Benfica collapse last 6 games.

I stll feel like I am in a minority of Rangers fans who thinks we had a chance.

Yes there was 13 points, but so many of our own fans even said "no chance we would have turned it around".

Teams collapse. Teams fatigue. Things happen.

We will never know, thanks to Doncaster and his master.

How many points clear were they before the league stopped?

They have played 4 games each since the break, Porto went 2-1-1 so that's 7 points.

Benfica have picked up 6 so far.

Porto currently 3 points clear so Benfica were second at the time.

EDIT: If Porto win tonight they will be 6 clear.

2 points clear now 3 behind and Porto have game in hand so possibly a swing of 8 so far.

Apologies missed the Porto loss beginning of June. However no H-H.

Yes there was 13 points, but so many of our own fans even said "no chance we would have turned it around".

Me and my dad had the same conversation the other night watching helicopter sunday. Yeah its unlikely we would have won it, but you can't just give it up, especially when there was a potential 9 points to gain from a game in hand/2 games v them.

Yesterday, reports in Portugal were saying Benfica are interested in Poch. Unlikely he would go there but a bold move, if true.

EbmeOvCWoAAmo7V

Ive no idea why I continue to read Hibsed it on here.

I was Row B behind the goal that bloody day and you take me back there everytime i read this.
Agreed, it's fucking stupid. If they didn't get the last laugh that season, fair enough... But they did. Stop posting it.

There was a slight chance we could have done it, but they made sure that was taken off the table. Just to be sure, to be sure.

There was a chance, that’s why it’s such an injustices that said it was a tiny chance, but still a chance. I’d have fancied us to fall even further behind though because we were rotten

Same. The table showed 13 points, but we had it in our power to close down 9 of those points. A draw and a loss elsewhere is all we'd have needed. Unlikely, but far from impossible.

I'm with you, given returning under the bizzare circumstances anything could have happened.

While it’s unlikely Celtic would have dropped enough points, who knows what damage defeat in the next OF game could have done to the bottle.

it’s all ifs and buts now, still will never sit right with me that they have been handed a title that wasn’t won. If they are going to get 7, 8, 9 or whatever number it will have an asterisk next to it for 19/20 season.

There was a chance, that’s why it’s such an injustices that said it was a tiny chance, but still a chance. I’d have fancied us to fall even further behind though because we were rotten
I was confident of 6 points against them but it was games against the other teams that made me doubt a victory for good over evil.

The thing is mate and I know there were a couple of posters on here who did stand by that opinion, you maybe one of them. They were shot down in flames by just about everyone.

Too many wanted null and void without even discussing restarting the league. Even giving up the cl place.

My opinion, is I dont think we had it in us to catch them, but you never know.

Me and my dad had the same conversation the other night watching helicopter sunday. Yeah its unlikely we would have won it, but you can't just give it up, especially when there was a potential 9 points to gain from a game in hand/2 games v them.
My dad and I have spoke of this as well, when you listen to the likes of Gough and the 9iar team they talk about not even enjoying winning 9 it was more a feeling of relief due to the pressure surrounding it. Pressure can do funny things to people. They also knew that head to head we had the beating of them. I think 8.5 will eat away at them inside (the more resonable ones)

Keep a close eye on Benfica, they have been dire since the league resumed. The 3-4 defeat the other night was horrific to watch & the results last night are the final nail in the coffin.

The coach is a dead man walking.

Funny you say that. I remeber posting a thread saying that the league was not over and getting a solid four pages of abuse. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you said I must have been on drugs?

It was in our hands to get the gap down to 4 points, with another 24 to play for. We overturned a 4 point gap with only 12 points to play for in 2005. The likelihood was that we wouldn't win the league, but the likelihood was also that we wouldn't beat Braga when we were 2-0 down with 24 minutes to go. To hand them the title with around 25% of the season remaining was a disgrace.

Their results before lock down where pretty miserable as well,if only they had the Officials giving them a helping hand things could have been so different.

Back