• Aribo

Votes: 251 20.1%
  • Morelos

Votes: 18 1.4%
  • Arfield

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
Great 3 points.

Still loads of room for improvement. 2nd half was poor. Game should have been out of sight by half time. Mind you, worryingly their keeper didn't actually gave much to do.

Jack or Kamara pleasre - not both. Jack in particular slows it down too much.

Final third still a concern. Nowhere near clinical enough.

I'll be honest - will not be bothered when Morelos goes. Need a fresh approach up top.

Under any circumstances and in any generation a win and clean sheet at Pittodrie is a good result.

They packed the defence and showed little ambition. When they did attack our defence was comfortable.

And it goes without saying they were their usual thuggish selves. Red card totally deserved.

Jack and Kamara are a difficult watch in these games.

We need to upgrade them.

Baffles me how Jack got POTY to be honest.

I'd take 3 points at Pittodrie every day of the week regardless of performance. It was always going to be tricky with it being the first game back / no crowd etc. Players done well. Thought Aribo was the pick of the bunch and Balogun strolled it.

Also looked as if Morelos was clipped in the box right at the end there.

BTW Aberdeen are dreadful and I hope they get pumped. Didn't even look interested in winning that game.

For the umpteenth time I had to turn off with 5 mins to go, hopefully not to many more this season, but job done

Good for our confidence seeing that out. Another clean sheet too. Balogun means we now have 5 CBs on the books who I'd be comfortable with starting any game, fantastic depth. Need the same in other areas, particularly CM, not sure we need Jack and Kamara both starting.

Went for aribo

dancing feet! Great touches and so unlucky not to have got the second goal at the end.

Morelos, Jack and Hagi were poor imo

Does zungu replace Kamara or Jack in the starting 11? Its a tough call between the two of them

Morelos a bit lethargic. Jack and Kamara a bit one dimensional. These are the areas for us to improve on. If Morelos goes and we sign ready to go quality upfront and Zungu shows some dynamism we could look very good.

Good enough victory.Clean sheet and amazingly no cards from a referee. Something very wrong with scotshit football.

Any win at pittodrie is good but still think we can be too slow going foreard from midfield and encourage teams to come on to us. Thankfully the sheep were terrible but we need a few more players.
Dare i say it a bigger target man would have helped 2nd half after aberdeen sussed out our goal kick, pass to goldson, pass to tav, hit up the line routine.

We were given the hardest challenge they could throw at us in our first competitive game back and we won. Should have scored more but were never in trouble at all. Balogun and Goldson looked great together as did Kent and Hagi for me

Well I know that it was nothing exceptional but three points and a clean sheet and no obvious injuries in a traditionally difficult away fixture will do for now.

Always nervy with only 1-0 but apart from that melee they never looked like scoring.

Even managed to get away with nothing particularly outrageous from madden.

Only real positives were Kent & Balogun (especially from a build up perspective).

Negatives were the same as last season. Big thing was the shape for me. Kamara & Jack were far too deep, resulting in the forwards coming too deep leaving Morelos isolated which could be seen anytime we had a little break in the 2nd half.

Praying we sign a midfielder to add something in there because it will let us down in the coming season if not.

I must have been watching a different game. Thought we were terrible middle to front and hardly created a chance outside the goal. Aberdeen haven't even had a proper warm up game. Can't see any improvement from last season's shit show. Also, Gerrard make a fucking change. 75 minutes today as Aberdeen slowly worked their way into the game.

"The new SPFL rules mean Gerrard is able to name nine substitutes today, and use up to five of them in three separate windows. "

... ever since our goal, Aberdeen opened up and we hardly ever used the space. Then we take off Hagi (who was knackered), but bring on another DM/CM. Likewise, we risk Morelos for the full 96 mins ... and leave Kent on who was - as usual - full of running and limited in end product.

Could have done away with one DM, throw on Stewart and Barker to caught them.

As it stands, 3 good points in Sheepland, a decent job by the referee and still a bit to think about.

3 points at one of our toughest venues, never troubled and a superb debut for a new CH. Aribo a standout.

Not much creativity in 2nd half but professional throughout

I don't get the criticism of Jack & Kamara they were clearly doing the job they were asked to do and doing it well.

Sometimes think our support criticise unless players score goals.

Comfortable win, but would've liked us to kill the game off.

Balogun strolled through his debut and hardly put a foot wrong.

Goldson MOTM for me with Balogun not far behind.

Outstanding debut from him and both our central defenders were rock solid.

Played CB in the EOS and Lowland League most of my days and that performance by Balogun IMO was near perfect. Beast in the air, great covering and just generally looked so composed. Love it when us defenders get some recognition!

We look like we have something about us this season. I know it's only one game but there is a change in our attitude or mentality. Even if we weren't as effective in the 2nd half we never looked like losing a goal to them.

We will miss morelos.. his touches during the game... flicks.. outside of the boot. Hagi broke down a few moves.
When we bring in a replacement we need to hope he brings most of the qualties morelos has in his game :)

3 points and back down the road.while Aberdeen has more of the ball in the second half and we still had the better of the chances.

You can see why Gerrard has said multiple times that we are working on deals for a CM and attacker. Dreadfully light in those areas.

With a better winger/10 and an athletic midfielder to bring into the game today we'd have killed that off.

Clean sheet brilliant, new centre half solid, but we have the most negative midfield ever, first thought is pass backwards, kamara and Jack cannot play in the same team, and morelos won't get any more suitors today with that preformance, thought like the Coventry game we were very poor.

I don't get the criticism of Jack & Kamara they were clearly doing the job they were asked to do and doing it well.

Sometimes think our support criticise unless players score goals.

no they weren’t .

they were slow on the ball. They either passes to each other in the middle or to a centre half.
Anytime they moved forward they would lose the ball.

Back