Fixtures Announced Today

Let’s hope this back fires massively moving the first old firm game and we start on fire and go into it points clear of them.

As much as I think the spfl office bearers are scum and dance to celtics tune, it was always going to be the last game to increase chances of fans in. Sky will be dictating that.
Sky don't give a flying f.uck they have been showing EPL games which costs them billions with no punters....its about viewers for them they are a broadcaster and that's it....

Folk really need to grow up. Some of the complaints and moaning are utterly cringey.
Aberdeen away first behind closed doors is excellent for us. The scum game probably with a crowd is one of the few top games the SPFL have. A hard January? We will play the same teams as the scum.
Fixture dates will have no bearing on who wins the title.
We just need belief, courage and commitment.
Let's go.

Sheep, Hibs, Livingston, Hamilton and Motherwell I think were the only ones we could've got first game.
We could have got literally any side at all in the league and been guaranteed an away fixture. All the teams that are away could easily have been at home. The scum at home and us away are the only certainties because they won the title and we cannot play on the same day in Glasgow.

Shamelessly rigged, sums up Scottish football. When is the first game against them ever the last in the round of fixtures.

Against that, we have our toughest set of away games early on when there is unlikely to be any supporters.

January a tough run of games.

The Ross County home game in October being scheduled for the day after a potential Europa League playoff is a concern with it no doubt being rescheduled. Bit weird the whole round of fixtures are scheduled for the Friday that week, I assume to do with internationals?

Lots of folk sarcastically talking about 'randomness'. Has it ever been stated that the fixture list is supposed to be random? The guy Blair on the radio last week gave a good explanation as to how it never has been, never will be and the variables that have to go into it. For example, he talked about how important is was that our first Ibrox match against them would be as close to the 2nd January as possible.

I’m not overly bothered, an empty Pittodrie should be a stroll.

More concerned that this is the first of many decisions that will go in Celtic’s favour to ensure they get the league.

Lots of folk sarcastically talking about 'randomness'. Has it ever been stated that the fixture list is supposed to be random? The guy Blair on the radio last week gave a good explanation as to how it never has been, never will be and the variables that have to go into it. For example, he talked about how important is was that our first Ibrox match against them would be as close to the 2nd January as possible.

The placing of the first OF game is directly because of their Pressure, it’s been the first weekend in Sept last few seasons, and this would not have happened if we were at home first

We know the SPFL is corrupted in their favour so why would the fixtures not be also?

I've argued a few times on here that sky don't get to pick our fixtures against them, maybe I need to stop that argument.

Or maybe it was police and "common sense".

Bring on the new season.

The SPFL bending over backwards to accommodate greeting Neil and Peter's wishes so that they can have fans in for that first Old Firm - also predicted by many on here when the story came out weeks

I doubt it that there will be any fans in the ground for the OF going on what sturgeon said last week re no crowds back till at least October

We could have got literally any side at all in the league and been guaranteed an away fixture. All the teams that are away could easily have been at home. The scum at home and us away are the only certainties because they won the title and we cannot play on the same day in Glasgow.

Only if they changed the way they've decided the fixtures since the SPL started.

All the teams you played at home first the previous season, you play away first the next.

I’m happy we are getting a tough game out the way with none of the vile hatred our fans and players endure at Pittodrie. I’m no happy about the first match v Scum being moved from the usual Aug/sept at their request. They are spoilt weans, they only have to ask and they get what they like.

This is incorrect.

The fixture rotation in homes v aways which results in the OF games rotating every year in terms of who is at home first is also applied across the rest of the league.

If we are an away game first there is a finite number of teams we could have gotten as it would need to have been one of the teams we last played at home last season (based on the original fixtures even if they didn’t ultimately get played).

At the moment I’m struggling to get excited about the new season, I feel actually sick of all the corruption that’s been going on and still is, and the mentally challengeds getting their way again for October game for fans just about trolls us.

What’s the reasoning behind having full league programmes on a couple of Friday nights, one of which is Nov 6th when Thursday 5th is a Europa League group stage night.

Group stage
22/10/2020 Matchday 1
29/10/2020 Matchday 2
05/11/2020 Matchday 3
26/11/2020 Matchday 4
03/12/2020 Matchday 5
10/12/2020 Matchday 6

At this moment no Scottish sides have qualified. They will just reschedule for the Sunday if there are Europa games on the Thursday.

I don’t mind the game being ‘randomly’ drawn for October. It means we get to pump them in their own midden in front of their repulsive fans. Bring it on!!!

This is incorrect.

The fixture rotation in homes v aways which results in the OF games rotating every year in terms of who is at home first is also applied across the rest of the league.

If we are an away game first there is a finite number of teams we could have gotten as it would need to have been one of the teams we last played at home last season (based on the original fixtures even if they didn’t ultimately get played).

It is not a league law or rule though, meaning it can be changed.

The placing of the first OF game is directly because of their Pressure, it’s been the first weekend in Sept last few seasons, and this would not have happened if we were at home first

We know the SPFL is corrupted in their favour so why would the fixtures not be also?

No, if we were at home first here's what would've happened.

The fixture would've been scheduled for the same date for the same reason - it's the flagship fixture in Scottish football and most people can see its sensible to at least give it a chance of having a crowd. The police and Sky would also rather there were crowds at it.

Then, when it comes around and there's still no crowds allowed (still highly likely) this place would've gone mental and demanded that it gets postponed and there would be claims Lawwell was running the Scottish Government.

Then, when the game went ahead with no fans, the next thing on FF would be demanding that the same applies to the next game at the piggery even if fans are allowed in (maybe they'll be saying the same about 2nd Jan at Ibrox, and we'll laugh at them). And of course if fans were allowed in by their home game there would be claims Lawell was running the Scottish Government and Rangers and Stewart Robertson would get slated for no dain sumthin or sayin hings, make a Statement etc etc etc. We've already got a thread up wanting Rangers to DAE STUFF

Aberdeen away is a tough start but win that and then we have what looks like a decent run of games. Be great to put a marker down before the delayed first Old Firm game of the season. Always going to have tough spells of games, January looks like one of these but we need to get through these if we want to win the league.

You've got to remember how much of a cornerstone these games are to the broadcasting rights - Sky will be as eager as the soap dodgers to have a crowd in for that first match. They don't show these games for the quality of the football on show.

Doesn't fit in with the conspiracy theory though, so apologies for that.

It is not a league law or rule though, meaning it can be changed.

Well by that logic we could play 4 Old Firm games back to back at the start of the season, isn’t going to happen though.

I don’t really see why them deciding the fixtures using the same basis they have done for a decade or more now is that surprising honestly.

Guarentee sfa will reschedule the Scottish cup games for that weekend and the old firm will be pushed back to November

I don’t understand why folk are ecstatic with Aberdeen away, it’s a ground we struggle at, more to the point it’s a team we struggle against, Pittodrie is hardly a cauldron of noise and having no fans won’t be a massive difference, it’s a very difficult fixture.
Jesus wept! half glass empty guy...

You've got to remember how much of a cornerstone these games are to the broadcasting rights - Sky will be as eager as the soap dodgers to have a crowd in for that first match. They don't show these games for the quality of the football on show.

Yep, feel that Sky will have had a big say in it.

Sky’s influence will be massive this year, given they have the SPFL over a barrel financially.

Absolutely perfect.

Pittodrie without a crowd couldn't fall better for us.

mentally challengeds will be screaming conspiracy.

As are plenty of our fans. It really is pathetic, tedious shite getting. We have a support filled with utter utter pussies these days, particularly online.

You're spot in with what you say btw, this is a great start for us.

Shut up with your common sense, it has no place here!

Set up so ra selick can have an easy 3 points on the board before we have kicked a ball in one of the hardest away games you can have.
However, if we're gonna win the league we have to play every team home and away + overcome the SPFL.

Away to Pittodrie.

Sounds like something from Pro Evo when they couldn’t get the naming rights.

Great to see it confirmed that there is no winter break after the downturn in our form over the last two years. Saying that, it’s a tough run of away fixtures in January, but we’ve got to play them sometime.

I don’t understand why folk are ecstatic with Aberdeen away, it’s a ground we struggle at, more to the point it’s a team we struggle against, Pittodrie is hardly a cauldron of noise and having no fans won’t be a massive difference, it’s a very difficult fixture.

It's hostile enough mate.
As are plenty of our fans. It really is pathetic, tedious shite getting. We have a support filled with utter utter pussies these days, particularly online.

You're spot in with what you say btw, this is a great start for us.

You are so right mate.

I cringe when I read some of the stuff on here from so called Rangers supporters.

I actually think they're terrified of the mentally challengeds and cry wolf at the slightest thing.

Pathetic stuff.

Set up so ra selick can have an easy 3 points on the board before we have kicked a ball in one of the hardest away games you can have.
However, if we're gonna win the league we have to play every team home and away + overcome the SPFL.

We play before the mentally challengeds...

Back