Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

thats a harrowing listen, a few points:

the lady said her brother couldve avoided the abuse if celtic scurrilous allegations had been taken seriously by celtic, the sfa and the police.

She has suffered violence from celtic fans egged on by scottish media.

How can celtic boast about safeguarding children going forward when their internal investigation didnt speak to any victims?

Finally what i picked from is how can the SFA commission a report into historic child abuse when a complainer had directly implicated them in the historical cover up?

Anybody on here - or within Scottish society as a whole - who has not shared this link on their social media outlets need to seriously ask themselves - why not?
To sit and say that what went on in "Spotlight", "Athlete A" and the Jeffrey Epstein expose on Netflix was "shocking, terrible, inexcusable, etc, etc" and then not highlight what's gone on in this country for half a century is a poor. poor show, to put it mildly.

GET IT OUT THERE!!!

Listened to that podcast

Heart goes out to both Michelle & Gordon and all the other victims of the beasts at CBC & CFC

How the majority of the SMSM can bury and deflect away from this scandal and protect the bastards is disgusting

Hope more brave victims take courage to open up if they were abused and get their trauma off their chest and souls

A club who protects paedos and we have Nippy, Useless, The Scot Govt and a host of influential groups helping cover it up and not punish the bastards is sickening

Shame on all those who are complicit

You’re on a par with the vile paedos

Dirty sick bastards the lot of you

I hope Karma comes back to bite the cuunts

That was incredibly powerful and heartbreaking to listen to, they are both so brave telling their stories, it’s just horrendous the abuse they get online and I’ve read some of it, how would these people feel if it was one of their children.
I hope they get enough signatures for this enquiry it’s long overdue any right minded individual will support it.

What really is it going to take for someone within the Scottish media to really get hold of this. It’s like they’re trying their best to not want to report on it

I think they are scared.

The Grays have been targetted for physical attacks and online abuse etc...

Random Scottish journalist won't put his head above the parapet and make it front page news daily only to become subject to attack UNTIL the Scottish Government make it clear that they themselves are against child sexual abuse at Celtic and that, guess what, it is okay to criticise Celtic for committing crimes.

Humza supports Celtic and paedophilia more than he supports Justice for all people of Scotland.

The latest child sex abuse case compensation was reported in The Guardian this week. It was a former Children‘s Home in the South East of England. The compensation for the first tranche of victims amounts to £46Million, with he highest award being £250K. Other cases are still ongoing and it I expected that the final compensation will take the total figure close to £100Million. Interesting times ahead.
250K isn't enough for what some went through.

I think they are scared.

The Grays have been targetted for physical attacks and online abuse etc...

Random Scottish journalist won't put his head above the parapet and make it front page news daily only to become subject to attack UNTIL the Scottish Government make it clear that they themselves are against child sexual abuse at Celtic and that, guess what, it is okay to criticise Celtic for committing crimes.

Humza supports Celtic and paedophilia more than he supports Justice for all people of Scotland.
They will do what they do best, report on the report and then hope it goes away. Same as Letterkenny, when the Daily Record reported on the P&J reporting about sectarian singing. Keevins et al would not speak about a "non-Football" issue on Clyde.

The Record and Sun will mention the report, then congratulate themselves on their half-arsed exclusives from years ago. Spiers will call it deplorable, then quote Caligula.

It will take a real journalist, who has no vested interest, support or skeletons with Celtic to run with this.

What really is it going to take for someone within the Scottish media to really get hold of this. It’s like they’re trying their best to not want to report on it
When the hordes joined in with the cult, I'm willing to bet that senior nats made a deal with the devil.

No coincidence that the nat govt excluded religion and sports clubs from future investigations. I'm not saying that all clubs and religions are innocent of this, but by a country mile the 2 biggest sinners that have more to hide than anyone, are the beneficiaries.

Giving up your morals for votes, that's what this has came down to. This makes the snp as guilty as everyone else in this sordid behaviour.

People might say, I'm sounding a bit paranoid,but I dont think so. Thought about this for a while and it's as plain as day that it's a back scratching exercise.

I hope when the enablers and abusers at Celtic listen to this podcast the fact begins to sink in that they are dealing with people who have integrity, dignity and a will to see this through to the end and get justice not only for themselves and their families but for the countless others who had their childhoods stolen and lives ruined by the pedophile ring that operated within Celtic.
This is most certainly not going away, the day of reckoning is coming soon and when that day comes the victims of Celtic will receive the justice they deserve and those who carried out the abuse and those who enabled it and covered it up through all those years and are still doing so today
will be made to pay for their evil.
Justice For Celtics Victims

A message to both Gordon and Michelle, I have just listened to interview with Adrian Goldberg, although I have follwed this thread it is the first time I have heard you both speak. Never stop the fight, God bless both of you and your families. It was heartbreaking to listen to the interview and that was only half an hour. To everyone else that are helping them I thank you all as well. Gordon and Michelle, you did the right thing.

Surely that billboard statement is wrong the slogan should read "Abusers always work from ROME,

Bang on the money BW. You never know, now the seed's been planted, someone may change it to just that.

Quite apt an abusers board outside their shithole of a pub. I doubt they'll recognise it for what it is though as they don't see abuse, even when it's staring them in the face.

Paedo harbouring rats.

I've listened to Nevin and he makes a bit of an arse of himself in saying the parents should have noticed then corrects himself. He also does giggle but if I'm honest I took that as nerves. His discussion was quite revealing about the culture or normalised behaviour around that boys club

It’s in no way my place to tell the survivors how to take Nevin here. To laugh at any point during that interview is insensitive at the very least. But I agree it sounded more out of nervousness. It didn’t seem to me that he was making light of the terrible events.

So let me get this straight. Around 9 or so minutes in Gordon Woods tells the following story about this complete and utter scumbag got his hooks into him:

Woods was told that he wasn't going to be making it onto the team after trials. Torbett immediately approached him and told him not to listen to that and he'd get him back on the team.

Woods was 13 and was just devastated, as any one of us that dreamed of playing football for pay would be, on being told he wasn't good enough.

How much any one of you want to bet me that this wasn't a well thought out plan by these sick fncks?? Regardless of footballing talent, choose a boy who they identify of being a prime target and tell them they didn't make a team only to use it to their advantage.

Based on others' responses to listening to this podcast I'm scared of what's to come.

So let me get this straight. Around 9 or so minutes in Gordon Woods tells the following story about this complete and utter scumbag got his hooks into him:

Woods was told that he wasn't going to be making it onto the team after trials. Torbett immediately approached him and told him not to listen to that and he'd get him back on the team.

Woods was 13 and was just devastated, as any one of us that dreamed of playing football for pay would be, on being told he wasn't good enough.

How much any one of you want to bet me that this wasn't a well thought out plan by these sick fncks?? Regardless of footballing talent, choose a boy who they identify of being a prime target and tell them they didn't make a team only to use it to their advantage.

Based on others' responses to listening to this podcast I'm scared of what's to come.
Now the track has been removed from Soundcloud. I've tried on two different computers. This can't be happening right?

I've listened to Nevin and he makes a bit of an arse of himself in saying the parents should have noticed then corrects himself. He also does giggle but if I'm honest I took that as nerves. His discussion was quite revealing about the culture or normalised behaviour around that boys club

This is what I struggle with. It was known by other parents yet ignored while keeping their child involved and potentially under threat of harm.

I find that astounding.

Now the track has been removed from Soundcloud. I've tried on two different computers. This can't be happening right?
Appears to be have been pulled. Too late. We've heard it. It's out there.
IMO pulled by sinister forces wanting the so called good name of Celtic saved from ruin. Again too late. Also, maybe some serious people don't want their name dragged into this. And I'm surmising, police, politicians, judges. Again. Too late

Anybody on here - or within Scottish society as a whole - who has not shared this link on their social media outlets need to seriously ask themselves - why not?
To sit and say that what went on in "Spotlight", "Athlete A" and the Jeffrey Epstein expose on Netflix was "shocking, terrible, inexcusable, etc, etc" and then not highlight what's gone on in this country for half a century is a poor. poor show, to put it mildly.

GET IT OUT THERE!!!
I would if I could. Tried to listen to it just now with a view to sharing it on Social Media - the interview link is 'MISSING'!

Holicommunicom are at it again :(

This is what I struggle with. It was known by other parents yet ignored while keeping their child involved and potentially under threat of harm.

I find that astounding.

a point made in the now removed podcast was there's so many ex celtic players who could come out and quash the separate entity crap and support an enquiry yet they all remain silent. How many explayers, coaches and media could and should say something yet they all remain silent. A national disgrace.

Has any of the lads has contact with Adrian and had it confirmed as to why it has been pulled? We all know why but it would be good to deal in facts.

They will not be silenced any longer. The world is slowly starting to hear of the hell of Celtic Fc and their boys club.
Prob something said , we need to start calling the beasts from now on
Beast A,
Beast B,
Beast C,
Beast D,
Beast E,
Beast F,
Beast G,
Beast H,
Beast ..... Well you know the rest

I'll be honest, I didn't think he was laughing at the actual abuse. I thought it was nerves and the surrealism of it all when he was looking back at it.

What is the story here with this officersfa guy? Looks dodgy as hell for the sfa.
Yeah I remember this from a while back, the SFA changed their rules in light of the scandals coming out. At face value it would appear they were trying to take away the responsibility from clubs in reporting cases, ie Celtic. But I recall a few comments at a later date from one of the victims trying to hold the SFA accountable for the abuse. Perhaps media at work, or perhaps lawyers thinking the SFA were an easier target, who knows. I would bet the hand of Lawwell would be involved somewhere along the line, trying the old deflection tactics.

The actions of the Celtic hierarchy in all of this have been absolutely despicable, from the 60’s right up to the present day. No confessions or Hail Marys are gonna save them though.

I didn't think from the paedohiders perspective that there was anything in those interviews with Adrian Goldberg that has not been written before but obviously something has touched a raw nerve with them.
Perhaps with the civil case imminent then Gordon and Michelle telling listeners what happened might jeapardise the paedohiders chances of a sustained cover up of the abuse and the joined at the hip connection with CBC.
I feel sorry for the deniers, It's a terrible time to be one of them and an enabler and Paedohider.:eek:
The truth shall set them free. ;)

Don’t usually listen to anything like that, glad I did,genuinely cried listening to a bit of it, that guilt gordon feels he is carrying regarding the death of Michelle’s brother is haunting.

Im really struggling with it as well now, I think as the dam begins to burst there will be an outpouring of grief. Ive not been myself since the Strachan east celtic boys club release of couple of weeks ago, that floored me. Ive known the story for years but hearing it again was brutal, ive got kids in my family that age.

Last edited:
Im really struggling with it as well now, I think as the dam begins to burst there will be an outpouring of grief. Ive not been myself since the Strachan east celtic boys club release of couple of weeks ago, that floored me. Ive known the story for years but hearing it again was brutal, ive got kids in my family that age.
Exactly.

I know its been said before but I can't even fathom what kind of person could hurt a defenseless child that trusted you. I have problems hurting peoples' feelings much less consciously inflicting trauma and harm on them.

There just HAS to be just retribution for these sick deviants somewhere in their karma.

Exactly.

I know its been said before but I can't even fathom what kind of person could hurt a defenseless child that trusted you. I have problems hurting peoples' feelings much less consciously inflicting trauma and harm on them.

There just HAS to be just retribution for these sick deviants somewhere in their karma.

I agree thats why they and the enablers must be brought to justice, what they do is just soo wicked on every level of reasoning. Monsters

It’s in no way my place to tell the survivors how to take Nevin here. To laugh at any point during that interview is insensitive at the very least. But I agree it sounded more out of nervousness. It didn’t seem to me that he was making light of the terrible events.

think its more his mannerism its how he'd Talk on any serious subject

Back