Votes: 272 21.8%
  • Aribo

Votes: 251 20.1%
  • Morelos

Votes: 18 1.4%
  • Arfield

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
Looked a wee bit rusty, difficult 1st game but 3 pts without a problem. Improvements to come but never in doubt, men against boys. That will do for me

Leon Balogun looks an absolute steal. Calm and composed, good with the ball at his feet, pace and willing to put his body on the line for the cause.

MOTM
Well deserved. Balogun has stood out for two reasons:

1. He has been very calm in his debut
2. In true FF style his name has been spelled 4 different ways on this thread alone.

I look forward to a brilliant season from Balogun/Balagun/Bolagun/Bolagan. Maybe best we all just call him, "Big Leon"?

Happy with that. Should have been more but still 3 points is 3 points. Not going to get many tougher away games than that and we bossed it start to finish

Good to get the win. Poor game and poor performance overall from most of the players - I am sure they'll be disappointed in their performance after some of the games we had in the friendlies. Always a bit different when they get back to competitive games.

Hagi had a poor game but we know how good he can be. Morelos had a poor game as well but did set up Kent well for his goal, which was also very well taken.

Defence looked pretty solid. Balogun looks a good player - good bit of pace on him and solid.

Kamara sadly looked more like himself of last season. Clumsy and not in the game enough which is a shame, he is clearly so much better than that.

We definitely need another striker in though. Alfredo could be for the off but we need back-up and other options on top of Defoe when he is fit.

Still, job done. 3 points in the bag.

A necessary win achieved.
That sheep team is full of cynical hatchet men. I hope they display the same level of “commitment” against the mentally challengeds.

Comfortable enough and you’d obviously have taken that. But it was all a bit too one-paced. Not enough intensity to the play. Glad to see none of the players react to Aberdeen’s heavy handed tactics towards the end. I’d love a new striker. We need one.

The most important thing about today was 3 points. Wasn’t a great watch by any means but we got what we came for & I’m glad Pittodrie is out the way. Onto the next :cool:

Aged 5 years in the second half, but you'll always take a win at Pittodrie.

The new centre half is the bonus today, he looks a player. That pairing is the one to dislodge now.

Good to be back. First game is always dodgy as Feck so 3 points and a clean sheet will do for starters. Can only improve and we will. ;) :))

Job done! It would have been nice to score a couple more (certainly for my bet365 account) but we were never going to not win. We restricted Aberdeen to one half chance on their own patch so that is fine by me!

Comfortable enough, Balogun a steal, composed and good pace, Kent good. Tav poor, needs replaced, Kamara too negative, some worries, very much like a lot of last season, dominating and not putting teams away.
Alfie a shadow of the player at the start of last season, his heads not in it, freshen up the midfield, new attackers, new captain and a goalie who’s not rooted to his line and we will be up there.

First half was good. Second half was poor.

We really need to get out of the habit of sitting on a one goal lead.

Glad to get the win but we don’t seem to have learned from the previous 2 seasons when it comes to sitting on a lead.

3 pts was all that mattered - would like to have seen more from goal scoring opportunities created and/or taken. 2 or 3 nil would have been a more accurate reflection on the game - defence rarely troubled

One of our tougher fixtures out of the way.

3 points away to Aberdeen opening day when they're trying to batter us about, flying in to tackles, throwing our players in to the goalposts and somehow the ref finds 6 minutes added on?

I'll 100% take the win

3 points on the board and they came from Aberdeen away can't be sniffed at tbh.

Thought most played well with maybe only Hagi a bit of the pace or something.

If I was Gerrard id come out now and ask for protection off these absolute THUGS.

Devils advocate but we miss having a player in our side like that. Naithsmith had that about him as well as talent and is why he was so successful first time around. The reaction by some on here is laughable. If we had Souness in the ranks nowadays he would be getting slaughtered by some of his own fans for being too dirty, hard and cynical.
Ferguson would not be getting away with it in a rangers shirt why that is so hard for people to accept is baffling.

Back