(Another) MyGers Thread

xd182

Yes, another MyGers thread. I haven't been able to get a reply from Greg but maybe there's someone other than him who's in-the-know and can give a definitive answer. I’ve had a look through the FAQ’s and can’t see this anywhere.

I wasn’t lucky enough to get offered a season ticket through the Waiting List last year so I ended up buying one from the FF Ticket Office for the remainder of the season. And since MyGers has been announced, it looks like I’ve done myself out of some points by taking someone else’s season ticket and not buying my own individual games. Now, every point matters in the hope I’ll get a season ticket this year.

If you go on the MyGers website you'll see how many points you're getting for purchasing a Season Ticket (120), purchasing a MyGers membership (20), purchasing a home match ticket (5), etc.

Assuming they use the above points to determine our initial points, how does the accrual of points work where you have bought more than one ticket for a game?

Taking the Rangers vs. Marseille pre-season friendly as an example - I bought 4 tickets. Will I get:
A. 5 points for making one purchase.
B. 20 points for purchasing 4 individual match tickets.

Or the Europa 3-Match Package... I bought two sets of tickets knowing I’d find someone (dad, brother, etc.) to go to the games with when the time came. So, will I get:
A. 5 points for making one purchase.
B. 10 points for purchasing two lots of tickets.
C. 30 points for purchasing 6 individual match tickets.

I’ve looked through my account history and where I’ve bought more than one ticket, it looks like I could lose out on approx. 90 points if Rangers don’t think I should get 5 points for every individual ticket I’ve purchased. That could be the difference between being offered a season ticket this year based on the absolutely incredible renewal numbers.

What’s everyone’s opinion? Is it as simple as 6 tickets bought multiplied by the number of points? Or is it “don’t be greedy, you personally only sat one seat” and the multiple tickets I bought shouldn’t be counted?

Don't have the answer sorry but I doubt they will count multiple tickets for the same matches. I'd love if they did as I've bought loads of tickets for same matches to get groups of us going, between 2 and 14.

I think, in the interests of fairness, they will only give you points for YOUR attendance at the match and not for a bunch of mates who went along with you.

From the FAQ:

Can I claim points if I have made purchases for someone else?

No, points are linked to an individual Rangers number and are non-transferable.

I think, in the interests of fairness, they will only give you points for YOUR attendance at the match and not for a bunch of mates who went along with you.

From the FAQ:

Can I claim points if I have made purchases for someone else?

No, points are linked to an individual Rangers number and are non-transferable.
I understand if I'd chosen someone in the Friends and Family dropdown menu, and allocated them the ticket then I wouldn't get the points... But in all instances, the 4 (or 6) tickets were all purchased by my Rangers Number.

I understand if I'd chosen someone in the Friends and Family dropdown menu, and allocated them the ticket then I wouldn't get the points... But in all instances, the 4 (or 6) tickets were all purchased by my Rangers Number.
Yes but if they allowed it it would cause a situation where people would buy multiple tickets for games then selling them on but gaining all the points . Not sure what the club will do but fairest way is each member is max 5 points per game .

Yes but if they allowed it it would cause a situation where people would buy multiple tickets for games then selling them on but gaining all the points . Not sure what the club will do but fairest way is each member is max 5 points per game .
Yeah that crossed my mind as well! And I understand from now on that may well be the case to stop people accruing points, now that a points system is in place.

If the club were looking at rewarding fans for their loyalty since 2015/16 and a guy has taken his son to 30 games... It's hard to believe that he'll not be rewarded for giving his money to the club. The points system wasn't in place back then to say 'he was cheating the system'.

Listen, fair's fair and everyone will be treated the same at the end of the day. I only posted this to get an opinion on how people think it will be done. Just wanted to gauge others' understanding of initial point accrual :)) based on the responses so far, we're of the opinion that multiple tickets won't be counted!

Back