Fixtures Announced Today

We play each of Celtic, Motherwell, Aberdeen, Hibs and Livi (the top 6 last season) away twice before the split. How has that happened?

I don’t mind the way the first fixture has worked out for us, I’d rather play dolly away when they’ve got no fans( or minimal fans) in the stadium

Set up so ra selick can have an easy 3 points on the board before we have kicked a ball in one of the hardest away games you can have.
However, if we're gonna win the league we have to play every team home and away + overcome the SPFL.

We play before the mentally challengeds.

Grow a set ffs and stop worrying about them.

They've been given absolutely no advantage with the fixtures.

Decent run of fixtures. The run to last old firm game looks good. Aberdeen away with no fans has to be an advantage for us.

I see that random computer has managed to have Celtic playing away either side of remembrance sunday.....again...for about the 20th year running.

Set up so ra selick can have an easy 3 points on the board before we have kicked a ball in one of the hardest away games you can have.
However, if we're gonna win the league we have to play every team home and away + overcome the SPFL.

We're playing on the Saturday of the opening weekend and they're playing the Sunday..... or has Peter's cabal arranged for the order of the weekend to be changed to suit them aswell?

We have to play everyone at some stage of the season anyway. Amazes me how many people go off their head at a set of fixtures being released.

I don’t understand why folk are ecstatic with Aberdeen away, it’s a ground we struggle at, more to the point it’s a team we struggle against, Pittodrie is hardly a cauldron of noise and having no fans won’t be a massive difference, it’s a very difficult fixture.
100% agree. We need a few top quality signings in the next couple of weeks. If we don’t get them, I’m fully expecting us to go up there and drop points on the opening day and be playing catch up already.

It's hostile enough mate.

You are so right mate.

I cringe when I read some of the stuff on here from so called Rangers supporters.

I actually think they're terrified of the mentally challengeds and cry wolf at the slightest thing.

Pathetic stuff.
Yeah some on here are terrified of that mob.. to win the league we have to beat the sheep and the tims on their own patches, if we go into these games frightened we will never stop TIAR

When do Scotland play Israel in the playoff? SFA will be determined to have a support at that game.

The SPFL have made a rip roaring see you next Tuesday of the fixtures. No thought has been put in for European fixtures.

If Rangers somehow make the Europa League semi finals then it is the same weekend as Livi away. We have 2 Friday night games scheduled after Europa League group stage games the night before. If Rangers progress in Europe games will have to be rescheduled.

Sheep away in an empty stadium will do me. Folk saying Pittordrie isnt a cauldron of noise - it isnt, but there is no doubt that every tackle they make gets a huge noise so no fans is a superb result for us. Same as the game at the Chamber of Secrets - if no fans back, great result.

I really can’t be bothered with the conspiracies , if we want to win the title we need to win at Pittodrie.

However, remember this when the ‘anyone but Celtic’ garbage is put out there.

It's hostile enough mate.

You are so right mate.

I cringe when I read some of the stuff on here from so called Rangers supporters.

I actually think they're terrified of the mentally challengeds and cry wolf at the slightest thing.

Pathetic stuff.

Yup. The same folk will be ripping the players and manager for 'shitting the bed' whilst doing exactly that themselves.

Great to see it confirmed that there is no winter break after the downturn in our form over the last two years. Saying that, it’s a tough run of away fixtures in January, but we’ve got to play them sometime.

It was the same last year mate, although it was December. We were a bad refereeing decision away from taking maximum points in a month that had Aberdeen, Hibs, Motherwell and The Beggars away along with a league cup final and a tough European game.

You've got to remember how much of a cornerstone these games are to the broadcasting rights - Sky will be as eager as the soap dodgers to have a crowd in for that first match. They don't show these games for the quality of the football on show.

Doesn't fit in with the conspiracy theory though, so apologies for that.

On the contrary, if it's behind closed doors that's an extra 60,000 people who will be boosting their viewing figures

I'm happy with the fixtures. Feels a step closer to getting football back.

Aberdeen are the 3rd best team so it's the 2nd hardest game we could have had but we're better than them so I've no fear. An empty stadium takes away from Aberdeens chances and enhances ours. We have to play every team home and away at some point so complaining about the order seems odd to me.

What I took from the fixture list was having 6 league games in August, plus the Leverkusen games (and potentially 1 or 2 further Europa games) is a very busy start. We must hit the ground running so it remains to be seen what type of friendlies we line up to get us ready. Most leagues are still playing so interested to see who we can get.

Aberdeen with no fans is better nothing for there players to feed off during the game

plus point hopefully al be in tenerife for first old firm

5:30pm kick offs on a Saturday for away games on tv, is this the new norm for this season?

Would imagine it’s just Sky using their ‘prime time’ Saturday evening slot while there’s no EPL on at that stage. Once the EPL starts back up we’ll be back on to Saturday or Sunday lunchtime.

On the contrary, if it's behind closed doors that's an extra 60,000 people who will be boosting their viewing figures

There will be far more than an extra 60k watching across the UK alone if there's a proper atmosphere for the game.

It's one of the main reasons many non Old Firm fans watch the game.

Sky definitely pushed for the date.

Strange how the game at Ibrox last season was sept 1st and its now the last match day 11 at the piggery Oct 17th. The super computer must of been in talks with the SNP to give max time to get their stinking fans back inside the paedo dome!

Bet your house/life on the first game with fans allowed back in is the filth game! 1-1000 on.

Anyone who thinks the SPFL are competent enough to actually have this schedule start on time and to plan is having a laugh. It's probably not even the right number of teams from where we will end up due to their decisions so far.

As are plenty of our fans. It really is pathetic, tedious shite getting. We have a support filled with utter utter pussies these days, particularly online.

You're spot in with what you say btw, this is a great start for us.

The paranoia there has been on here of late is as bad as it was with them at any point in the 90s. Some would point out that there is a correlation between said paranoia and lack of success on the park in both cases.

Just a though but what's the betting the weekend of the tramps game being a cup weekend therefore pushing it back more... Just in case

Think you've missed the point of the thread .? and secondly nobody won it last year

I haven't. He thinks it's a fix they're at home to Hamilton. They were going to be at home to someone they they'd beat comfortably.

Whatever makes you sleep easy at night, they were running away with it again due to our meltdown post January.

We play before the mentally challengeds.

Grow a set ffs and stop worrying about them.

They've been given absolutely no advantage with the fixtures.

In my defence, I had/have no gripe with the fixtures other than they had an easy game before we kicked a ball.
Turns out I read through it too quickly and in turn made a lady's front bottom of it.

Back