Sunderland's Academy manager leaves - and the rumours are the Academy will be scrapped

Times are hard...just last week they had hospitality staff outside helping cut the grass.

That club has been spiralling downwards for years and failure to win promotion as customer fortune. You would have thought that the academy would have been one of the last places to make cuts when you're trying to develop a team on a limited budget

That club has been spiralling downwards for years and failure to win promotion as customer fortune. You would have thought that the academy would have been one of the last places to make cuts when you're trying to develop a team on a limited budget

Why. There probably paying some of these guys 20k a week.
The level of debt at that club was mental and the people there delusional that they could sustain it being in league 1.

Why. There probably paying some of these guys 20k a week.
The level of debt at that club was mental and the people there delusional that they could sustain it being in league 1.
Agree with all of that, a basket case of a club, I just feel that without an academy they will forever be destined to spending big on players or more likely will go bust.

Poor Sunderland, I feel for their supporters (even the crackpots who think they're the most loyal supporters in the world).
Stewart Donald takes over, talks about sensible spending, and tries to buy Will Grigg. Offers £1m, then ups to £1.25m. Jack Ross tells him not to go above £1.25m as Grigg isn't worth any more. Donald gets his man late on for £3m, with add ons of possible £1m. Madman
Getting rid of the Academy is short sighted but perhaps Donald is thinking he won't be there long term so it won't be his problem.
Martyn Waghorn was the star of their Academy which also had Jordan Henderson,Jack Colback and Conor Hourihane.

Poor Sunderland, I feel for their supporters (even the crackpots who think they're the most loyal supporters in the world).
Stewart Donald takes over, talks about sensible spending, and tries to buy Will Grigg. Offers £1m, then ups to £1.25m. Jack Ross tells him not to go above £1.25m as Grigg isn't worth any more. Donald gets his man late on for £3m, with add ons of possible £1m. Madman
Getting rid of the Academy is short sighted but perhaps Donald is thinking he won't be there long term so it won't be his problem.
Martyn Waghorn was the star of their Academy which also had Jordan Henderson,Jack Colback and Conor Hourihane.
That Will griggs story totally sums up what happens when an otherwise sane business man gets emotionality involved in football

I honestly cannot believe folk were feeling sorry for Donald after STID season 2 aired. A snake-oil populist who is well out his depth.

Seems a lot of academies will be cut. Was going to say that there may be a few decent youngsters worth a look but suspect anyone half decent will be kept on for the senior squads.

He leaves us with a win percentage of 0%.

There’ll be absolute war on if the academy is scrapped mind. We recently retained our Category One status and to throw that away would be criminal. Sooner these conmen in charge sever all ties with the club the better
Is this the same folk from Netflix mate

They were another club sh@t on by the points per game cancelled league nonsense.

It was Peterborough United sitting 3rd in a play-off spot ended up 7th on PPG

Sunderland were 7th dropping to 8th but it was very tight 3 points separated 2nd to 8th prior the suspension of football

No real love for Sunderland but got to feel sorry for the fans.
What about this c.unt?

gmb_kevin_1387041-768x426.jpg

It was Peterborough United sitting 3rd in a play-off spot ended up 7th on PPG

Sunderland were 7th dropping to 8th but it was very tight 3 points separated 2nd to 8th prior the suspension of football

I know mate. But they were bang in it and the season should've been finished.

it’s the same bloke from the second series mate aye
Seemed genuine enough mate but u will no better! Used to like Sunderland and our Rangers bus used to do a trip down every year back in the 90s but felt it was getting to Celtic minded which was shame

Seemed genuine enough mate but u will no better! Used to like Sunderland and our Rangers bus used to do a trip down every year back in the 90s but felt it was getting to Celtic minded which was shame

He did seem genuine at the start mate, reeled us all in! The pair of them are nothing but conmen though, only one direction the club’s heading these days.

Certainly isn’t getting Celtic minded mate. Always said that after Glasgow, Sunderland is the place you’ll see the highest concentration of Rangers shirts. Always see a few walking through the Bridges or whatnot

Getting rid of there academy would be utter madness it’s the last place I’d go making cuts if I was Sunderland. They’d be better making cuts in the first team accepting where they are and trying to build through youth for the future. The North-East of England is known as one of the centres of youth football talent. The players that have come from there for decades now. L

From a solely business perspective it has the potential to be a long term wealth creater by selling on talent but I don’t think the owners as Sunderland have any interest in the long term and have purely bought the club with the aim of being promoted to back to EPL and the selling it on.

Know a good few Sunderland fans who are into Rangers.
Gers are well thought of down there.
Hope they do well

Only really know one Sunderland fan, no great affection for us but absolutely hates 'them'.
He'll do for me.

After watching the Netflix series, you can only feel sorry for their fans. Fed a dream and the reality is so much different. Will be a huge loss and mistake to do away with the academy as that could be how the club produces good talents that can get them back up or sell for good money to raise funds. Sad state of affairs down there.

Back