Gerrard reaction and Morelos goal

There’s not a lot different between this one and the league cup final except the keeper went the wrong way this time. It’s not a criticism or Morelos, most of the time, even bad penalties go in.

On the subject of Penalties, and I am no great footballer, but the keeper has a ‘rainbow’ area he can reach. Master placing it outwith that rainbow and you score.

image hosting

There’s not a lot different between this one and the league cup final except the keeper went the wrong way this time. It’s not a criticism or Morelos, most of the time, even bad penalties go in.

On the subject of Penalties, and I am no great footballer, but the keeper has a ‘rainbow’ area he can reach. Master placing it outwith that rainbow and you score.

image hosting

As much as I can relate to your point, I think pace is the key. Master getting it with velocity and the keeper is going to struggle.

So the answer is? High with power :)) :))

image hosting
Gazza had that, usually into the side netting (inside the goal).

When it comes to penalties. The keeper knows you want to go across your body went you strike it. That’s why I knew sitting in the crowd where Alfie was going in the final. Good to see he wants to keep stepping-up, just needs to keep practising.

Being saying that since last season.
Would always have someone who can strike the ball well as penalty taker.
Think Borna took them whilst in Croatia.

Search his penalty against PSV for Osijek. Cool as you like.

He’s a dick, but the last penalty taker we had with a clean strike was probably Whittaker.

I'm sorry but no way was that a penalty. He took it well but that's embarrassing how he fell. Yeah I get it, it's a part of the modern game but ffs

image hosting
Robbie Fowler made it sound easy, but hit the side net with it and the keeper won’t save it

The highlights are up on RTV.

Created plenty of chances but clearly rusty in front of goal, the penalty decision is as soft as it gets

Yep.

Big Bassey caught out for their goal, but hopefully just getting rid of the rustiness.

The highlights are up on RTV.

Created plenty of chances but clearly rusty in front of goal, the penalty decision is as soft as it gets

Yep.

Big Bassey caught out for their goal, but hopefully just getting rid of the rustiness.

As much as I can relate to your point, I think pace is the key. Master getting it with velocity and the keeper is going to struggle.

So the answer is? High with power :)) :))
A good penalty is one that goes in.
However, the best description of football is that it is a game of deception and surprise, I can't remember who said that maybe Maradona.
It is the same with penalties, in essence, you are hoping to deceive or surprise the goalkeeper and if you have the ability to vary how you take them, you will always have the element of surprise and the ability to deceive the man trying to keep the ball out.

Goalkeepers have become so big and athletic in modern football that even power and placing it can sometimes not be enough if they know which way you are going and they pinch a few feet from the goal-line.

I can’t believe we got that penalty. We’d be raging if that was against us.

A good penalty is one that goes in.
However, the best description of football is that it is a game of deception and surprise, I can't remember who said that maybe Maradona.
It is the same with penalties, in essence, you are hoping to deceive or surprise the goalkeeper and if you have the ability to vary how you take them, you will always have the element of surprise and the ability to deceive the man trying to keep the ball out.

Goalkeepers have become so big and athletic in modern football that even power and placing it can sometimes not be enough if they know which way you are going and they pinch a few feet from the goal-line.
Always found that in amateur football, if you let the keeper catch you looking one way as you place the ball, 9 times out of 10 they will dive that way. Controlled hit, placed with a bit of height.

Had great success doing that until one time I hit it low and the same way I looked and the goalie saved it! Blamed the hangover.

Not for me.
A penalty taker, for me, has to be a good passer of the ball.
Morelos doesn’t fall into that category.
I don't agree.
I think Morelos is actually a very good footballer and has a good variety of passing especially under pressure.
He should take our penalties and with more practice in match situations, he will get there.
I always want my top goalscorer to take responsibility for a shot at goal.

I don't agree.
I think Morelos is actually a very good footballer and has a good variety of passing especially under pressure.
He should take our penalties and with more practice in match situations, he will get there.
I always want my top goalscorer to take responsibility for a shot at goal.

I thought Boyd was a great penalty taker. Absolutely rotten passer though, couldn’t even play a simple 5 yard ball to put Ferguson through on goal away at El Madrigal

Back