Naismith on the Kris Boyd podcast

tenor.gif

Pre 2012, Naismith epitomised why we dominated the mentally challengeds.

He was hungry, angry, ambitious and talented.

It’s why I don’t get upset being linked with genuine Scottish talent.

It’s a fight and desire that exists from knowing you’re part of something.

In simple personality types, he’s a leader. Annoying, irritating, hates to lose, but he’ll absolutely roll up his sleeves and try and dig the team out a hole.

I’m not sure who’s the modern day equivalent, but we need more of that character.

Only really Jack has that in our team, imo. The rest are soft in those departments.

His only mistake was the press conference which he readily admits was a mistake let’s be honest they all whale quite right to bale considering what was happening

Matter of opinion, bailing to line your own pocket isn't my idea of being "quite right"

If he'd just left he would've been forgiven a longtime ago. Absolutely no need whatsoever for a PC. Then absolutely no need to say what he and the other 1 said in PC. In a long spring/summer of kicks to the stones I've got to admit that PC really was a sickener. Said at the time it was unforgivable and I still think it is now. Old saying once a Ranger always a Ranger is obsolete for those 2 imo.

Last edited:
what would you have done no way Naismith .”, Davis etc where going to play in division 3 green wanted cash for them and am glad now they bailed
Is there any way superstars like Pirlo, Buffon and Cannavaro would stuck with Juve when they were demoted? Yes, they did. Men of integrity, class and honour, and as a result will be lauded by Juve fans long after they're gone. Naismith etc, were not superstars.

That podcast was decent.

A few things from it. He was or maybe still is a Rangers man. He never wanted to leave us and he had the opportunities too. I dodnt quite understand how the administration affected the team especially when we were 15 points ahead.

He was a great wee player but that interview I cant forgive him.

Is there any way superstars like Pirlo, Buffon and Cannavaro would stuck with Juve when they were demoted? Yes, they did. Men of integrity, class and honour, and as a result will be lauded by Juve fans long after they're gone. Naismith etc, were not superstars.

They only went down 1 division. I think the majority of our stars would have stayed for 1 season. We were tore apart on and off the field.

His only mistake was the press conference which he readily admits was a mistake let’s be honest they all whale quite right to bale considering what was happening
Doesn’t matter any more, he’s a rat, the door is closed and he will never be allowed to wear our jersey.

Loved him. What a player. Was like watching yourself play for Rangers.

To stick the knife in the way he did to the clapping audience was unforgivable. Especially because he was one of us.
Spot on the reason I will never forgive him was I thought he was one of us and would never do what he did ..... RAT

I still can't get over why he thought that press conference was a good idea. Absolutely crazy and such a brutal kick in the balls from a former hero when we least needed it.

Has he explained himself anywhere? Or does he in that interview?

Aye the press conference was naive at best. I've sort of made peace with it over the years but can understand why people would still have an issue with him setting foot in Ibrox.

He was excellent value for us as a player it can't be argued.

Can’t forgive him, broke my heart, my favourite Rangers player at the time it was a stab in the back when we were on our knees.

what would you have done no way Naismith .”, Davis etc where going to play in division 3 green wanted cash for them and am glad now they bailed

Again, matter of opinion, Rangers wanted money for them, they didn't get it.
And also, all this money Charlie was pocketing would have showed up in the books, no?
How much was it?

He was a smashing player, we loved him, he hated them, had a car crash of an interview and will forever be a rat.
Walter Smith gets an easier ride for some reason regards new club quote.

Again, matter of opinion, Rangers wanted money for them, they didn't get it.
And also, all this money Charlie was pocketing would have showed up in the books, no?
How much was it?
Shown up in the books? We had share issues galore and every penny vanished. What was the value of our share issues again ?

Don’t get me wrong what he did was bang out of order and was the ultimate kick in the teeth but if we signed the Naismith that left (and he’s not that player any more) then he’d kick us on to the next level, and people would soon forget

Shown up in the books? We had share issues galore and every penny vanished. What was the value of our share issues again ?

Ok, not going to get into this argument, however, at the time of our prized assets walking out the door to pad their own bank balances, costing the club millions BTW, there was no such inkling that Charlie and his boys were there to ransack the club, that line of thinking came after they all flew the cooper.

BTW, I am in no way sticking up for any of that board, but blaming them for our players walking out is a no no for me.

Ok, not going to get into this argument, however, at the time of our prized assets walking out the door to pad their own bank balances, costing the club millions BTW, there was no such inkling that Charlie and his boys were there to ransack the club, that line of thinking came after they all flew the cooper.

BTW, I am in no way sticking up for any of that board, but blaming them for our players walking out is a no no for me.

try telling that to John Brown.

You can retrospectively say the players were right to run out on the club but as poster above says at the time they did it there was no inclination that the new owners were crooks. Short memories for a lot of people. They were traitors in our eyes when they left and that was the broadly supported view. And if you say well they had a better position to judge it then what about the guys who did tupe over? Are they idiots or did they not have the same insight. Ultimately its in the past and cant be changed but the ones who left did so out of self interest and any other view of it like they were doing the right thing is revisionist and with the luxury of hindsight.

Pre 2012, Naismith epitomised why we dominated the mentally challengeds.

He was hungry, angry, ambitious and talented.

It’s why I don’t get upset being linked with genuine Scottish talent.

It’s a fight and desire that exists from knowing you’re part of something.

In simple personality types, he’s a leader. Annoying, irritating, hates to lose, but he’ll absolutely roll up his sleeves and try and dig the team out a hole.

I’m not sure who’s the modern day equivalent, but we need more of that character.

Only really Jack has that in our team, imo. The rest are soft in those departments.

Can’t argue with any of that tbf.

On reflection and with the benefit of hindsight I’d have taken him back in the 2017 and 2018 summer windows.

I have forgotten and forgiven. It’s no surprise our bid for 4 in a row went downhill when he got injured. If he didn’t do his knee, regardless of admin we’d have won the league.
You could see it hurt him when he scored the winner in jan/Feb. I’m sure I’ll get pelters for it, but he’s what our dressing room lacks. The player you hate when you’re against but love to have on your side.

Pirlo was at Milan at the time and Cannavaro did leave that summer. A number of their top players left. Those that stayed would not have had to take anything like the pay cut our players would have had to take either and Juventus knew they would be back in Serie A the following season. I am convinced we would have kept McGregor, Davis, Naismith etc (most of our players who were fans) had we only been demoted one division.

His and his pals stage managed that it was them who brokered a deal for the players to take a wage cut to save others jobs when in reality they held the process up and had a Sky news team to be at a certain spot at the gates of the training ground.’

I was gutted to lose him as he made us tick and his will to win was top notch that rubbed off on his colleagues .

Back