states "The victim-survivors hope their case will also shine light on the role played by a senior celtc executive when one paedophile returned to the Boys' Club after he had been allegedly sacked from it in 1974 by Jock Stein..."

That certainly jumped out at me.
Senior executive?
I wonder who that could be referring to.

I know this has been said by a few already but excellent work from those working on this.

I didn't lose faith in what you were doing but the last few months and the (understandably necessary) quieter approach whilst waiting on progress did have my a little anxious it'd started to come to nothing.

Whilst only a start, the latest updates are a bit of light and a reminder that progress is still on going.

Great stuff guys.

Back