The red card

It wouldn’t have been a red in the 1980s, but those days are long gone.

That would be a red in any game of the last 20 years, as Ally said in commentary, it was an easy decision for the ref.

Slide tackle studs straight into ankle. No it is not a good tackle. Nor is it a tackle. It is a bad foul. Clear red.

If Arfield had his foot planted it could have been horrific.

At no time would this have been "a good tackle".

It's August 1st 2020, we're not in back in the day.

Got to think how much of all the amazing footballers of older times would be even better if they had a bit of protection.
Yep .

But OP has a point it was allowable .

But not for the last 10 years .

I thought Ferguson’s challenge on Aribo was exactly same action , diff being he was co,img from behind him and got ball first . But . It is still disallowed in the rules I’m sure .

That is madden for you

Maybe in the days of dirty Leeds United perhaps but thankfully those days are well past us and we value skill over hammer throwers.

Well, all I can say is thankfully those days are long gone. Was nothing good about it and was a potential leg breaker.

As for the above, I agree Considine is a creepy big shitebag. :)) :)) :))

Back in the day ? if he had done it in the first half and not with seconds to go the ref would probably have considered it a great tackle. Probably what Sanchez McIness would have said to the player in the dressing room. When Aberdeen got frustrated cos they are quite a poor football side/Rangers were defending well, you were just waiting on something mental happening.

Gonna be a tough tough season for our players blootered around most weeks something the tims wont really need to think or worry about.

Back