Morelos

Thought he was good again today.
His link up play all through pre season and today has been much better than previous seasons.
Wish we could keep him.

He's agreed terms with another club his replacement should have already been here.
needs to get himself fit and lose weight.

Dont know if hus heads turned ir not mack fit but stll looking s bit off the pace. Did put in some good passes.
More involved today than any game he played last year - statistically. Won the most free kicks all day. Looked pretty happy to see us score.

He’ll be fine while he’s here. And if not, the manager won’t play him.

He was excellent today. The difference when he doesn’t play is huge. Such a huge focal point for the team.

He didn't do anything wrong, connected well with other forwards, dropped a bit deeper than usualdue to the deep defensive line of Aberdeen - avoided giving refs an opportunity to book him.

Great play in the build up to the goal too.

he had a decent game, people are frustrated because of the collapse of the team in the last 2 seasons

imo he needs to be at least half a stone lighter, i honestly think his sharpness and pace are that half second off because of this

his stamina, passing and touch remain very good

again, just an opinion

His link up play was excellent, with a good assist today. I think some people underestimate that part of his game. It’s not just goals he offers, it’s good that we’ve not had to rely on his goals in pre season and this first league game. If he stays in the short term, the goals will come. If he goes we will miss his hold up play as well as his goals!

Thought he played well , kept the head when provoked and worked hard for the team , he's never going to be an Ally Mcoist type goalscorer that a lot of us ( me included ) would love to see again but we try to play a different style of game from back then.

Alfie could have got a hat-trick today and the bashers would still had this thread ready .I knew it would it happen.Am out of this thread.

He’s clearly nowhere near his best but more than contributed today with the vital assist and had a decent game overall.

He’s clearly nowhere near his best but more than contributed today with the vital assist and had a decent game overall.
Not just a vital assist, an assist of a perfect weighted through pass which complimented Kent nicely. We have a top drawer striker in Morelos, who has more than just goals to his game.

I thought he was poor .Lying too deep and apart from a couple of good lay offs didnt do much.
A shadow of the player who was f*ckng brilliant before the winter lockdown.
Very true. How many has our lone striker scored since winter break ? Obv not including lockdown

Boyd made a good point, sometimes it just depends on the player, it took him a few games to get up and running and thinking back to last season in the europa qualifiers he was never overly outstanding first game back, might just take a couple of games to get up and running again, if he’s still here. I thought he played well dropping deep confusing the cb’s with his positioning, and it’s the same way he’s played against Aberdeen a few times now. Good assist for Kent’s goal as well.

Alfie could have got a hat-trick today and the bashers would still had this thread ready .I knew it would it happen.Am out of this thread.

gers fans would be criticising AM if he had scored 3 today?

don't post absolute garbage

I actually thought he played well today

Decision to play him deeper was influential in the goal.

I would have taken him off from around 70 and asked a runner to close their centre half’s down a bit more

He still has a place in this club, he is a very clever player not showy just plays football, with a good skill level with now, a correct approach to physical contact. We should keep him, further, his development and maybe next year sell.

Was weird hearing the criticism from the pundits as a montage of a number of good things he done in the game was playing in the background. Maybe not at his best but had plenty of very good moments linking up with Hagi/Kent and Aribo.

Being critical he maybe dropped deep a bit too often rather than trying to get into more dangerous areas, but all in all thought he put in a solid performance plus also got a good assist for the winner.

Looks unfit
Never shirked never looked at the races though
Love the wee guy but we need better

Looks unfit
Never shirked never looked at the races though
Love the wee guy but we need better

his stamina remains and can complete a game without struggling, BUT he is lacking that half yard of pace imo

He was fine today. As per Sky, he had more touches today than any other game last year. Also a good assist for the goal. Yes he’ll likely be away soon, however there was no impact on his performance today.

People are trying to look too hard for issues.

I love Alfredo and we’ll miss him when he’s gone. Until then Bears let’s enjoy a talent who I have every confidence will make it at a much higher level than Scotland.

it's the collapse of the team after being in the title race (for 2 seasons) at new year that is concerning fans and AM has been a part of the collapse

His touch and passing was off at at times but its the first competitive game of the season and he set up the first goal which got us 3 points.

I do think he will be away soon though.

I thought Alfie was fine. Set up the winner occupied their defence won fouls. Not at his best but the "clearly his head his turned" chat is nonsense

Back