Ronaldo breaks Juventus record

I think he is the best player ever but we are lucky to have him and Messi to watch at the same time. Both incredible

Ronaldo is an absolute goalscoring machine. Everywhere he goes he can't help it! Best player in the world right now.

As a Serie A fan boy , who particularly doesn’t like him. Three leagues he’s done it in, that is commendable even if 40% of the goals are penalties.

Last edited:
Scored his first free kick for Juve today at the 46th attempt. I better be quiet now though, his spiceboy fans don’t like people looking beyond the bare numbers :D
His free kick stats are shocking and are a prime example of player power. Steven Whittaker probably has a better FK to goal ratio. I can’t believe Pjanic or Dybala roll over and let him take them , from top players it’s baffling.

The nonsense about Messi not being as good because he's only played for one team and in one league would hold more water if he didn't rip the best teams in Europe apart regularly in the Champions League.

Both are fantastic players but Messi is the more talented of the two, when push comes to shove.
Everyone can see Messi is a better player, my best mate is from Spain and I’ve mentioned him on HandH a few times. Messi is thought of better there according to him and a few of our mates think Ronaldo is the best because “he’s pure fast and strong”. Which makes us cringe. It’s not a contest in all honesty. I like CRS determination but, I’m sure Messi has scored something like 27 goals v English teams in 40 games which knackers the hipster argument. As a Serie A fan boy, Ronaldo has not set the heather on fire in italy as expected, he still averages 1:2 don’t get me wrong but taking every penalty and free kick limits the validity (9 pens I think he’s scored this season).

Everyone can see Messi is a better player, my best mate is from Spain and I’ve mentioned him on HandH a few times. Messi is thought of better there, a few of our mates think Ronaldo is the best because “he’s pure fast and strong”. It’s not a contest in all honesty. I like CRS determination but, I’m sure Messi has scored something like 27 goals v English teams in 40 games which knackers the hipster argument.
Agreed. The idea that he has to prove himself against teams like Everton and bologna to show how good he is makes no sense, considering he's regularly scoring against teams like Liverpool and Juventus in the Champions League.

Numbers wise there's very little between the two players, but I do struggle to see how anyone who loves football can enjoy Ronaldo more than Messi as a player. One is a machine and one is an artist - end results are broadly similar but I know what I'd rather watch

Agreed. The idea that he has to prove himself against teams like Everton and bologna to show how good he is makes no sense, considering he's regularly scoring against teams like Liverpool and Juventus in the Champions League.

Numbers wise there's very little between the two players, but I do struggle to see how anyone who loves football can enjoy Ronaldo more than Messi as a player. One is a machine and one is an artist - end results are broadly similar but I know what I'd rather watch
Numbers wise Messi is better, it’s a British thing “he’s fast and strong” so he must be good. In my experience the boys I know correlate that with being good at football cause they know heehaw about football.

The Ronaldo fans boys are so angry aren’t they hahaha

Messi will go down as the greatest player of all time. Weird how angry that makes people.
As I said mate I don’t quite get it, I know numerous madrid fans who even suggest Messi is better. It’s a weird pretty boy thing, I don’t get it.

Ones the compete attacker who scores, dribbles, passes and dictates play, the others a poacher in the most one sided of the big leagues. You just can’t take anyone seriously who has the preening ladyboy ahead of him. Even Benzema’s playing better footballer than him this season now he’s free of his shackles. Juve are actually worse off for having to play for Ronaldo, before he arrived they were winning the Copa Italia too.

The Ronaldo fans boys are so angry aren’t they hahaha

Messi will go down as the greatest player of all time. Weird how angry that makes people.
Really don’t understand how this makes any sense, cases can be made for both. Look at the big game records between the 2 in recent years from champions league quarter finals to the final, Ronaldo destroys Messi’s stats in the big games at that level.

Ones the compete attacker who scores, dribbles, passes and dictates play, the others a poacher in the most one sided of the big leagues. You just can’t take anyone seriously who has the preening ladyboy ahead of him. Even Benzema’s playing better footballer than him this season now he’s free of his shackles. Juve are actually worse off for having to play for Ronaldo, before he arrived they were winning the Copa Italia too.
Juve are worse off due to sarris shocking tactics.

Really don’t understand how this makes any sense, cases can be made for both. Look at the big game records between the 2 in recent years from champions league quarter finals to the final, Ronaldo destroys Messi’s stats in the big games at that level.
Depends on your stats , regarding samples without figures I imagine without penalties they’re probably similar. I’m biased but, never liked CR, always found him a total fud.

Juve are worse off due to sarris shocking tactics.
Sarri has changed nothing, I’ve got a theory he’s getting a title by any means necessary (he’s won nothing in his career) before playing Sarri ball. Aside from that he will be sacked.

Gotta hand it to the guy, he performs everywhere he goes. Not many can say that. Messi has been stuck in the same place for so long, if he was to move on can he do what Ronaldo has done. I'm no fan boy for either but the proof is in the pudding
We’ll never know with messi because he shat it and was to feart to leave Barcelona.

We’ll never know with messi because he shat it and was to feart to leave Barcelona.
I’m sure he cares with his 3/4 champions leagues. His goal tally against English teams laughs off the “wan league man” argument. Why would he leave the best team of the last 20 years?.

As I said mate I don’t quite get it, I know numerous madrid fans who even suggest Messi is better. It’s a weird pretty boy thing, I don’t get it.

It’s just weird. Some might say homoerotic...

Tbf Ronaldo is a great player, could never deny that. Worked incredibly hard to get to where he is and has success in a few countries. Will go down as one of the top 10 players of all time. But you can’t compare the two, Messi creates more, is the better team player and the better finisher. Add to that the better dribbler and the ability to make goals from nothing.

I’m sure he cares with his 3/4 champions leagues. His goal tally against English teams laughs off the “wan league man” argument. Why would he leave the best team of the last 20 years?.
To prove to himself that he can handle other leagues.

Or he’s just loyal to Barca as he loves the club and isn’t a mercenary? Something to be applauded in the modern day.
I assume your older than me mate , so you may recall better. I don’t remember a queue of clubs of clubs offering to pay his treatment. Nothing to do with football but from a psychological perspective the fact he’s stayed with the same bird since he was 12. Demonstrates he forms strong attachments.

Has it gone unnoticed Lewandowski has 51 goals this season.

If that lad doesn’t break up FIFA love affair with Messi/Ronaldo nothing will.
He should do, the weird thing about him is every time I watch him he does fk all. Then scores a hatrick it’s bizarre.

If I’m winning every year at the team who paid for my treatment to become a player and are paying me well. What incentive is there to leave ?. “Prove yersel in England “ yet scores whenever he plays an English team.
No,prove yourself in other European leagues.
I actually can’t stand the premiership.

Imagine being loyal to one club over a career rather than a mercenary ‘wank’.

What a scumbag Messi is for that haha.
Winning all a league has to offer then moving on to a new challenge is not mercenary, that's ambition, drive, dedication to be the best everywhere he goes. Where has Messi been again, oh aye Barca, wee wank that he is.
What a silly comment.

Ronaldo, brilliant, fantastic player a privilege to have seen him, arguably in the top 10 of all time, maybe even rightfully the no 2 of all time, however anyone who has any knowledge of the game knows that Messi is streets ahead of anyone who has ever played. Its not even debatable.. A privilege to have been in the era of being able to watch both off them.

Neither can I, but he scores goals against every league. Suggest me a league and I will assume he’s scored a shit ton against them. Your argument still doesn’t suggest why he would leave 1. His club that supported him and let’s not forget paid for his treatment. 2.The best club of the last 20 years . 3. He has nothing to prove to anyone.

Do you think Ronaldo deserves extra credit for going to a one sided league to join a team that was already on 7 in a row and generally wrap the league up without breaking sweat, instead of staying in Spain and trying to improve on his abysmal title haul of 2 championships in 10 years?

Winning all a league has to offer then moving on to a new challenge is not mercenary, that's ambition, drive, dedication to be the best everywhere he goes. Where has Messi been again, oh aye Barca, wee wank that he is.
What a silly comment.

Drive and dedication probably leads you to being able to score 50+ goals a season for pretty much an entire decade.

The dedication and desire hes put into his career should be an example to any youngster who has any aspirations to make it as a footballer. He can be a bit of a bawbag but an absolute machine.

Back