Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I think IIRR that Sturgeon had it in her speech announcing the enquiry that religion or sporting bodies would not be a part of the enquiry.

I posted a couple of articles the other day regarding this but they were taken down. Basically, the SG/SNP announced the enquiry would not investigate the two main things you mention. Members of the committee and the QC chairwoman resigned citing interference from the SG/SNP,who were trying to micromanage all aspects of it. This led to the chairwoman taking the SG/SNP to court, where she lost her case.

I think IIRR that Sturgeon had it in her speech announcing the enquiry that religion or sporting bodies would not be a part of the enquiry.
Which,strangely enough are the 2 organisations that are rife with abuse. The rc church are the worse followed closely by celtic fc. 2 separate entities joined at the hip within scottish society. SNP believe they are no worth investigating. Says it all really.

Which,strangely enough are the 2 organisations that are rife with abuse. The rc church are the worse followed closely by celtic fc. 2 separate entities joined at the hip within scottish society. SNP believe they are no worth investigating. Says it all really.
That is why I said in a post a while ago that it is like going to chop down trees but staying out of the forrest.

There are people more knowledgeable than myself, but I remember a long time ago hearing that of offences were carried out in America that their legal system could kick in.

Is this true?

Remember Penn State- the American legal system doesn’t %^*& about.
I may be wrong but I thought the guy who’s house where it took place, did inform the police, or at least involve a lawyer (probably to protect himself) However, I think after discussions between Celtic and the boys parents no formal changes were made. I’m guessing that rendered the police powerless since they can only investigate if someone states a crime has been committed. I presume you would need the victim to actually lay charges and the people involved to cooperate with them otherwise it’s all allegations from the police’s standpoint

I think the key thing in that incident is who the guy in charge of the tour tried to contact in Glasgow. He went straight to the top of Celtic FC for advice on the situation, not some separate entity

I think you should throw in the media. They are complicit by their silence. There are a number of very sinister connections in all this, yet not one newspaper has thought it worth looking into. There has to be a reason for that.

I may be wrong but I thought the guy who’s house where it took place, did inform the police, or at least involve a lawyer (probably to protect himself) However, I think after discussions between Celtic and the boys parents no formal changes were made. I’m guessing that rendered the police powerless since they can only investigate if someone states a crime has been committed. I presume you would need the victim to actually lay charges and the people involved to cooperate with them otherwise it’s all allegations from the police’s standpoint

I think the key thing in that incident is who the guy in charge of the tour tried to contact in Glasgow. He went straight to the top of Celtic FC for advice on the situation, not some separate entity
The bit that really astounds me here is if the parents were told and then agreed not to press charges! If anyone violated my kid in the way these kids were abused, I’d be straight after the offender and then gladly do time...

I posted a couple of articles the other day regarding this but they were taken down. Basically, the SG/SNP announced the enquiry would not investigate the two main things you mention. Members of the committee and the QC chairwoman resigned citing interference from the SG/SNP,who were trying to micromanage all aspects of it. This led to the chairwoman taking the SG/SNP to court, where she lost her case.

And the information you kindly posted went straight to the appropriate people,thanks!

The bit that really astounds me here is if the parents were told and then agreed not to press charges! If anyone violated my kid in the way these kids were abused, I’d be straight after the offender and then gladly do time...
No you wouldn't that is a thing every man says but the only case I can remember where the person took revenge was a German woman who shot the abuser. The biggest reason that nobody does anything is because your kid would be losing a father\mother as well as having being abused. The biggest thing is helping the child and not revenge. I will admit though the totally laughable sentences makes you want to shoot the bastards and the judges sentencing them.

I hear you. However, not knowing the full circumstances it’s difficult to judge. It could be their whole concern wasn’t just celtic but also their boy. It must be awful being a victim and having your name put out in public at that age. I tend not to blame the families as much as the people who put the suggestion to them in the first place. They were responsible for the boys welfare and should have handed in Cairney to the police without a 2nd thought. I know it’s harsh but the decision shouldn’t have been put in the parents hands. The club had a responsibility to act in order to remove a pedophile from public life and protect future victims. I’m sure they could have taken steps to ensure the boys privacy and protect him had they the desire to do so.

I hear you. However, not knowing the full circumstances it’s difficult to judge. It could be their whole concern wasn’t just celtic but also their boy. It must be awful being a victim and having your name put out in public at that age. I tend not to blame the families as much as the people who put the suggestion to them in the first place. They were responsible for the boys welfare and should have handed in Cairney to the police without a 2nd thought. I know it’s harsh but the decision shouldn’t have been put in the parents hands. The club had a responsibility to act in order to remove a pedophile from public life and protect future victims. I’m sure they could have taken steps to ensure the boys privacy and protect him had they the desire to do so.
There is more to this story regarding the boy having to stay in the USA if their was a charge made there not sure of the full details but the parents wanted him home asap and they came to some
ahem agreement

There is more to this story regarding the boy having to stay in the USA if their was a charge made there not sure of the full details but the parents wanted him home asap and they came to some
ahem agreement
I know this has been posted on this thread before but just in case, here it is again.

It's almost a certainty that the Celtic representatives played up the fact that the boy would have to remain in the US if charges were pressed to the parents.
They would have been desperate to bury the whole thing, and I can imagine them saying to the parents "If we deal with this internally your son can come home now, if charges are pressed he'll need to stay in the US in the care of strangers, is that really what you want?"

It's almost a certainty that the Celtic representatives played up the fact that the boy would have to remain in the US if charges were pressed to the parents.
They would have been desperate to bury the whole thing, and I can imagine them saying to the parents "If we deal with this internally your son can come home now, if charges are pressed he'll need to stay in the US in the care of strangers, is that really what you want?"
The key thing in that story that is relevant to this case is that the first people McNally tried to contact for guidance were directors of Celtic FC. That fact alone blows the whole separate entity thing out of the water.

Just a msg for those of you who know Bill Storrie, For those who don’t know Bill he was on the Alex Thomson show on Channel 4 & Bill has been very vocal in looking for justice for all victims of child abuse of which he was one when lived in Whitburn as a child. Bill has unfortunately been in a bad cycling accident which happened on Wednesday when he was out cycling up in Oban whilst on holiday. He has subsequently been transferred to the Queen Elizabeth today,

Bill since the accident has no feeling below his shoulders & is currently paralysed however says he has slight sensation in his some of his fingertips however is unable to move them but we are all hoping the fact he has some sensation is a good sign. Unfortunately since being moved to Queen Elizabeth he still has yet to receive a MRI to see the full extent of the damage to his spine which wiill hopefully now happen tomorrow.

Good luck Bill you are a good Bear, praying for your recovery & that the paralysis you are experiencing is short & temporary & that the results of the MRI tomorrow is good news. Hopefully you are back on your bike before you know it & back watching the Rangers.

Just a msg for those of you who know Bill Storrie, For those who don’t know Bill he was on the Alex Thomson show on Channel 4 & Bill has been very vocal in looking for justice for all victims of child abuse of which he was one when lived in Whitburn as a child. Bill has unfortunately been in a bad cycling accident which happened on Wednesday when he was out cycling up in Oban whilst on holiday. He has subsequently been transferred to the Queen Elizabeth today,

Bill since the accident has no feeling below his shoulders & is currently paralysed however says he has slight sensation in his some of his fingertips however is unable to move them but we are all hoping the fact he has some sensation is a good sign. Unfortunately since being moved to Queen Elizabeth he still has yet to receive a MRI to see the full extent of the damage to his spine which wiill hopefully now happen tomorrow.

Good luck Bill you are a good Bear, praying for your recovery & that the paralysis you are experiencing is short & temporary & that the results of the MRI tomorrow is good news. Hopefully you are back on your bike before you know it & back watching the Rangers.

Awful news, here's hoping he makes a full recovery soon.
I've known Billy for almost 50 years, he's a determined character, a trait that hopefully
helps him overcome this tragic situation.

Tragic. Best of luck to Bill on his recovery.

Looking back you think it was some kind of black comedy movie. Using a hundred or so under 12 Thai orphans to sing songs about cheating refs was utter exploitation of the highest order.

Haiti is a major hub for paedophilia. (see Clinton Foundation involvement there) No way cellic and their church went there with honourable intent.

In Haiti, at least 30,000 children live in institutions, most of them in abusive orphanages where they are often subject to trafficking.

The project, in Solino, a notoriously poor district of the capital Port-au-Prince, was completed with help from the Celtic FC Foundation, and Catholic Relief Services.

Last edited:

Shit, Bill(y) and his family were the first locals that approached and befriended us when we first moved to the Whitburn Glasgow over spill in 1962 when my auld man got a job in the BMC. Good people, his Dad, Bert run under age teams, who I was lucky enough to play for. Get well soon Bill.

Back