Morelos

I thought he had a good game today. He obviously played a deeper role but when he had the chance to shoot he snatched at it a bit - no more that desperate to claim a goal. Once the first couple go in he’ll be rampant again.

Link up play was good and worked hard but didn't look as sharp off the ball and finishing was off.

It's the first competitive game of the season though so to be expected.

I thought he was decent. Linked up pretty well. Didn’t get riled when Hayes etc had a wee go at him over in the corner.

I thought he was trying to hard. But he didn't hide.
Strong and a good focal point for the front line.
Leaving two Aberdeen players in a heap was quite enjoyable.

Played really well, created our winner and was very unselfish throughout, could have had a goal if his team mates had been similarly minded.

But I think some probably had their “his heads turned, get him tae fùck” posts already typed out prior to kick off and thought they might as well go with it anyway.

In the OPs haste to be the first to slate Alfie he appears to have invented a new language.

He played fine, what I think you are saying in the original post is a classic case of confirmation bias and seeing what you had intended to see before the game even kicked off.
Bit harsh.

Ive hardly slated him. Simply stating he doesnt look at his best yet (in my opinion)

Thought he had a good game,came deep to drag the centre halves out of position and should have a penalty at the end as well.

Thought Morelos had a GOOD game today, Commentary on sky sports before an after game saying unfit, lazy and uninterested, Joke of commentary

Today confirmed what many of us already knew- he is much more than just a goalscorer
And a goalscorer who can play like that without scoring is worth more than £17million

“ he was brilliant today wasn’t he, he was superb” - Steven Gerrard.

Genuinely laughed out loud at that reaction, completely put the reporter in their place in the dismissive manner it deserved.

He contributed very well to the all round team play today which in my opinion is great, the fact that we're obviously actively working on a more fluid front 3/4 and 5 at times it bodes well for if/when he does leave.

If we rely purely on him to score goals now it'll be an even bigger loss and more difficult to replace him when the time comes

Sky just said 68 touches, more than any league game last season. He played ok, dropped very deep not helped by Aberdeen playing so deep with a packed defence. Was the only way for him to get in the game.

I read it as he was told to come deep and not get involved with the dirty centre backs, and his play was subdued is some aspects, but excellent team play, laying off diagonals and then moving, holding the ball up and playing it wide.

6/10. Good assist.

Never remotely looked like scoring.

I'll be honest, I don't think we'll miss him as much as many think when he goes.

I'm excited by the opportunity to freshen our approach up top. I think he often restricts the inter-play of the players around him.

He's leaving, so we need to get used to it.

I don’t think his heads been turned, no. Today was more of the same from pre season. Lacking sharpness and awareness. I feel
The difference may be enough rest/sleep. People forget his Mrs had a kid recently. Anyone that’s had kids will realise that full nights of sleep are hard to come by. He had a smile on his face today and contributed toward the goal. Seemed to enjoy it enough.

Put the whisky down mate, it's not even 3 o'clock.

Came deep and won a few balls, more touches in today's game than any game last season and he got the assist for the only goal with exquisite vision and a good weighted pass.

All in the first game of the season.

They've just put a stat up there that showed him having 68 touches. He managed a good assist, he was the most fouled player on the park. He also committed the most fouls but IMO any time theres a coming together with players he gets penalised for basically fcuk all.

Can't really say he wasn't in it.

Skys analysis of his performance today was ridiculous. They have a highlight reel playing showing how involved he was, workrate, creating, bullying ... they show stats backing up his incredible work rate. All the while saying he was basically slow, uninterested blah blah

No doubt there'll be plenty agreeing though. Absolutely mental.

They’ve just put his stats up and he had more touches than any other player. Got fouled more and gave away more fouls and oh, nearly forgot he made an excellent pass to send through Kent for the goal.
aye, sooner the better my ass
Aye because u win leagues by getting fouled and giving away the most fouls.

Personally thought Morelos had a good game.
Dropped deep, worked hard for the team.
Of course since he didn't bang in a hat trick his heads away and he's not arsed.

Back