Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Those at celtic that went on to have lucrative careers unmolested, count yourself fortunate ,the Nevins and Nicholas of this world with their flippant remarks are reminders that abuse was well known at the club. Brazil, a victim himself of Torbett robbed of representing the club he loved. Those who fell victim to the predators have had to endure a lifetime of torment. Unfortunately the survivors and their families still receive unimaginable abuse from the lowlife that follow that team.
I’ve heard stories that the abusers were warned from people within cfc to stay away from Nicholas.

Don't know if anyone spotted this in relation to the Dornan tweet. But this is chilling...

j7PJCz5.png

I honestly think this goes way deeper than we think and it's not only paedo f.c.involved . The whole behaviour of certain organisations be it Scottish football governance , Scottish Parliament , Police Scotland , and of course our wonderful mhedia by press and pundits showing a blatant unwillingness to get involved points to people in high places and influential positions being complicit........just a thought...?
Nothing surer - IMO ; What other reason(s) could there be ...?

I honestly think this goes way deeper than we think and it's not only paedo f.c.involved . The whole behaviour of certain organisations be it Scottish football governance , Scottish Parliament , Police Scotland , and of course our wonderful mhedia by press and pundits showing a blatant unwillingness to get involved points to people in high places and influential positions being complicit........just a thought...?

I’m convinced the links to the RC church and priests attending Parkpaed is the real power behind the cover ups

The RC church has the means and the track record of abusing children and covering it up for centuries

No way does their involvement with Savile and the Kilsyth priest, Fr Michael Spencer and all the free tickets for priests for decades end there

Tie that in with the judges and lenient sentencing, botched murder inquiry in Lawrence Haggart investigation, the 14 names Gerry McSherry handed to Strathclyde Police nearly 20 years ago, the Kearney NJ airport pact to let Cairney “resign” and the desperate SMSM who refuse to highlight the abuse (Marc Horne and The Times excluded)

This cover up would require far deeper influence and it’s a scandal that if properly investigated would shut Nonce FC down if the full extent of the abuse and cover ups were unveiled

I keep thinking about that picture with Saville, BJK, and the priest. Three major institutions are represented there, the BBC, Celtic, and the RC Church. All organizations where pedophilia went on unchecked for years. It really wouldn’t surprise me if there is a link there somehow.

I’m convinced the links to the RC church and priests attending Parkpaed is the real power behind the cover ups

The RC church has the means and the track record of abusing children and covering it up for centuries

No way does their involvement with Savile and the Kilsyth priest, Fr Michael Spencer and all the free tickets for priests for decades end there

Tie that in with the judges and lenient sentencing, botched murder inquiry in Lawrence Haggart investigation, the 14 names Gerry McSherry handed to Strathclyde Police nearly 20 years ago, the Kearney NJ airport pact to let Cairney “resign” and the desperate SMSM who refuse to highlight the abuse (Marc Horne and The Times excluded)

This cover up would require far deeper influence and it’s a scandal that if properly investigated would shut Nonce FC down if the full extent of the abuse and cover ups were unveiled
was there not a stooshie when fergus mc told the preists their would be no free entry into the cesspit

This scandal is at least on a par with Penn state, Epstein, spotlight and athlete A.

It should be a bigger scandal than the above due to the the sheer scale of it with the length of time being around 50 years with multiple abusers. The cover up for so long including Celtic, politicians, journalists and maybe even the police is such a massive story. Scotland being a small nation might make the story not as big as it otherwise may be but if this had happened in the US it would be bigger than those other stories.

The fact that the great work done by the team on this thread has had to go outside our boarders to get journalists to take up the story says it all about how deep the cover up goes on to this day, decades after it began.

Thanks to the team on here who never gave up the fight for the victims after all the brick walls and intimidation they faced from the start they always kept fighting the good fight, cap doffed to them.

#JusticeIsComing

This scandal is at least on a par with Penn state, Epstein, spotlight and athlete A.

It should be a bigger scandal than the above due to the the sheer scale of it with the length of time being around 50 years with multiple abusers. The cover up for so long including Celtic, politicians, journalists and maybe even the police is such a massive story. Scotland being a small nation might make the story not as big as it otherwise may be but if this had happened in the US it would be bigger than those other stories.

The fact that the great work done by the team on this thread has had to go outside our boarders to get journalists to take up the story says it all about how deep the cover up goes on to this day, decades after it began.

Thanks to the team on here who never gave up the fight for the victims after all the brick walls and intimidation they faced from the start they always kept fighting the good fight, cap doffed to them.

#JusticeIsComing
For me it shows the power of the media in modern times and the influence they can have on things. They can either break or bury a story by the simple choice of whether or not they report it, and very often that decision lies in one person’s hands. There is something deeply sinister to me that we have heard so little from any of them on this. Had these allegations been made in any other sector in society the media would be all over it. Can you imagine the scenario had this happened over a 50 year period at private school for example? They would whip up the public into a frenzy, and rightly so.

There is something very dark going on here and hopefully we will find out the reason why at some point, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

I have just listened to the piece on Radio Shortbread's John Beattie show. I've read (on here) posters & Michelle Gray's disgust at Pat Nevin laughing during his interview. I've also seen it said by some members that it appeared that Nevin was nervous, hence the laugh. Having listened to the (edited) interview, he obviously laughs/sniggers 3 times.

As a person with numerous years experience in the realms of public broadcasting, how nervous would he actually have been - unless it was the very substance of the interview that made him nervous.

Also, for him to try & abdicate the blame onto parents? Trying a wee bit too hard once the cat was out the bag methinks.

I have just listened to the piece on Radio Shortbread's John Beattie show. I've read (on here) posters & Michelle Gray's disgust at Pat Nevin laughing during his interview. I've also seen it said by some members that it appeared that Nevin was nervous, hence the laugh. Having listened to the (edited) interview, he obviously laughs/sniggers 3 times.

As a person with numerous years experience in the realms of public broadcasting, how nervous would he actually have been - unless it was the very substance of the interview that made him nervous.

Also, for him to try & abdicate the blame onto parents? Trying a wee bit too hard once the cat was out the bag methinks.
I read and hear about all these people and their knowledge of the cover up of the assaults and like Nevin trivialising them etc., but I wonder what their own children think about it ? Ones that are a similar age to the assaulted boys, I mean there's been exposure about it so they must also know about it surely they can't also think it's ok. and that their parents shouldn't have done something.

I read and hear about all these people and their knowledge of the cover up of the assaults and like Nevin trivialising them etc., but I wonder what their own children think about it ? Ones that are a similar age to the assaulted boys, I mean there's been exposure about it so they must also know about it surely they can't also think it's ok. and that their parents shouldn't have done something.
I think it's like all the rest of them - heads in the sand. Disgusting just doesn't cover it!

Has anybody taken him to task on twitter?

‘It appears there are imminent charges being made by Police Scotland against 3 ex Celtic Boys Club officials. For this reason I will refrain from using specific names in my tweets so as not to prejudice any forthcoming legalities. Can I respectfully ask everyone to do the same.‘
People need to be very careful what they print and show from now on their Lawyers will be all over anything that gives them any wriggle room for an unfair trial everybody knows who they all are

One thing I don't understand about the law (and there may be a reason) is why these people can't be named as it would prejudice the case... but the wolf hunters (as per the thread in The Lounge) can put a person's name, face, home and family on Facebook within minutes before any real proof or evidence is known and any arrest has been made.

One thing I don't understand about the law (and there may be a reason) is why these people can't be named as it would prejudice the case... but the wolf hunters (as per the thread in The Lounge) can put a person's name, face, home and family on Facebook within minutes before any real proof or evidence is known and any arrest has been made.

The Wolfpack mob couldn’t do it when criminal proceedings have started.

He also knew they were being abused but as long as it didn't happen to his son he didn't think it worth reporting.

As did Pat Nevins dad. See the pattern, many knew but no one was prepared to speak up. Pat Nevin, needs to consider the lives ruined that his Dad could have saved from abuse.

I have always sought to safeguard my own boys. But I could never stand back and knowingly allow it to happen to someone else’s. I could not live with myself if I was suspicious and did not act.

How can Pat indicate it was failure of parents? Did his father ever speak to other parents? If not why not.

Pat the silence of your father is silence of an enabler.

Back