Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

It not only blows away the separate entity nonsense, but it also shows CSA was not considered an abhorrent thing to them. Not only did they re-hire Torbett (and actually profit from the alliance), they re-hired Cairney.

To re-hire one is bad enough. But to re-hire two of them? It is almost as if they are getting a slap on the wrist, put into exlie temporarily, then brought back once the fuss has died down.

Evil. They all knew.

I wonder if this protects anyone making a claim on it? Although his name may be on the "paperwork", surely lawyers arguing the case for taking it as part of the Celtc assets If required would need to see receipts for upkeep/ bills for maintenance etc? If the maintenance etc is in Celtc name then surely this shows they are in part "Owners"?

Who paid for the fancy lightshow a few years ago?

@Jan Žižka and @Grigo Yossarian (quote)

Might be a good idea to remove that gif of Liewell.
That's a "punch a pape" story right there for the rags.
"Rangers message board in death threat to Celtic boss " type headline.
Wouldn't put anything past them in their bid to deflect.

Maybe...but then they would have to report on this thread then would they not? If they didn't then they would have no way of denying they are refusing to report the full story and the context.
More trouble for the rhags.

Last edited:
Separate entity lie has been a lie from day one.
they knew, we knew, hell EVERYONE knew!!

it’s getting the proof out there that kills the lie stone dead, and the amount of evidential proof that kills it and the kills it again it staggering, and it’s in no small part to what @BN94, @Grigo Yossarian and the rest are doing.

the rhats in the mhedia need to get a grip and start doing their job and reporting this stuff, because sooner or later, it’s going to boil over and it’ll be everyone else that’s running with it.

the useless man who holds the keys to justice in this country needs to get a grip and start investigating what is turning out to be the single biggest scandal this country has ever seen, never mind the game of football. He needs to start holding people, and clubs especially, to account.

the police need to be getting a grip also, as this is criminal stuff now, and the fact that one of the biggest organisations in this country and probably the world itself, has allowed a ring so vile and disgusting to grow and develop and the fact that the perpetrators of this ring have been involved for a very long time, and the amount of victims that have been damaged because of it is astonishing in the fact that the place hasn’t actually been closed down yet. There must be a genuine reason for this, surely it’s not because they are actually scared to close the whole thing down?

the football authorities in this country need to get a grip, because they could and should be sanctioning this club for the damages it has caused, and the scum therein and the damage it will cause this country and this game in the future will damage it further. They are also too scared to do anything about it.

the people who we are supposed to trust to look after us and make sure justice is served and the kids are protected, quite simply aren’t doing what they should be doing!! It’s left up to guys on a football forum, with the help of genuine victims, to sort this charade out once and for all, to bring justice to the victims and to bring the abusers and the enablers to their knees.

justice is all that is wanted here, justice will be served. The scum who treated these kids like toys for their own pleasure and the club who simply sat back and allowed it to happen, justice will be served.

not before time.

it’s getting the proof out there that kills the lie stone dead, and the amount of evidential proof that kills it and the kills it again it staggering, and it’s in no small part to what @BN94, @Grigo Yossarian and the rest are doing.

the rhats in the mhedia need to get a grip and start doing their job and reporting this stuff, because sooner or later, it’s going to boil over and it’ll be everyone else that’s running with it.

the useless man who holds the keys to justice in this country needs to get a grip and start investigating what is turning out to be the single biggest scandal this country has ever seen, never mind the game of football. He needs to start holding people, and clubs especially, to account.

the police need to be getting a grip also, as this is criminal stuff now, and the fact that one of the biggest organisations in this country and probably the world itself, has allowed a ring so vile and disgusting to grow and develop and the fact that the perpetrators of this ring have been involved for a very long time, and the amount of victims that have been damaged because of it is astonishing in the fact that the place hasn’t actually been closed down yet. There must be a genuine reason for this, surely it’s not because they are actually scared to close the whole thing down?

the football authorities in this country need to get a grip, because they could and should be sanctioning this club for the damages it has caused, and the scum therein and the damage it will cause this country and this game in the future will damage it further. They are also too scared to do anything about it.

the people who we are supposed to trust to look after us and make sure justice is served and the kids are protected, quite simply aren’t doing what they should be doing!! It’s left up to guys on a football forum, with the help of genuine victims, to sort this charade out once and for all, to bring justice to the victims and to bring the abusers and the enablers to their knees.

justice is all that is wanted here, justice will be served. The scum who treated these kids like toys for their own pleasure and the club who simply sat back and allowed it to happen, justice will be served.

not before time.

Great post Paulski.

not before time.

Well expressed post.

Even though it has been pulled, it needn’t mean the evidence is lost forever. Nevin’s words are still out there, he did say them.

The recording should be archived
If not archived, why not - looks like destroying evidence
Nevin can be re-interviewed
Think this would be the work of Hollicom to get this pulled. Surely some newspaper would run with this story of evidence suppressing destroying .

The team are far from finished mate. Really good to see media people from England wanting
to get involved in this.

We always knew, as a team, what the media were like up here, not to mention wee
Krankie & her convicted Justice Minister, so they'll be exposed on a national level
in the months to come.
GY do the English media realise just how big a story this really is ?

Appreciate if you can't say much G, but have you spoke to the media up here? Have they approached you guys? Have they put up resistance when approached?

No media up here apart from one J.

For some reason :)) we are getting much more attention from the UK media,
but to be honest these people are TRUE JOURNALISTS and award winning at
that mate.

No media up here apart from one J.

For some reason :)) we are getting much more attention from the UK media,
but to be honest these people are TRUE JOURNALISTS and award winning at
that mate.

Good to hear someone finds decades of child abuse and the associated cover up by one the largest football clubs in the country a story.

The media up here are an utter disgrace, the dogs on the street knew. So did they.

Good to hear someone finds decades of child abuse and the associated cover up by one the largest football clubs in the country a story.

The media up here are an utter disgrace, the dogs on the street knew. So did they.

100% mate.

They should be truly embarrassed.

The Sun have just once again copied The Times story, as they nearly always do but,
as you imply, this was a potential award winning story for at journalist in Scotland &
they are 'nearly' all avoiding it.

And there's more angles being worked on by the team too.

I went to Kelvinside Academy (90-96) and c.10% of the boys were RC. Privately educated RCs tend to go to St Als. Further, he is more likely to be a rugby man than into football.
Always used to think Mr Mullholand was nonce material ;-)
I'm class of '93 lads.

Loads of Gers fans, quite a few Bairns, and a whole bunch of 'rugger' (cringe!!) and cricket nuts. Can only actually think of 1 Celtic fan off top of my head in my whole year. Undoubtedly more but they certainly weren't vocal or numerous thats for sure. A few staunch teachers as well btw. Not a cult hotbed by any stretch.

Unfortunately, we have to live with the fact that Craig Whyte was fleetingly a part of our numbers. Jim White another former boy (both Rangers fans in ther own way) :mad: And now this Gary Smith character at BBC. As you say, very slim chance of him being part of the cabal, so much more likely he's pulled the podcast for legal reasons rather than anything nefarious.

Bit harsh on Mulholland btw.

I am very surprised that Private Eye have not uptaken the story. They usually call it how it is when the rest of the press ( up here anyway ) seem to be ignoring such a MASSIVE story. It seems much bigger and on a wider scale than any other paedophile ring case which were deemed significant enough to make documentaries and full blown films on. Furthermore, the fact that the press up here ARE ignoring it is potentially a huge story in itself.
Is the press holding back on this because of sub judice rules or fear of being sued, or perhaps complicit in the continued cover up?

The sporting governing authorities , the Scottish government ( especially the justice secretary ) the police , the mhedia all must be getting worried as this escalates . Their non participation I'm sure , will be highlighted in court and then we'll see them turn on each other ....be worried bhoys be very worried , you deserve everything coming to you.
The fat Japanese won't be laughing now

I am very surprised that Private Eye have not uptaken the story. They usually call it how it is when the rest of the press ( up here anyway ) seem to be ignoring such a MASSIVE story. It seems much bigger and on a wider scale than any other paedophile ring case which were deemed significant enough to make documentaries and full blown films on. Furthermore, the fact that the press up here ARE ignoring it is potentially a huge story in itself.
Is the press holding back on this because of sub judice rules or fear of being sued, or perhaps complicit in the continued cover up?

We did try them.

I have contacted them a number of times. From what was said, on here, about how they gather their stories, I suspect that their man, whoever he is, keeps saying that there is nothing in it. It's just football supporters.
To say I am disappointed is an understatment

What do you think the SFA report will say about Celtic re-employing TWO known paedophiles, after internally squashing scurrilous rumours about their activities?

If it's nothing (which I'm pretty sure it would have been if they'd released the report when it was due)... what will be the reason given that the author of the report can't do interviews? I'm going for mental health issues or claims of online bullying.

I have contacted them a number of times. From what was said, on here, about how they gather their stories, I suspect that their man, whoever he is, keeps saying that there is nothing in it. It's just football supporters.
To say I am disappointed is an understatment
Or, I wonder, is he taking advice from the ‘wrong’ people ? Maybe with the release of recent further evidence destroying the separate entity defence, they must see this is way beyond ‘football supporters’.

What do you think the SFA report will say about Celtic re-employing TWO known paedophiles, after internally squashing scurrilous rumours about their activities?

If it's nothing (which I'm pretty sure it would have been if they'd released the report when it was due)... what will be the reason given that the author of the report can't do interviews? I'm going for mental health issues or claims of online bullying.

Doncaster, Mulraney, Petrie, with Lawwell's hand up their Forrest Gump Buttox from behind ?

With abuser Neil Strachan's mate Henry on the review team ?

It was DESTINED to be a cover up mate. Children clearly don't matter to them.

If, or when, there is a documentary about this I would have on screen at the intro:

Is there any justice for Celtic FC's victims of child sexual abuse?

Camera hovers over Celtic badge.

Camera pans out revealing the badge is attached to the top worn by Justice Minister.

Not when the Justice Minister openly supports the crimes...

His lack of action is worse than many of those involved with Celtic who turned a blind eye to it.

In paisley centre at bottom of escalators at R.S.Mc call
The Trophy Centre in Paisley used to be at Neilston Road just by the cross, just up from Army Navy store on the corner.
Pretty sure Country Sports ended up in the shop when they moved nearer Paisley town centre.

Back