Fixtures Announced Today

The computer isn’t ‘random’.

If it was what do you think the odds on there being an OF game on the last fixture before New Year every year would be?

Feel like this has to be mentioned every year - there is a computer algorithm involved in deciding fixtures but there are certain things that are ‘set’ and incorporated into that like the fixture rotations and the OF dates.
They should be transparent about the 'things'...

In fact the draw should be 'live' for all to see !

Not be long now before we get to see how skewed they have f.u cked the fixtures.

No doubts a pre or post Christmas jaunt to the extremes of the country

It’s an ancient article at this point but they do talk about some of the variables here:

Home/away sequencing, seedings, specific dates for derbies etc. Would assume given the structure of the league hasn’t changed a lot of that if not all of it remains relevant.

The computer isn’t ‘random’.

If it was what do you think the odds on there being an OF game on the last fixture before New Year every year would be?

Feel like this has to be mentioned every year - there is a computer algorithm involved in deciding fixtures but there are certain things that are ‘set’ and incorporated into that like the fixture rotations and the OF dates.
I know it isnt completely random, but it's obviously set not to have an OF game as the first of the season as well. Dont understand why. The new year game is set deliberately but wonder what the reason for not wanting an OF game on the first day is

I know it isnt completely random, but it's obviously set not to have an OF game as the first of the season as well. Dont understand why. The new year game is set deliberately but wonder what the reason for not wanting an OF game on the first day is

Yeah not sure either mate. Given it’s one of the very few marquee fixtures in this league I guess they want to play them a bit into the season when there’s a bit more at stake than there is on opening day maybe.

Either that are the cops consider an opening day game higher risk for whatever reason.

Iain Blair on the radio a week or two ago was actually relatively open about some of this. Made it clear that they never go for an Old Firm opener, have pencilled in January 2nd or thereabouts as the Ibrox Old Firm game to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Ibrox disaster, that there were really only 3 potential dates for the first Old Firm game etc.

I worry far more about the referee allocations than the game scheduling......

I would be surprised if the OF game is not the last game in the first round of fixtures.

Hopefully we get some of the tougher away games early behind closed doors

Celtic at the piggery will be the last game of our first group of games to give them the best chance of having fans in the ground.
What Treacle teeth asks for he gets.

This thread is nuts, I think just about every team has been mentioned as to who we will face first, all from texts or whatsapp rumours :D

Complete guess but I’ll go for Scumdee Utd away first.

This thread is nuts, I think just about every team has been mentioned as to who we will face first, all from texts or whatsapp rumours :D

Complete guess but I’ll go for Scumdee Utd away first.
I'll go for Falkirk at home

Thought they might be smart and avoid scheduling Hibs and Dundee Utd at home on the same day so that in the event Dundee Utd’s promotion is overturned it wouldn’t completely derail the fixtures but here we are.

Guaranteed Celtic get away games like Killie etc during the fans shutout and we have easier ones like St Johnstone etc.

Back