House of Fraser (Fat Mike Ashley) now taking Pre-Orders for Castore Kits - Do not buy from there

i think with everything to do with SDI you have to realise the NDA and public gagging they have imposed on us in the past. they previously banned the club and directors from in any way shape or form speaking out or hinting to the support not to buy from SDI. you also have to remember that SDI held all the cards, a never ending matching clause. who's to say after we signed the Castore deal and SDI didn't match it, that up until a certain point they could actually activate it? any public outcry could have damaged the deal we were about to start.

I always think of it from the board's point of view, people make out as if they are pulling the wool over our eyes. we all pay £600 for our season ticket and £60 for our shirts, but these guys are putting in eye watering amounts of money that was probably meant to be their kid's inheritance money. they would have thought carefully about what information could be communicated publicly, i also think the delay it took to get a statement out the other day signals that they have to tread very carefully about what they say publicly - it made no mention of SDI directly - who's to say there are ongoing negotiations to settle the current court cases easier than court would be?
As far as not communicating with fans until forced to, then what you say may well be true but is from a best case scenario.
You cannot say you are free from SD...completely free with no shackles, then it's possible you are tied into a NDA or you still have the threat of them matching the deal until 31st July which is a nightmare scenario! None of that is beyond SD, nothing is beyond them.
Being a millionaire spending your kids inheritance doesn't mean you get things right.
There is more to be said on this matter, what is the exclusivity part of the deal?

What products are they selling?
How long is their deal to exclusivity?
How much are they paying Rangers or Castore for this exclusivity?
Is part of them not matching is they receive they receive exclusivity elements for free and for the length of the Castore deal? Which I imagine it is
At the end of the Castore deal can they still gain certain rights with our next partner or Castore renewal?

Listen we need to buy, the money is going to Rangers I get it and I love it but sometimes the fans media who get access to the board, executives and sponsors should ruffle a few feathers than tow the party line.
1st August will be big for laying it bare and I'm sure it will be nothing but nobody is above reproach and as I say there are still elements we need to know

But that is the only place you can pre-order at the minute.

Not even Rangers or Castore are offering that at the minute which does piss me off.
What's the chances of him taking the money for the pre orders then saying that they can't supply them on the 1st but will send them when they have them in stock?

A5AEStC.gif

Anybody got a link? desperate to get the weans a mini kit!

Nobody on here knows the deal Ashley/SD has with Rangers / Castore IT MAY SURPRISE SOME what deal SD has with Rangers!!
The club, and Castore, have clearly stated there is no "deal"

They are able to order stock the same as any other retailer and cannot sell it before 1st August.

That they have done a pre order under the guise of exclusivity is not a contractual right the same option is open to any other retailer if they choose.

if anyone on here suggests that Castore are dealing with SD and that the club won't be privvy/have agreed to any agreements then they really need to rethink the whole situation.

i'm pretty sure the club will have been heavily involved in discussions and/or gentlemens agreement, after all it's very much in Rangers interests as its cost us a lot of money in loss of revenue and court cases.

if it's a necessary evil then so be it, would you rather we were in a SDI headlock or that we simply had to allow them to stock the kit?

the only remaining issue is that at the moment Castore are not taking pre-orders whilst pre-orders are available on House of Fraser and SDI (i think?). was this part of the agreement to allow them this 1 month window? it doesn't look like Castore will activating the online web store for pre-orders until the 1st of August?

as i say, it's a necessary evil. if you are Douglas Park and you are given the option of A) being stuck with Ashley, making %^*& all money each year, supporter sentiment being rock bottom and probably some template kit with Ashley's preferred suppliers or B) getting paid a minimum of £3m a year, complete control over kit partner and joining up with a up and coming brand - it's a no brainer

That is how it looks to me also as otherwise I would have expected Castore to keep preoders open but with no guarantee of 01/08 delivery after the initial run.

As you say, if it is necessary evil then so be it. One to ask at the AGM perhaps which supersedes any NDA.

I being stupid here. Why do we not sell everything through ourself, club shop, online etc and take out the need for sports direct or any other shop?

A concern I have is that in the Tom Beahon interview on 4 lads, he says " What Sports Direct looked for in order not to exercise their legal right to match was an ability to sell a limited number of Rangers product "

Will this happen every year? We've heard that Sports Direct have this clause in perpetuity but also heard that if they refuse to match one year we're free of them.

Missed this thread, I've just seen a twitter thread with mentally challengeds getting all excited about this. I did think to myself are they really that thick that they don't understand the situation, but then I realised I already know the answer to that.

Best ignored.

I being stupid here. Why do we not sell everything through ourself, club shop, online etc and take out the need for sports direct or any other shop?
From wikipedia: "Frasers Group plc, formerly Sports Direct International plc, is a British retailing group. Established in 1982 by Mike Ashley, the company is the United Kingdom's largest sports-goods retailer and operates roughly 670 stores worldwide."

670 stores worldwide. Think about that for a second. It's fine for most of us Rangers fans buying direct from Castore etc, but think of the potential sales from non rangers fans around the world who just want to buy some nice football tops? Do you want other teams to be getting money just because our stuff isn't beside them on the shelves?

Edit: and this is the first ever Castore football strip. Which may generate interest and sales in itself.

Last edited:
From wikipedia: "Frasers Group plc, formerly Sports Direct International plc, is a British retailing group. Established in 1982 by Mike Ashley, the company is the United Kingdom's largest sports-goods retailer and operates roughly 670 stores worldwide."

670 stores worldwide. Think about that for a second. It's fine for most of us Rangers fans buying direct from Castore etc, but think of the potential sales from non Rangers fans around the world who just want to buy some nice football tops? Do you want other teams to be getting money just because our stuff isn't beside them on the shelves?

Edit: and this is the first ever Castore football strip. Which may generate interest and sales in itself.
How many 1000s of SD stores are there around the world, when he had our deal at no point we're Rangers kits available. He has a flagship store on Oxford Street, London but didn't have Rangers kits same in Bristol. I've seen SD shops in Malaysia and there was no Rangers presence.
At no point we're Rangers ever a presence ANYWHERE outside Scotland. Folk shopping in Kent/Plymouth/Birmingham aren't going to suddenly stumble across a Rangers/Castore section in their HoF store

How many 1000s of SD stores are there around the world, when he had our deal at no point we're Rangers kits available. He has a flagship store on Oxford Street, London but didn't have Rangers kits same in Bristol. I've seen SD shops in Malaysia and there was no Rangers presence.
At no point we're Rangers ever a presence ANYWHERE outside Scotland. Folk shopping in Kent/Plymouth/Birmingham aren't going to suddenly stumble across a Rangers/Castore section in their HoF store
I already quoted wiki saying there were 670 stores worldwide. Not thousands.

The fact is SD has the high street profile and network to reach far more customers than Rangers and Castore ever could and that is undisputable. That's all I said. Just because it hasn't been in the stores you've been in, in the past, doesn't mean they didn't at one point or won't do in the future.

I'm just answering a posters question as to why a business like castore would partner up with a huge chain like Frasers/SD. And I gave the commercial answer. ie it's a no brainer. The fact that we don't like it and it makes us a bit nervous means squat. It''s just business and it's reality. I believe Castore have said they want jersey sales alone to reach 500,000. In the past there was never enough supply to ship to many SD stores. This year that looks to have changed. We will see.

Look, I've already said that for us, the fans, there are still questions that need to be answered about the whole thing and we need a bit more clarity and reassurance, but due to confidentiality we might never get it. And just being obtuse about the whole thing isn't going to get us anywhere.

The rolling contract and matching terms became history the minute we signed that deal with Castore. The war is over. Whatever deal SD have is with them now, not us. I share your trepidation given whats gone on in the past, but I think unless we hear otherwise, we just need to move forward now and trust in our retail partner, albeit cautiously. This is a new beginning. Comparing it with anything in the recent past is only likely to produce false negatives.

Many saying this does not affect us. How can not being able to buy our own strip from our own club not affect us? Absolutely embarrassing situation to be in, and the fingers in ears mob saying its all fine??

As others have said, if the price of getting rid of the prick is that he buys some kit and has it rotting in a warehouse a few weeks early, while our fans buy from Rangers directly, then it's hardly the end of the world.

It's quite simple.
Your every day Rangers fan will buy direct from the club website or from the new store at Ibrox as they refuse to give their money to anyone else.
Those who live furher afield and don't live and breathe Rangers will buy from anywhere they can.
We can't stop that, however, we as fans, The Club, and Castore, can promote and market the brand and the product in a way that encourages buying direct.

If it was part of a short term deal to get rid of the fat mess, then it’s completely worth it.

Nobody with a brain will buy from them anyway.
But theres a few of them who seem oblivious to whats been happening with the fat slug over the last few years.

The reality is most fans just don’t care about the legal situation with Ashley, SD etc - they simply want the new Rangers kit. Usually for their kids. It’s easy to overestimate the number of people who understand the ins and out on a forum - the average fan on the street doesn’t know or really care.

Many saying this does not affect us. How can not being able to buy our own strip from our own club not affect us? Absolutely embarrassing situation to be in, and the fingers in ears mob saying its all fine??
You'll be able to buy our own strip direct from Rangers on 1 Aug.

What's the problem?

Time to ban the sun

RANGERS fans desperate to pre-order their team's new home kit can currently only do so through Mike Ashley's House of Fraser.

Time to ban the sun

Rangers fans desperate to pre-order their team's new home kit can currently only do so through Mike Ashley's House of Fraser.

Rangers fans desperate to pre-order their team's new home kit should have done so on Wednesday or Thursday of last week.

What's the problem?
Unbelievable forum for complaints about everything and anything.

Rangers are now making money from the kit. Nobody is making anyone go to sd or the barras for that matter.

I'm still trying to see a problem. As for August the 1st, its sounding line weans wanting to open their xmas presents.

Is there not a chance that production of football kits are delayed. Had a look at Chelsea's website and they dont have the new kit up for sale yet.

However, a Rangers spokesperson has told SunSport that Castore will make more shirts available this week after the initial 50,000 units were incredibly snapped up in less than two days.

They said: "The first batch of 50,000 home shirts that were made available via Castore.com, the entire batch were pre-ordered in just over 24 hours.

"This is a phenomenal response from the Rangers support across the globe.

"Rangers supporters should expect a further range of pre-order products becoming available in the coming days on Castore.com.

"House of Fraser are one of several third party retailers who will stock a limited number of Rangers products on a wholesale basis.

"We expect to announce further sports retailers across the globe who will stock Rangers merchandise.

"The partnership with Castore ensures that every product will benefit Rangers through royalties, regardless of the outlet.

"We look forward to opening the new Rangers x Castore Retail Store at Ibrox on 1st August, as well as announcing further retail sites across the United Kingdom very soon."

Other than it being Ashley, who the %^*& is going into house of frasers to buy a football kit? He has no concept of marketing.

ROFL...right mate, that’s why there are 6 pages on this thread on FF, he caused a stall in sales on day 1, and he forced Rangers & Castore to make a clarifying statement. NO concept of marketing right enough!!!

What's the problem?
The problem is, he's currently filling the demand for pre-orders.

Every piece of kit sold by him, maintains the notion that there is still a link between Rangers FC and SportsDirect - a link we've been trying to break for years.

The current situation perpetrates the myth that the link still exists - particularly for the average person on the street that doesn't read up on these things.

The problem is, he's currently filling the demand for pre-orders.

Every piece of kit sold by him, maintains the notion that there is still a link between Rangers FC and SportsDirect - a link we've been trying to break for years.

The current situation perpetrates the myth that the link still exists - particularly for the average person on the street that doesn't read up on these things.
If punters can't just avoid pre ordering and buy the kit from another source than Ashley on 1 Aug then all hope for humanity is lost

If anyone is at fault its these punters, not Rangers or Castore

Last edited:
As much as I dislike Ashley and his shops, when they sell a strip Rangers will get a %. The same % as they will get if any other shop sells it.
why should that fat prick make anything from our support after years of him robbing us blind ? other retailers will provide us

HoF are only going down to age 7-8. Pretty sure Castore were doing the same on Wednesday/Thursday were they not?

No, they're showing mini kits available for pre-order.

That's a failing on Castores / The Club's part from our presale (and I've defended the whole SD thing from our point of view in the last week or so)

That's a failing on Castores / The Club's part from our presale (and I've defended the whole SD thing from our point of view in the last week or so)

I’m certain that wasn’t there when I looked earlier. Honest! ;) I saw the placeholder crests, but only for the goalkeeper kit.

I’m certain that wasn’t there when I looked earlier. Honest! ;) I saw the placeholder crests, but only for the goalkeeper kit.

Was definitely there the other day too. I saw someone screengrab it on twitter.

I think, if you go in to the Rangers kit link from google, it's only the adult strip that shows up. I searched for mini kits and then all the links appeared.

Regardless, it's a poor show you couldn't pre order these in the Castore launch on Wednesday if SD / Frasers are doing it.

If Castore don't have them ready, they've failed to realise the market call for them among the support. Think of every kit that's 4 - 7 years old who has missed out just now.

If Frasers are selling them, they'll get people buying them there when you can't order them from Rangers in the meantime. (it won't be me but there's people who will and I understand it to be honest)

I get Castore having a limited launch of 50k to say they sold them out in 36 hours. The mini kits should have been part of that though.

Isn't he undercutting them as well?

I'm sure the Adult LS home top was £70.

HoF are only going down to age 7-8. Pretty sure Castore were doing the same on Wednesday/Thursday were they not?
The way HoF are advertising the sizing is different, I'm sure. There was nothing for 8 years and below on Castore the other day - so I've only ordered for my older son. I've a feeling the sizes are HoF are selling are exactly the same as Castore, but are marketing them by age, rather than by size. So it wouldn't surprise me if there are loads of returns in August.

What situation is "beyond belief"? That the UK's biggest sports retailer has bought some football kits to sell?
Since when was House of Fraser UKs biggest sports retailer? No, that right now you can pre order from HoF for less than what was offered by the manufacturer. Well, when you could order it.

He obviously knows the SD's brand is toxic with our supporters so is now trying House of Fraser in the hope that people won't associate them with Ashley so the more Rangers supporters and their families and contacts that just boycott the House of Fraser totally will make any oddball sales of Rangers tops insignificant.

Folk need to calm down. Any shop can list our strip for pre-order. It doesn't mean they have any or that they'll get it to you quicker than Castore/Rangers would. All they are doing is taking your money.
Personally if anyone is that desperate i'd wait until Castore are selling again. Chances are you'll still get it quicker than if being sold through pre-order elsewhere.

Since when was House of Fraser UKs biggest sports retailer? No, that right now you can pre order from HoF for less than what was offered by the manufacturer. Well, when you could order it.

I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that the UK's biggest sports retailer owns House of Fraser. Once they've paid Castore for the order they can market and sell it however they want. Again, I'm sure you know that as well.

Back