Fixtures Announced Today

The last four seasons the SPFL have set the dates for the first Old Firm for September.
Shock and horror to find the first one this season 17th October. How much do we bet that the league will be looking to open stadiums back up to fans at the start of October?.

20/21 = 17th October
19/20 = 1st September
18/19 = 1st September
17/18 = 23rd September
16/17 = 10th September

But why wouldn't they? It's literally the only game in our shitty wee league that generates any interest outside of Scotland. Of course they'd want a chance of having at least a bit of atmosphere. I don't see the problem with it.

I called this earlier.
Stop this it was the computer nonsense.
Blatant cheating.
Gerrard took the line the other week that we will play the game at anytime but had the first game been at Ibrox it would have been around the 3rd fixture as usual.
Tainted cheating scum.

Would have more respect for them if the came out and explained Sky requested the old firm game later.
Right but back to business, who‘s got the calendar yet for your phone :D

mentally challengeds last game in the cycle. What an effin joke. Are we supposed to believe that was randomly picked? Theyre really trolling us now.

OF game should be kicking off the season!

The last four seasons the SPFL have set the dates for the first Old Firm for September.
Shock and horror to find the first one this season 17th October. How much do we bet that the league will be looking to open stadiums back up to fans at the start of October?.

20/21 = 17th October
19/20 = 1st September
18/19 = 1st September
17/18 = 23rd September
16/17 = 10th September

Nope like every other country in the world we will have a spike in Covid due to lockdown ending. Don't think we will have fans in stadiums this season.

Wonder if the sheep will need to offload a few players if they’re having money troubles. As you say it’s a opportunity to put down a marker.
I made the point a few weeks ago that if things continue financially for these teams we could see a record points total for us and Celtic. I hope Aberdeen are screwed in the next 4 weeks but I think they'll be alright

Regarding the first OF fixture - the fixtures are generated by computer as far as possible, then OF games are generally decided after discussions with the police. Making the first OF the last of the first round of fixtures when there's a chance of a crowd being in attendance makes sense, rather than making it August/September when there's no chance of a crowd and both sets of fans filling pubs all over the place and the potential for trouble.

Into qualifiers a few weeks later

17 September: Second qualifying round
24 September: Third qualifying round
1 October: Play-offs
22 October: Group stage, Matchday 1
29 October: Group stage, Matchday 2
05 November: Group stage, Matchday 3
26 November: Group stage, Matchday 4
03 December: Group stage, Matchday 5
10 December: Group stage, Matchday 6
Cheers Ross county will be off then and others moved if we get that far

I called a few key points on this on a post a few weeks back to show how random this Canadian fixture computer was

• We’d be away to a difficult side opening day
• First OF would be delayed as per Lawells request ( no refunding fans)
• mentally challengeds would be away the game before Remembrance Day
• mentally challengeds would be at home the game before Xmas and we’d be away (money in club shops)

It’s very predictable now. Fingers crossed Hearts and Partick get back to court after arbitration for these documents to be released and a shake up to occur.

We played them first in mid October in the 07/08 season.

Obvious why its happened this time though
I can see the sense in it but not when Lennon make his feelings known about it and low and behold they are met.

Agreed.
Can’t see the complaints here, playing them in an empty Pittodrie is an advantage for us.

yes I agree we might even get a fair deal from the ref

the other thing is we can play the game with our heads and not get dragged down to their level in a kicking match

Happy with that. Gets a "tough" away ground out the way without their lambs in the stands. Chance of a good start with those fixtures.

What’s the reasoning behind having full league programmes on a couple of Friday nights, one of which is Nov 6th when Thursday 5th is a Europa League group stage night.

Group stage
22/10/2020 Matchday 1
29/10/2020 Matchday 2
05/11/2020 Matchday 3
26/11/2020 Matchday 4
03/12/2020 Matchday 5
10/12/2020 Matchday 6

Quite clearly Sky/Police Scotland will have had a say in the timing of the first OF game - of course they want the best spectacle possible, and that includes ones with fans. I'm not sure it's the conspiracy we all want it to be.

Alas, fixture day bring the usual grievances on both sides. At the end of the day, we have to play every team both Home and Away twice - whether we do that at the start, middle or end of the season is academic surely? If we're going to win the title, starting against Aberdeen at Pittodrie shouldn't be anything worth greetin over.

Aberdeen away first game again & as Celtc are at home for the first game against us it's pushed back well into October? - anyone that thinks these fixtures are randomly generated is off their rocker.

Celtic not away against a top six side until October?

No one likes us, we don't care.

This should be getting is fired up to come out all guns blazing here.

The SPFL's bias to the unwashed continues to be displayed publically, they don't give a %^*&.

The best thing we can do is win the fucking league to shut those cunts up.

No surrender.

They need to play the exact same teams the exact same times.
Couldn’t give a %^*& if there’s 10k plastics in there ground it’ll still be a shite atmosphere that will suit us.

Regarding the first OF fixture - the fixtures are generated by computer as far as possible, then OF games are generally decided after discussions with the police. Making the first OF the last of the first round of fixtures when there's a chance of a crowd being in attendance makes sense, rather than making it August/September when there's no chance of a crowd and both sets of fans filling pubs all over the place and the potential for trouble.

If so why don't they say that instead of hiding behind the bullshit thgey need to go to a Canadian computer to spew this shite out.

Had this been last year zero consideration would have been given to your point.

I reckon the police will have had a massive say in the old firm game. Imagine how busy the pubs will be if no fans there.

yes I agree we might even get a fair deal from the ref

the other thing is we can play the game with our heads and not get dragged down to their level in a kicking match
I will wager Pittodrie will be the first time we see Clancy, they kept him well away from us after his December fiasco. Having Clancy at an empty Ibrox will also be on their do list stops him getting the deserved abuse coming his way deservedly so.

We’ve all got to play the same number of games/teams home and away.
But it’s certainly been fixed to allow some of their fans (we might get a handful, but probably come up with a reason for being none) to be at the first game.
10 other games before we play them, then 4 till the next. Mmm.

If so why don't they say that instead of hiding behind the bullshit thgey need to go to a Canadian computer to spew this shite out.

Had this been last year zero consideration would have been given to your point.

Because it's common sense (and I thought common knowledge, but reading the hysterics in here obviously not). They're not going to come out and say we take police advice for the biggest fixture as we cant trust anyone to behave themselves.

It would've been the same if the first OF was at Ibrox. No conspiracy here I'm afraid.

Usual nonsense about “cabals” and agendas getting spouted immediately I see.

The reality is that the team that wins the league gets the first home game and the league/Sky will have wanted a big game to kick off the season hence why we are playing Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

There won’t be any supporters at that game so I don’t know how that fits in to the anti-Rangers conspiracy theories.

Also, regarding the Old Firm game. It’s the showcase fixture and it was inevitable it was going to get moved back to allow the opportunity for supporters to be there. It would be the same had it been at Ibrox and anyway, our manager and players have both said they wanted supporters at that game.

Our run of fixtures after the Aberdeen game is actually pretty generous and we are looking at a kinder run in December this year too.

All in all it isn’t even that bad, I just can’t be arsed playing Aberdeen away to kick off the season as I feel like we’ve played them a million times in the past couple of years but it is what it is.

What’s the reasoning behind having full league programmes on a couple of Friday nights, one of which is Nov 6th when Thursday 5th is a Europa League group stage night.

Group stage
22/10/2020 Matchday 1
29/10/2020 Matchday 2
05/11/2020 Matchday 3
26/11/2020 Matchday 4
03/12/2020 Matchday 5
10/12/2020 Matchday 6

Scotland Euro games

Back