Qatar world cup schedule announced

uneasydaz

Four matches will be played each day during the group stage of the 2022 Qatar World Cup, FIFA has announced.

The group games will be played over a 12-day period, with matches not being assigned to particular venues until after the finals draw in March 2022 in order to choose optimal kick-off times to suit television audiences in different countries as well as supporters out in Qatar.

Kick-off times for the first two rounds of matches will be 1pm, 4pm, 7pm and 10pm local time (10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm in the United Kingdom), and with the stadiums all within a 40-mile radius of each other it will enable supporters and media to realistically attend two games on the same day.

Kick-off times in the final round of group games and knock-out round matches will be at 6pm and 10pm local time (3pm and 7pm UK time).

For all but three games there will be a three-day rest period in between.

The tournament's opening match will be played at the Al Bayt stadium in Al Khor on Monday, November 21 in a match which will feature the host country.

The 2022 final venue is the Lusail Stadium in Doha, with the showpiece game to be played on Sunday December 18, kick-off at 6pm local time (3pm UK time).

A start date has not yet been fixed for the European section of World Cup qualification. The announcement comes two years to the day since the 2018 World Cup final.

A world cup when its pishing down with rain getting dark at 3pm cold. Sorry fcuk that. World cups should be in the middle of summer with beer gardens opened.

Also as pointed above if people were serious about slaves etc they would be boycotting this tournament

Will anybody mention the conditions that the modern day slave-labour that built the stadia have been forced to endure?

If people were serious about fighting tyranny they should be boycotting it.
I can safely say that as a Scotsman, I’ll certainly be boycotting it. Also the KO times are shite.

A world cup when its pishing down with rain getting dark at 3pm cold. Sorry fcuk that. World cups should be in the middle of summer with beer gardens opened.

Also as pointed above if people were serious about slaves etc they would be boycotting this tournament

Not to mention the fact that since the announcement there have been loads of people found guilty of corruption in positions of power at FIFA. It's so disappointing this WC hasn't been given to another nation. Money rules over all.

Cannot agree more mate not a fan of international football but the world cup and euros during the summer is brilliant

Will anybody mention the conditions that the modern day slave-labour that built the stadia have been forced to endure?

If people were serious about fighting tyranny they should be boycotting it.

only every single thread it gets mentioned on.

I'm sure it's pointless us Scotland fans boycotting as we won't be going anyway.

only every single thread it gets mentioned on.

I'm sure it's pointless us Scotland fans boycotting as we won't be going anyway.

I never mentioned you guys, was thinking more about our intellectual & moral overlords like Lineker & co.

Anyway; surely in the age of BLM / taking the knee etc, the game - because that’s what it appears to be - must be played out to its inevitable end.

Last edited:
Four matches will be played each day during the group stage of the 2022 Qatar World Cup, FIFA has announced.

The group games will be played over a 12-day period, with matches not being assigned to particular venues until after the finals draw in March 2022 in order to choose optimal kick-off times to suit television audiences in different countries as well as supporters out in Qatar.

Kick-off times for the first two rounds of matches will be 1pm, 4pm, 7pm and 10pm local time (10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm in the United Kingdom), and with the stadiums all within a 40-mile radius of each other it will enable supporters and media to realistically attend two games on the same day.

Kick-off times in the final round of group games and knock-out round matches will be at 6pm and 10pm local time (3pm and 7pm UK time).

For all but three games there will be a three-day rest period in between.

The tournament's opening match will be played at the Al Bayt stadium in Al Khor on Monday, November 21 in a match which will feature the host country.

The 2022 final venue is the Lusail Stadium in Doha, with the showpiece game to be played on Sunday December 18, kick-off at 6pm local time (3pm UK time).

A start date has not yet been fixed for the European section of World Cup qualification. The announcement comes two years to the day since the 2018 World Cup final.
This tournament should just be scrapped for 2022.

I’m going to say I’m up for it.

Couple of games early evening, dinner and a couple of beers.

Saves the relentless christmas cooking countdown.

And like everything to do with this tournament, it is shite:

Opening game features Qatar on Monday, 21 November 2022 (10am GMT). Final is on Friday 18th December 2022 (3pm GMT).

The group stage will last 12 days and, with four matches every day. Games kick off at 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm GMT.

Final group games kick off simultaneously at 3pm and 7pm GMT.

vg1ztggnhp662hb13hpw.jpg

The older I get, the less I watch of International tournaments. Doubt i watched even 20% of the Russia World Cup. This one will probably be the all time low for me.

Weeks of black lives matter and the pulling down of statues because of slavery from over 100 years ago. Meanwhile in the present day modern slaves are building infrastructure for a World Cup in Qatar... what’s that phrase? Can’t see the Forrest for the trees?
In the BLM movement’s defence, Qatar is a rampantly anti-Semitic nation so on that score there are on happily aligned.

Have they said what's going to happen with the domestic season yet? Later finish, same as this season?

5am and 8am KOs for east coast NA and all of South America? (Even earlier for the west coast and Central America) They’re having a laugh surely?

Back