About turn on fans at sporting events set to be announced by PM

Oduwa

Official Ticketer
Crucible, Goodwood and The Oval.

IR has increased.

Will probably affect previous info on football.

I’ve just set myself up that it will be a bonus if I get into Ibrox at all this coming season. Even if there is a limited number of fans allowed in and I’m lucky enough to maybe get picked for a couple of games the travel is gonna be a hassle for me with limited number on buses boats and probably shite times for flights

I’m not surprised.

The IR, coupled with the generic seasonal period for catching all kinds of crap not being that far away, makes me think it will probably be March before there’s any proper return.

Goodwood was supposed to have 5000 in tomorrow..Lot of organising, 700 staff lined up, 10 separate areas ...

I live by the beach about 10 miles away, there are thousands on the beaches , they are packed . I'm struggling to understand the logic . If Goodwood and all its planning cant make it happen , what chance football this side of the New Year for fans to attend

I’ve just set myself up that it will be a bonus if I get into Ibrox at all this coming season. Even if there is a limited number of fans allowed in and I’m lucky enough to maybe get picked for a couple of games the travel is gonna be a hassle for me with limited number on buses boats and probably shite times for flights
On a positive note, the government will pay for cycle repairs and the exercise will do us all some good :)

Anyone willingly putting themselves into a crowd situation right now needs their heads examined, whether that be pubs or football grounds.

Football players are rightly being kept tested for covid on a regular basis for their safety and others. Football goes into a crowd, do players feel comfortable retrieving it not knowing who's handled it ? Which makes me wonder too, are ball boys tested, are referrees tested ?

Trouble is, its not going to pass over without a vaccine.
If they can come up with one. Even if they do I’ll not be first in the queue for a vaccine which has been fast tracked when other vaccines take years to produce safely.

I’m no anti vaxxer either.
Hopefully some sort of arrangement can be agreed to let fans back in

I think if you survey the public most will just be willing to let it go now

You would think this would be true. But in the town next to me their Gala group were trying to organise an event in the park in September as the gala had to be cancelled. The abuse they got was unbelievable, despite the fact they were going to have strict social distancing so they have now cancelled.

I'm with you though I'd go back to normal tomorrow because it's simply not going to be possible to completely eradicate this virus. We need to live with it, but there are so many people who think we can have a world with zero risk.

Sometimes I wonder if we are the same country who defeated the Nazis.

Trouble is, its not going to pass over without a vaccine.
That's only a matter of time.

Can you imagine if the internet was available at the times of Spanish flu, typhoid, dyptheria, small-pox, chicken-pox, measles, mumps, TB, typhoid...And that's just in the last century or so?

This current virus is only as virulent but less dangerous than all of the above and all they meant to most of us was a couple of jags at school and a lump of sugar.

Back