Votes: 105 28.9%
  • A Striker

Votes: 184 50.7%
  • Other

Votes: 27 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A striker.

Morelos hasn't kept going for a full season in his time here and we're too reliant on him

I personally think we could do with a goalscoring number 8 for the starting 11, but we NEED another striker for the squad as it would be criminal to go through the first half of season with only 2 recognised centre forwards.

Edit: in saying that, I have a feeling that we'll switch from the 4321 to a more regular 4231 this season, meaning the goalscoring number 8 becomes less of a priority!

i reckon we need more from those we have -especially goals - we need 20 goals from Midfield and someone to physically mix it in the centre of the park.

TBH the biggest thing we need is consistency

Striker. We lost the same number of goals as the scum in the league games played this season until lockdown but scored twenty five fewer.

Apologies Adastra, I must have been typing as you posted the same information. You are absolutely correct.

A striker.

Goals win games.

Our defensive record overall was ok.

Defensively we were absolutely fine

where we failed was our midfield not contributing enough goals and assists

if tht doesn’t change we will finish second again

A creative/goal scoring midfielder is the only answer surely! Why would we want another striker when we only play with one and already have Morelos, Defoe & Stewart.

Last edited:
Striker for me. Alfie, if he's here, can't be relied on for a full season and despite Defoe being the best finisher in Scotland, he struggles to lead the line on his own

other - right winger.

Tav is much more effective with a competent, first choice right winger in the team. We also lack balance without a competent, first choice right winger.

midfielder. Not a defensive one as such but someone with presence who can dominate. If somebody could clone Souness, that would be ideal.

A souness, a Ferguson or a Barry Ferguson. Take the fight to the opposition, dominate, win tackles, control and score goals.

That ain’t Ryan Jack.

Imo I think we need at least three quality strikers all contributing to the goals tally backed up by a goalscoring midfielder.

Bare minimum we need is 4 signings straight into the first team.
Good solid central midfielder, a midfielder who can get goals and 2 strikers to replace Morelos.

If we have enough money a right sided wide player and a CH also.

However I think we are unlikely to get many of these. Concerned we won’t be able to put up much of a fight as I don’t see us having much to spend.

Went central defender. Some goals we've lost against semi pro SPFL dumplings, have been tearjerkers. Katic goosed, Helander still to be seen basically, and Goldson, I think, believes he's an EPL quality defender. He's not

Back