Some of our fans are utterly addicted to drama.

Yes it was comfortable

Let’s not pretend it was a good performance though

First 30, great

Rest of the game very average with very little chances created. This is just picking up from where we were last season. All possession with very little chances created.

The fact our bench is so weak was telling with the lack of subs we made.

Delusional if anyone thinks that squad is capable of a title challenge over 38 games.

We badly need quality additions to the squad

1 cup final in 4, zero title challenges. Multiple points dropped in games just like today’s. Much the same personnel as last season.

It’s not really hard to see why people are worried is it? It really is Groundhog Day, we had the same discussions last season after a narrow win at Rugby Park.

It was the widest of narrow wins today, nothing like last season.

If you want to create issues that aren’t evident fair do’s.

Routine enough win but we need to be creating more chances. We caught them out with a nicely worked and likely pre-rehersed move that they were sleeping for. Their chances were limited but aside of the goal we weren't creating that much ourselves either.

I don't think there's anything to worry about from today, but I think it's fine to suggest that we looked a bit off the pace without getting melodramatic about it

But then again this is FF

I’ll give you the Aribo one.

Still a massive concern.

We need upgrades from middle to front. Two quality starters at least.

I don’t think all is going to be fixed by upgrades or better players. It’s more of an attitude problem imo and it seems to affect everyone no matter when they joined the club. The whole team gets so complacent when they go ahead and seem happy just to settle for a 1-0 and we know how much it’s cost them in the past. We were relatively comfortable today because Aberdeen have a poor team.

If they wanted it, that could’ve been 3 or 4. But no. We seem happy just to slow the game down and pass it backwards to sideways.

I don’t understand why it would bother any bear discussing and debating where and how we can improve, even in victory. We do enough to win most games but there’s certainly room for improvement.

Maybe try and just enjoy the game and the fact they won. Not asking a lot is it. Some people seem to believe Rangers should be like liverpool or barcelona.

Stop thinking we're going to win games by at the very least 3 goals and you might enjoy it more.

It was the widest of narrow wins today, nothing like last season.

If you want to create issues that aren’t evident fair do’s.

You say that as though there’s not ample proof that this type of performance is an issue. But in that same vain, if you want to pretend it’s all hunky dory and we’re on our way, fair do’s.

I don't get why people aren't concerned about results like this.
At 1-0 up, no matter how well we're playing, we're only one dodgy penalty, free kick or corner away from potentially conceding a goal.

Mind you, it's not likely that would happen, is it?

Delighted with the win, but can still see we’re short. It doesn’t always have to be one or the other

I don’t understand why it would bother any bear discussing and debating where and how we can improve, even in victory. We do enough to win most games but there’s certainly room for improvement.

Because we’ve got happy clappers who just don’t want to hear any negativity over the team or manager as long as we get the points. What a boring and quiet place a discussion forum would be if that was the case.

But all the evidence with this squad of players is they need to. Unpopular opinion here but that last 10 minutes in a Pittodrie full of fans could have ended up oh so differently.

The squad from last year ? True.

But from what I saw today I was never really worried we'd lose a goal.
That said we can still improve.

we played well and thoroughly deserved the win, with such a good performance we should have scored again and killed the game

at 0-1 an unlikely goal for aberdeen would have sent this place into meltdown

fine margins

But all the evidence with this squad of players is they need to. Unpopular opinion here but that last 10 minutes in a Pittodrie full of fans could have ended up oh so differently.

I thought exactly the same thing. But I’m already getting grief for daring to discuss the deficiencies so I thought I might be pushing it to mention that.

People need to realise that you don't always have to score another one to kill off a game. A solid defensive performance is equally effective.

This for me is the complete wrong attitude, especially with this team. What have you seen from us in the past two seasons to suggest we can consistently defend well enough to hold on to a lead? We’ve seen the same performances numerous times against Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone where we try and hold on and end up conceding stupid goals.

We are so much better than this Aberdeen team but we just make it hard for ourselves by settling for one. Why not kill the game off by being ruthless and scoring two or three rather than just holding on to one?

Because we’ve got happy clappers who just don’t want to hear any negativity over the team or manager as long as we get the points. What a boring and quiet place a discussion forum would be if that was the case.

Terrible patter, nothing to do with ‘happy clappers’, up your game, there was absolutely no danger today but folk are desperate to create it, if today was carried out by a Walter Smith team no one would bat an eyelid.

It's a good thing today's game wasn't played in the hypothetical realm.

Maybe best to focus on what did happen rather than what could, might have or happened in the past.

Tags, we created one chance.

Every team is going to set up like that this season.

That is a big concern.
And 1 chance was all we needed....some of you forget the wins Walter used to grind out....that was a typical Walter Smith win today that's 1 of our big fixtures put the way clean sheet 3 points what more do you want

Today was a routine win, one chance Aberdeen had in 90 minutes, yet still the criticism and ‘worries’ pour in.

That was as as easy a victory at Pittodrie as you’re likely to see, no fuss and professional, give me more functional wins please.

It followed the same pattern as many games up there even in to 6 mins added on.

We need more because we aren't going to win all those games 1_0

As I've said before there is plenty of room for criticism towards the team but there are genuinely posters on here that what to be proven right more than anything even if it comes before rangers having success, there are also posters that revel in their reputations of their posting styles etc.

I don't get why people aren't concerned about results like this.
At 1-0 up, no matter how well we're playing, we're only one dodgy penalty, free kick or corner away from potentially conceding a goal.

Mind you, it's not likely that would happen, is it?
At the same time we're only one free kick, corner or deflection from going 2 up. That's football, if it was predictable every week people would lose interest.

It's a good thing today's game wasn't played in the hypothetical realm.

Maybe best to focus on what did happen rather than what could, might have or happened in the past.

I am focussing on what happened in today’s game and we struggled to create chances and break down a below average Aberdeen team. Wasteful in the final 3rd and instead of bringing the game to them, we relied on playing counter attacking football.

Today was a routine win, one chance Aberdeen had in 90 minutes, yet still the criticism and ‘worries’ pour in.

That was as as easy a victory at Pittodrie as you’re likely to see, no fuss and professional, give me more functional wins please.
Do you think we are a league winning team from seeing today?

Or do you think the manager made 1 sub because more would seriously weaken us?

The drama and yoyoing by some posters from great to atrocious based on a 1goal, 1 second, 1bit of genius or error is tedious.

But for anyone to claim today was great if they are going to be the first to react to our first bad result by throwing the toys out the pram is just as bad.

We should be able to enjoy the win and see we may have the best starting 11, but are well short on options the manager trusts.
And it isn't a bad thing to admit that it is a worry.

It was 1-0 but the gulf in the teams was plane to see. Like everyone else I would much prefer to hav a two goal cushion, but I didn’t think we were in any danger at all today.
The strange thing is that if we got battered for 90 minutes and hung on to score a winner in injury time those moaning would be raving about character and the ability to win against the odds

first half we dominated and pressed, then after a goal and half time we just managed the game out very well. all aberdeen did was lump long balls fwd and try to win free kicks. rangers sat off aberdeen to try and draw them out for space. on another day a lot of those counter attacks end in goals, we were unlucky with break of the ball a few times plus we have to bear in mind its our first competitive game since march

We won 1-0 today. Got the 3 points Didn't come under any pressure. Did greegs even make a save? Maybe 1 which was routine.
We had to scrap in the 2nd half.
But this is just not good enough

I think it stems from the fact that you know that if you drop points celtic will punish you. To win this league we will probably need the guts of 100 points due to the dross in the league. That means there is very little margin for error

Terrible patter, nothing to do with ‘happy clappers’, up your game, there was absolutely no danger today but folk are desperate to create it, if today was carried out by a Walter Smith team no one would bat an eyelid.

Yeah Tags do you know why that is? It’s because Walters teams actually won things and showed they could grind out results over the course of a season and not just till the new year.

To say there’s no danger at 1-0 is complete and utter bollocks and you know it. Doesn’t matter how good your team are, there’s always danger with a 1 goal lead. I’m not surprised to see you upset though because you’re far too comfortable and far too upbeat about a team that’s struggled to even come close to winning anything of note. It was the same last season too, even when we were in absolute free fall.

We could have had 5 other clear goal-scoring chances if Hagi mainly and there was one where Kent hit it off Alfie's back heel. But any other day one or two of them come off. I think it will come together. But as we all know, we probably need 2 or 3 quality players in the door.
Totally need reinforcements.

another day more come off. That is true, but we’ve been saying that for years

I am focussing on what happened in today’s game and we struggled to create chances and break down a below average Aberdeen team. Wasteful in the final 3rd and instead of bringing the game to them, we relied on playing counter attacking football.

Well what you wrote there is focusing on your interpretation of the game. Discussing fans being in the stands in your previous post doesn't.

I'm struggling with the criticism of us failing to create whilst also being wasteful. That seems inherently contradictory to me. We did create chances today, enough to win the game. So I'd agree with wasteful but not failing to create.

We were sat in the same defensive shape throughout the game. We were blocking off passing channels because we know Aberdeen are shite when they're asked to play football, which they showed. The thing they would have loved the most was for us to try and continually press them high so they could lob it into the channels. Our defensive set-up was successful today as Aberdeen created nothing of note.

Who? Let’s hear your views on who is wrong:)

I’m currently engaging with someone on Twitter that claims he would take £10 million for Morelos based on today because
  1. He’s a little prick
  2. He is unprofessional
  3. He is overweight
  4. He is off the pace
  5. He is uninterested
This despite the fact Morelos set up the match winning goal and traits I very much doubt Gerrard would stand for if true.

This myth of Morelos being uninterested seems to be the buzz phrase of the Rangers zoomer at the moment.

our fans addicted to drama!?!
with three pages and nearly 100 posts in half an hour what makes you say that :D

I think it stems from the fact that you know that if you drop points celtic will punish you. To win this league we will probably need the guts of 100 points due to the dross in the league. That means there is very little margin for error

No errors today and we currently are 3 points closer to that total.

I

Well said. I'd take 38 performances and wins like that in the league if that's what it takes to win it.

Lol at the responses here, clearly a win at probably the most difficult venue out with the piggery just isn’t enough.

It’s probably better our fans are kept out for a while if we’re this jumpy when we win.

So Aribo's one off the line with few minutes remaining wasn't a chance?

Of course, but it was another example of us being utterly wasteful. The last defends leaves Morelos to cover the goal line, if Aribo slip the pass to Morelos he takes out the keeper and leaves him with a tap in. We need to start making these count, we’ve all seen where it leads.

This season will be unique it strikes me people aren't factoring that in.

The other thing is considering the gap they've had and the spending power they have we should finish runners up.

I'm reading on this post we played counter attacking football....er Aberdeen were always going to push forward as the game went on but we by and large controlled the game.

Tags is right people are pre-programmed to be underwhelmed.

We invited more pressure than I’d have liked but we were saying at the end of the game - that’s a trip to Pittodrie out of the way with 3 points on the board, no injuries and no red cards.

An observation would be that for a lot of possession in the first half, we should have had more goals to show for it. We need to tighten the screw and capacity lose on domination much better.

All told, a decent days work.

All what you say is true but we didn’t kill game even though we dominated. All it takes is one slip

This, pretty much. I'm not being dramatic. I'm happy. And agree some of our fans do have a propensity to moan. But I do think if our next 5 games all went like today, we'd end up dropping un-neccessary points in at least 1 of them. I do understand that concern.

Back