Rennes After Morelos

Pay the asking price then fine, but i really want to see the wee man break his duck against that scum in a pivotal match first though.

I agree but €15m still feels low. Close to €20m and I think we will deal regardless of what folk think his value is. I also think he’d go to a big 5 league regardless of club.
A poster on here who knows more about the going’s on at the club than I ever will reckons £15 million and he’ll be gone.
I’ve never known him to be wrong yet.

I might be alone here, but I really don't care where our players go as long as we get our full valuation of them.

We should have an interest if we're putting in a percentage sell-on fee.....and if we don't do that we're f.cking mental.

A poster on here who knows more about the going’s on at the club than I ever will reckons £15 million and he’ll be gone.
I’ve never known him to be wrong yet.
Doesn’t seem absurd if we were hoping pre-Covid for £20m+....

Last edited:
Reactions: cav
15 million in this climate would be accepted by us. I person want him to stay but if they did bid that, we would sell.

15m eur isn't a kick in the arse off 15m GBP with the current exchange rates. 15m eur plus a sell on clause and I reckon we will be more than happy to do a deal.

A load of shite, as per, he's repeatedly said in interviews that England or Spain is his next move. This is a sideways move in his career and he knows it. Also we aren't about to half our valuation due to Covid either. I understand we won't get the full amount we wanted a few months ago but half our original valuation is a joke of a bid.

in the current market situation,the club would accept that offer imo

I'd take €15m. We could improve the squad with that much more than keeping him.
We wouldn’t spend it, the spfl is fucked and our revenue will take a massive hit.
He’d be a massive loss but we’d need to recruit the best free transfers possible.

Rennes are a decent club in a stronger league but it feels like another stepping stone move for him (that would seem to be what we’ve been to him) as he wants to play in England, Spain or Italy.

If Joel Linton can be sold for £40m then Morelos goes nowhere for anything under £20n

he is the europa league top goal scorer ffs

wtxJr2K.gif
It really is silly season once again

Not sure what Rennes finances are like but a slight rise in that figure and I think we’d deal.
Gerrard would likely only see half of that to finance next seasons squad.

If Joel Linton can be sold for £40m then Morelos goes nowhere for anything under £20n

he is the europa league top goal scorer ffs
Being the europa league top scorer doesn’t mean much nowadays, the other joint top scorer of the europa league only went for £6m to sporting Lisbon a few months ago.

I think the club will probably end up accepting £15m for him.

He is worth more than that, but people have to be realistic with whats happened with the virus.

Rennes are a very well run team and if they pay him alot of money i could see him moving there. One or two good seasons and onto a much bigger club.

Its prob just paper talk but at 15m plus add ones, that would allow us to replace him and get 2 extra top players.

Rennes? I don't think so, for more than one reason. Maybe....just maybe an English Championship side or mid-lower table Spanish side. Clubs are not exactly falling over each other any longer, pretty much all down to his grim disciplinary record, considerable drop in valuation. He wouldn't be the first Ranger to leave the Scottish game due to some form of victimization by refs and authorities. Bud Johnston and Colin Stein spring to mind.

Personally, hate to say this but we'd be better rid of him, apart from constantly telling us all, regularly his desire to play in England,moreover, last games I saw him play in, he's either gone of the boil big time through a confidence thing or he just didn't give his best all of a sudden,(missed a chance I'd have expected him to score v Lever) and several V Celtic, sure he scored some goals, plenty but he also spent far too much time in the stand suspended...he falls for the bait every bloody time. Even allowing for shyte refs, his behavior is indefensible.

Gerard has to get hold of the chronic indiscipline not just throw his hands in the air. We almost rival Livi for rough housing.

If Rennes offer to double his wages (not saying they are) he'd be mad not to go. Obviously no one wants to lose him but something like £20m would be too good to turn down

Rennes are looking to offload Jordan Siebatcheu who cost them around £10m a few years back. It’s not worked out for him there but he did have a great record in Ligue 2 and is still young enough to develop. He fits the mould we seemed to be linked with recently, tall, athletic and physical striker, give us 15m and him and I’d accept that.

Despite his cardboard problems, the left-hander is very appreciated by Steven Gerrard who blocked his departure several times,

big selling point on what handed he is

Rennes? I don't think so, for more than one reason. Maybe....just maybe an English Championship side or mid-lower table Spanish side. Clubs are not exactly falling over each other any longer, pretty much all down to his grim disciplinary record, considerable drop in valuation. He wouldn't be the first Ranger to leave the Scottish game due to some form of victimization by refs and authorities. Bud Johnston and Colin Stein spring to mind.

Personally, hate to say this but we'd be better rid of him, apart from constantly telling us all, regularly his desire to play in England,moreover, last games I saw him play in, he's either gone of the boil big time through a confidence thing or he just didn't give his best all of a sudden,(missed a chance I'd have expected him to score v Lever) and several V Celtic, sure he scored some goals, plenty but he also spent far too much time in the stand suspended...he falls for the bait every bloody time. Even allowing for shyte refs, his behavior is indefensible.

Gerard has to get hold of the chronic indiscipline not just throw his hands in the air. We almost rival Livi for rough housing.
What a load of absolute shite.

English Championship. :D :D

Aye Alfies going to Barnsley.

Rennes??? Haha yeah no probs, couldn't think of a less likely place that would attract him other than the paedos!

Would be very surprised if he left us for a club like Rennes.
Even in current circumstances we should not be entertaining any bid less than £20m plus sell on clause.

Alfredo is better than Rennes. By a long way. They are a far, far smaller club than Rangers and will not give him the profile or European football he deserves.

No chance of this happening in my opinion.

If he goes, it’ll be to a bigger league, a club that still offers European football, and for a fee of €20m plus.

Until that happens, let’s keep him.

Alfredo is better than Rennes. By a long way. They are a far, far smaller club than Rangers and will not give him the profile or European football he deserves.

No chance of this happening in my opinion.

If he goes, it’ll be to a bigger league, a club that still offers European football, and for a fee of €20m plus.

Until that happens, let’s keep him.

they are in the UCL next season to be fair

Think a lot of people don't realise they finished third in France, I agree he could definitely find a bigger club but it's not as if they are relegation fodder anymore.

they are in the UCL next season to be fair

Yes, fair point, 3rd in Ligue 1. But I‘m not convinced that’s a sustainable position. I suppose trying to sign Alfredo is an ambitious move to make it so, but still think Morelos is better than Rennes. I think he thrives on big crowds and he won’t get that there.

Folk saying not a chance he is off to Rennes - they are 3rd place in Ligue 1 and assuming we have a full CL then Rennes will enter at the 3rd round qualifier round.
1 good season there he gets a move to a "big" Ligue 1 club, i.e. bigger than Rennes. Another good year and skies the limit.
If Rennes dig deep enough they could sway us and possibly away him.
15m euros is 5m away from being a realistic bid, they will know that and so do we.

Not a bad team for him to be fair, could get better no doubt but good league for him. Lower expectations, champions league football and likely a decent bump in wages all perfect for him at this stage of his career. 13.5m makes it a non starter though, 20m plus a sell on percentage should be the requirement for a seat at the table otherwise he’s far too important to us

Back