Catering

sammy1872

We have heard so much about stuff from bisgrove in recent weeks from the Copland walkway to edministon house and obviously the castore stuff.

anyone got any information about the catering we can expect when we eventually get back into stadiums. I’m sure I read the Elior deal expired this summer . Was it renewed?

they really need to up there game if it was renewed. It’s shocking atm in terms of quality and choice and is a real area the club need to improve alongside the stuff mentioned above. it will also be shocking if card payments are not available from this season. I like so many I know barely carry physical cash on me and there’s been many a time I would have bought stuff but with no card option I simply couldn’t. Card machines are not expensive and surely would bring lots of money into the club. Even better if they accept Apple Pay or contactless.

Based on some of the comments from Bisgrove in the last few months, it sounds like we've retained Elior as our catering provider.

Contactless payment have been installed on the concourses by the sounds it.

The club are doing so much right now but the catering is one area where we are being extremely lazy.
rangers could easily employee a high level hospitality manager who could oversee us running our own catering or at the very least oversee different companies coming in to offer different foods at each of the outlets in the stadium

I would very surprised to see the Club sign a new contract with Elior without reassurances and clauses concerning quality of food and service.

You could do far far better food in those kiosks with minimal upgrading

One area we are quite lazy on. I know we have a contract but id hope it'd have been improved

It is imperative that the standard is significantly improved.

What has been provided in recent years has been absolutely dreadful.

The club and whoever their catering supplier is owe us a huge improvement in this area. It simply has not been good enough.

It's alright making sure the hospitality food and beverage is of a certain standard, but for the other 49,000 or so on matchdays, we deserve to be properly catered for as well. Up to now it has been a piss take.

It is imperative that the standard is significantly improved.

What has been provided in recent years has been absolutely dreadful.

The club and whoever their catering supplier is owe us a huge improvement in this area. It simply has not been good enough.

It's alright making sure the hospitality food and beverage is of a certain standard, but for the other 49,000 or so on matchdays, we deserve to be properly catered for as well.
Not just that - if we have more people buying food in the concourse more money goes to the club. Instead of queue after queue to the burger vans outside the stadium.

Not just that - if we have more people buying food in the concourse more money goes to the club. Instead of queue after queue to the burger vans outside the stadium.
I must admit, I have been on my own personal boycott in terms of buying 'food' from inside the stadium. Out of principal I have been unwilling to give anyone any money for such a sub-standard product and service. Unless the standard and offering improves significantly i will continue to keep my money. But i really hope we see an upturn in what is on offer.

Im sure bisgrove said that kiosks in concourses are to be done up just hope they have told elior to up their game regarding the catering in the stands

I don’t mind the steak pies but agree that it’s pretty poor. It’s mind blowing that the same company do the hospital catering which is genuinely superb.

Hopefully it’s a case of one step at a time.

My biggest complaint about the catering in the stand is the time it takes to get served!
I’ve been in the hospitality trade as a chef/management for 30 years and it’s a joke!
Tbh I’ve been to various hospitality suits and if it wasn’t for us supporting our club and the drinks I would hard to see it value for money!
I would love to see the club sit down with some supporters and put across there thoughts!
I feel prices are high because of waste. Anytime I’m leaving there are bags of pies ready for the bin! Problems like this don’t help..

My biggest complaint about the catering in the stand is the time it takes to get served!
I’ve been in the hospitality trade as a chef/management for 30 years and it’s a joke!
Tbh I’ve been to various hospitality suits and if it wasn’t for us supporting our club and the drinks I would hard to see it value for money!
I would love to see the club sit down with some supporters and put across there thoughts!
I feel prices are high because of waste. Anytime I’m leaving there are bags of pies ready for the bin! Problems like this don’t help..

theres a simply way to shorten queues and that’s allowing contactless payments. Only other way is better staff training but I don’t blame the staff. You pay them minimum wage you get minimum wage effort. Pay them even the living wage and you can expect higher standards

The concourse catering is poor , if I want something to eat I usually get it from the mobile caterer at the rear of the Copeland , which is not bad , however I have to say the Sunday carvery at Argyle House is excellent ! ,
Copeland is in Cumbria mate.

The catering need to up their game. Just look how much revenue is lost with the punters in this thread that have gave up even trying it any more.

The standard of food, pricing and service is generally a disgrace.

it will take a lot more than contactless payments to make we want to spend money inside the stadium.
Have to agree.

If they think that just sticking in contactless payment is going to sort everything, my card will remain in my wallet.

You've seen from the YouTube stuff when English guys come up for games. They absolutely - and quite rightly - slate the food on offer at the kiosks. It's embarrassing.

Massive improvement must happen.

The club are doing so much right now but the catering is one area where we are being extremely lazy.
Rangers could easily employee a high level hospitality manager who could oversee us running our own catering or at the very least oversee different companies coming in to offer different foods at each of the outlets in the stadium
FFS, get Greggs as a partner. Stuff would fly out and stock wouldn't be an issue.

Based on some of the comments from Bisgrove in the last few months, it sounds like we've retained Elior as our catering provider.

Contactless payment have been installed on the concourses by the sounds it.
AT DC United in MLS you can phone in your order and they bring it to your seat. Maybe they should introduce that to stop folk congregating at the kiosk?

Reactions: L_D
James Bisgrove said on Heart and Hand that catering on concourses are being given overhaul in terms of facilities and menu. Im sure I heard before that they were hauled up by club to up their game on food

Anyone ever actually complained to Elior about the quality and pricing ? A simple threat to boycott their food inside the ground would easily make them sit up and take notice, sitting on the internet complaining will do nothing but get you the same overpriced rubbish.

In this day and age you should be able to have a selection of food,healthy food included for the kids,instead of rock hard shitey pies that would break your teeth,scolding hot bovril you can't drink and taking the absolute piss with the prices, they get away with it because they can.

Nobody is going to tell me that the club couldn't do this themselves, the contract probably covers all the food sold in Ibrox including all the suites and hospitality and the plebs like me and you just get hit with rubbish.

How much do they charge for a pie ? Think of the profit they make on every pie sold for very little outlay along with the watered down coke, they are making massive profits on everything the sell in the foyers.

Would it not be nice to actually have something healthy for the kids like fruit, could easily sell small containers of salad if that was your thing, cup of home made soup,decent burgers on a decent sized roll, slices of pizza,bridies,pasties, big sausage rolls,the skys the limit.

The football fan always gets a raw deal when it comes to quality and pricing,we have it in our power to change it for the better, we are the customers and company's are supposed to listen to their customers and get feedback from what they sell, they don't give a toss because we just roll up and buy what they offer us.

I must admit, I have been on my own personal boycott in terms of buying 'food' from inside the stadium. Out of principal I have been unwilling to give anyone any money for such a sub-standard product and service. Unless the standard and offering improves significantly i will continue to keep my money. But i really hope we see an upturn in what is on offer.

Same here, I usually have a KFC before every home game, the only thing I buy in the stadium is a small coke, and even that is often watered down and horrible.

The whole concourse needs completely revamped in regards to catering, it’s totally substandard.

I would very surprised to see the Club sign a new contract with Elior without reassurances and clauses concerning quality of food and service.

Elior are one of the biggest catering chains in Europe and the fourth largest in the world, making over €5b a year, they definitely offer quality food packages. What we will get at the stadium will be down to the package we have with them.

Rangers could easily employee a high level hospitality manager who could oversee us running our own catering or at the very least oversee different companies coming in to offer different foods at each of the outlets in the stadium

Is it worth the bother for 15 minutes at HT if you really need chips and a burger they'res plenty vans around the stadium.

The catering within the concourses could obviously be improved, both in terms of menu and quality and I’m sure that is being worked on. I’d also like to see us having our own catering being done on the stadium footprint though. The amount of money we as fans spend on the burger vans must be eye watering with the club gaining very little from that apart from a pitch hire fee possibly. Two or three big pitches offering your traditional pies etc but also a good range of healthier food, snacks and drink with the money being spent coming back to Rangers. I know I spend way more time on the stadium footprint before and after games than I do in the concourses at half time so I’d be more likely to want to grab something to eat that way and likely spend more as well!

Is it worth the bother for 15 minutes at HT if you really need chips and a burger they'res plenty vans around the stadium.

the fact Elior were happy to pay 4m a year for the catering and cleaning suggests it is worth the bother.

the pies themselves are bought from pars pies for under 50p and are sold for about £3

I know we don't have as much space but we should have looked at how sports stadiums in the US do catering. What we have is worse than shit.

I only ever really buy a drink and even then most the time I am put off by the massive queue and how long it takes to go down.

I think the current poor showing can be owed to previous boards desire to get in a quick buck from Elior then letting them do what they want with regards catering. I guess no attention was ever put into getting full value out of the contract and thus Elior took the money and sold poor products with a bigger profit. The word from the commercial dept is that Elior will now have to work for their % so hopefully changes will be seen.

Back