Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Adrian should directly email Nippy, Useless, Dornan, etc and ask them to get involved

Nippy knew via her award winning journalist uncle Iain Ferguson who exposed the Torbett abuse in 1996

Dornan knew and admitted it but still let his son play for CBC

Useless has ignored the victims repeated requests for help

Bet he gets the same response - they refuse to get involved and denounce the abuse which went on and is still being covered up and hidden

Interesting ruling on this Canadian court case against a Roman Catholic Episcopal archdiocese from a sexual abuse scandal at at school. The church's claims of no control etc are hauntingly familiar to those of a certain football club from the east end of Glasgow. Dare we say that Canadian judges are less blinkered than their Scottish colleagues - I sincerely hope not.
The key statement from the Supreme Court Ruling

" It states that while the abuse was suffered at the hands of the Christian Brothers — who were not employees of the local archdiocese — it was the archdiocese who offered them the environment to commit crimes that went unpunished for decades."

While I am not surprised, I hope Adrian includes any communication, or lack of in this case, in his documentary. It will let a wider audience know what the victims and their families have had to contend with.

I have a feeling that this government and its' refusal to communicate with its' citizens on this matter will be the spark of interest needed to force an enquiry.

H
Adrian should directly email Nippy, Useless, Dornan, etc and ask them to get involved

Nippy knew via her award winning journalist uncle Iain Ferguson who exposed the Torbett abuse in 1996

Dornan knew and admitted it but still let his son play for CBC

Useless has ignored the victims repeated requests for help

Bet he gets the same response - they refuse to get involved and denounce the abuse which went on and is still being covered up and hidden
Rather than say they refuse to respond, he should doorstep them. Let’s see Sturgeon and Humza all flustered when a camera is pushed in their face and they are actually forced to either comment or refuse to comment. It would be on film forever, that they refuse to acknowledge the subject or take action. Then the clips start to go round Twitter, and let see nationalist supporters then try to defend the cover up of CSA.

While I am not surprised, I hope Adrian includes any communication, or lack of in this case, in his documentary. It will let a wider audience know what the victims and their families have had to contend with.

I have a feeling that this government and its' refusal to communicate with its' citizens on this matter will be the spark of interest needed to force an enquiry.
It's ironic that the Government won't get involved in a public investigation into the largest and longest running paedophile group of molestors in footballs history, but will when it comes to ending the season prematurely allowing the SPFL executives to gift a title to the team they support.
That as you know was the same club with their associated boys club at the centre of the sexual assaults, as in Doncaster's own admission the Government ended the competition.

Last edited:
It's ironic that the Government won't get involved in a public investigation into the largest and longest paedophile group of molestors in footballs history, but will when it comes to ending the season prematurely allowing the SPFL executives to gift a title to the team they support.
That as you know was the same club with their associated boys club at the centre of the sexual assaults, as in Doncaster's own admission the Government ended the competition.
Ironic is one word. Criminal is another.

It's almost like these people are just trolling the good people of Scotland. Rubbing their noses in obvious corruption and cronyism.

Couple of issues worth mentioning.

1). Where is the WOKE generation on this? Racism, climate change, historical slavery, financial inequality, gender issues, nuclear power, corporate or political malpractice, female inequality. Everyone gets up in arms, protests, crowd funding, hashtags, documentaries, online news articles etc. And yet on this? The worst thing a human can do? Is it not trendy enough?

2) Will a Labour, Liberal or Tory politician, or even someone in the media, stand up and actually face this head on and help expose this? I appreciate the subject is one of the biggest ‘hot potatoes’ a politician could attempt to bring up, but surely it is important enough for someone, anyone, of some standing to do at least mention it? Sometimes these things just take one or two of the right prominent people to flag it up as an issue and then it might garner a bit of attention.

3) With so many media providers all looking for content, then hopefully it is only a matter of time before the likes of Netflix produce a documentary series on them. Maybe Adrian Goldberg is hopeful it gets picked up by a major player, albeit may be more likely it ends up on a lesser platform. But one day a major player like Netflix will take this on, and if it gets on there, then the whole world will know about this and be talking about them overnight.

Interesting ruling on this Canadian court case against a Roman Catholic Episcopal archdiocese from a sexual abuse scandal at at school. The church's claims of no control etc are hauntingly familiar to those of a certain football club from the east end of Glasgow. Dare we say that Canadian judges are less blinkered than their Scottish colleagues - I sincerely hope not.

" It states that while the abuse was suffered at the hands of the Christian Brothers — who were not employees of the local archdiocese — it was the archdiocese who offered them the environment to commit crimes that went unpunished for decades."

Disgusting perverts.

1). Where is the WOKE generation on this? Racism, climate change, historical slavery, financial inequality, gender issues, nuclear power, corporate or political malpractice, female inequality. Everyone gets up in arms, protests, crowd funding, hashtags, documentaries, online news articles etc. And yet on this? The worst thing a human can do? Is it not trendy enough?

2) Will a Labour, Liberal or Tory politician, or even someone in the media, stand up and actually face this head on and help expose this? I appreciate the subject is one of the biggest ‘hot potatoes’ a politician could attempt to bring up, but surely it is important enough for someone, anyone, of some standing to do at least mention it? Sometimes these things just take one or two of the right prominent people to flag it up as an issue and then it might garner a bit of attention.

3) With so many media providers all looking for content, then hopefully it is only a matter of time before the likes of Netflix produce a documentary series on them. Maybe Adrian Goldberg is hopeful it gets picked up by a major player, albeit may be more likely it ends up on a lesser platform. But one day a major player like Netflix will take this on, and if it gets on there, then the whole world will know about this and be talking about them overnight.

And that should be the case Snakehips.

I think that statistically, in terms of number of convicted paedophiles, this must be the biggest child abuse scandal in the history of world sport.

And I believe there is more to come too. Paedophiles and convictions.

Actually, your first point is a very under rated one.

Where are the PC brigade in Scotland on something far more immediate than these
other softer issues ?

Can’t for the life of me understand why a politician, who is used to manipulating situations for their own benefit, wouldn’t be prepared to condemn the abuse and support the victims as it would surely show them in a good light and serve them well in their self/sole interest of attracting votes? It’s an open goal and no-brainer as far as I’m concerned.

If they are subsequently seen to be avoiding and dismissing this when being called out, then I can only see them losing votes - but certainly not gaining any. The SNP are desperate for more as they haven’t previously had enough to achieve their ultimate objective of independence so this tactic seems self defeating?

Unless of course they’re trying to protect like minded friends or individuals that may be involved to whatever extent in this - or, dare I say it, themselves.

You can usually rely on a politician to comment on anything and everything to keep themselves in the limelight.

But on this? Nothing.

Scum.

It's ironic that the Government won't get involved in a public investigation into the largest and longest running paedophile group of molestors in footballs history, but will when it comes to ending the season prematurely allowing the SPFL executives to gift a title to the team they support.

This government just don't care .

I use the analogy of macrocosm and microcosm to describe the relationship between the government and football authorities. You can see the similarities in how they have both ignored, tried to silence discussion, and deflect when asked about this scandal. And the ones' being ignored are not only citizens, but victims, who have the right to demand answers through an enquiry.

Both the government ,football authorities , and that club are going to soon have to face the full consequences of choosing to ignore what is turning out to be the biggest child abuse scandal in sport.

I don't care what party is in power. They all have a duty to answer to the people of this country.

One assumes that there is no legal precedent nor current law that would prevent the justice secretary, police scotland or the government from instigating further proceedings against such an aggressor as the rc church and the football club currently, and many times previously, exposed in the law courts as being habitual child abusers?

I think they need to be questioned on this point and also why they specifically excluded religious and sporting institutions from further enquiry. My memory seems to be that this exclusion happened around the same time as the first celtic football club and their associated boys clubs teams started to throw up the latest batch of previously convicted paedophiles.

It stinks.

This proves to me that no politicians in this country are out to do the best for the people. They are only out to do the best for themselves. Hang you're head's in shame

This proves to me that no politicians in this country are out to do the best for the people. They are only out to do the best for themselves. Hang you're head's in shame
This latest incarnation of the SNP is about one thing. Separation. They are not in the least bit interested in the lives of an average Scot. How well is the FM's constituency thriving now? Hence they will hitch their wagon to any block vote or cause du jour, for support and retention of power. Through that power, they can pursue their separatist agenda. There is a reason they don't pursue an average Protestant vote in Scotland, despite the fact it's by far the largest demographic. That vote is , generally, opposed to separation.
Oh, Labour were just as bad. Many of the crimes and reporting was on their watch, and they did and do eff all for many of the same reasons.

Can’t for the life of me understand why a politician, who is used to manipulating situations for their own benefit, wouldn’t be prepared to condemn the abuse and support the victims as it would surely show them in a good light and serve them well in their self/sole interest of attracting votes? It’s an open goal and no-brainer as far as I’m concerned.

If they are subsequently seen to be avoiding and dismissing this when being called out, then I can only see them losing votes - but certainly not gaining any. The SNP are desperate for more as they haven’t previously had enough to achieve their ultimate objective of independence so this tactic seems self defeating?

Unless of course they’re trying to protect like minded friends or individuals that may be involved to whatever extent in this - or, dare I say it, themselves.

You can usually rely on a politician to comment on anything and everything to keep themselves in the limelight.

But on this? Nothing.

Scum.
Some are part of and helping with the cover up. Lots are celtic fans and are more interested in protecting "the good name of their club" And the rest are just cowards afraid of the backlash and the consequences of going against the corrupt scum and keeping their cosy jobs safe. They are controlled by someone or something very powerful

How many hushed up cases are there with Catholic priests assaults on altar boys/ parishioners and why the lack of court cases Spotlight highlighted countries all over the world why are jail's not full of pervert priests? As l have said before Gordon & Michelle should stand as candidates in Sturgeon & Useless wards at the next MSP elections on an anti sleaze ticket get the facts out there and name and shame let their constituents know who has represented them remember Salmond was ousted up north for selling out the Fishing Industry.

This government just don't care .

I use the analogy of macrocosm and microcosm to describe the relationship between the government and football authorities. You can see the similarities in how they have both ignored, tried to silence discussion, and deflect when asked about this scandal. And the ones' being ignored are not only citizens, but victims, who have the right to demand answers through an enquiry.

Both the government ,football authorities , and that club are going to soon have to face the full consequences of choosing to ignore what is turning out to be the biggest child abuse scandal in sport.

I don't care what party is in power. They all have a duty to answer to the people of this country.
The devisive nature of politics these days results in those in power only governing for their own voters and demonizing the opposition. It's like that in the US, where I am (for one more month!!)

Last edited:
Some are part of and helping with the cover up. Lots are celtic fans and are more interested in protecting "the good name of their club" And the rest are just cowards afraid of the backlash and the consequences of going against the corrupt scum and keeping their cosy jobs safe. They are controlled by someone or something very powerful

My thoughts as well. It’s disgusting and shameful - but certainly not unexpected.

And we all know the someone, let’s call them an entity for arguments sake, and something, say cult, that they are controlled by.

the million dollar question
A simple condemnation of CSA would have cost nothing and might even have bought them respect and even votes. It’s not like a politician to pass up an open goal like that.

The only reason I can think of why they didnt participate is that they didn’t want to be associated with this particular film, which focuses on a specific area of CSA.

We all know most politicians would sell their granny for more votes, so they must fear losing more than they’d gain by participating. That’s the only reason I can see for politicians of different parties refusing to take part.

Self interest often trumps doing the right thing. Watch out for them to change their tune when the dominoes start to fall and public opinion begins to change. They need to be reminded of their lack of cooperation when that happens

Their system will be common law as surely based on UK. Therefore a Supreme Court decision there will carry weight here.

i wait for a lawyer on here to contradict

How many hushed up cases are there with Catholic priests assaults on altar boys/ parishioners and why the lack of court cases Spotlight highlighted countries all over the world why are jail's not full of pervert priests? As l have said before Gordon & Michelle should stand as candidates in Sturgeon & Useless wards at the next MSP elections on an anti sleaze ticket get the facts out there and name and shame let their constituents know who has represented them remember Salmond was ousted up north for selling out the Fishing Industry.
This would be fantastic if either or both felt up to it, they would certainly find they would have record numbers willing to go out leafleting on their behalf.

Disgusting. Not one willing to take the time to even just condemn it

What do they have to hide?

If we ever needed proof that everybody knew, and continues to know and shield the guilty.
If there was a single one of them who truly believed that kids were not being raped at celtc park then surely they would have stepped forward to protect their club before this?

Watching ITV news tonight and a piece on physical and verbal abuse of British gymnasts by Steve Scott was described as powerful stuff by the anchor Tom Bradby just makes you think what the f&ck is happening here when blatant paedophilia was abound at CFC for decades and slips by with barely a mention on MSM. Am I missing something here, does belief in some man made bullshit religion/ cult forgo any scrutiny. The miss treatment of young gymnastic hopefuls is unpleasant but no where near as abhorrent as the systematic rape and sexual assault of

Watching ITV news tonight and a piece on physical and verbal abuse of British gymnasts by Steve Scott was described as powerful stuff by the anchor Tom Bradby just makes you think what the f&ck is happening here when blatant paedophilia was abound at CFC for decades and slips by with barely a mention on MSM. Am I missing something here, does belief in some man made bullshit religion/ cult forgo any scrutiny. The miss treatment of young gymnastic hopefuls is unpleasant but no where near as abhorrent as the systematic rape and sexual assault of
Young footballers

It's about mone
I've said it before and I'll say it again;

Lawell and Lennon are desperate for their mythical '10'.
If they win the league this season, they will both be gone 'on a high' and will leave the mess they can see on the horizon to someone else.

I'm almost certain that if they weren't currently successful on the pitch they would maybe have attempted to confront the situation a year or two ago when the news was coming out about clubs down south, and tried to minimise the damage to the public perception of the club.
They would have joined Man City etc in taking their medicine, and accepted that the club was at fault, but they are so desperate to get one over us with '10' that they have dug themselves deeper into a shit filled hole, where in their minds football bragging rights are more important than the lives of the people who suffered under the care of that stinking club.
money mate and nothing more. If Celtic were found guilty in court of covering up multiple cases of child abuse . Do you think they could attract sponsorship.

Back