Balogun - Solid Nigerian steel

I said on his signing thread that he was never here to play back-up to Edmundson. Balogun was playing a league or two above the level GE arrived from.

Looked great today. Won everything in the air without really being up against much. Showed great pace, looks like a great addition.

His turn of pace to nullify the sheep counter was impressive.

He and Goldson looked quite comfortable but as pointed out the sheep are a horrendous footballing outfit

Very solid performance, only thing I thought he done wrong was ping a pass across field to Tav that was 5 yards behind him

Bit of Bougherra about him at times. Which is a good thing I think.

watching him in the first half bombing down the left wing, sometimes that’s what you need to unsettle a team that’s parking the bus.

He can carry the ball into, and even beyond, midfield too to create more space for others. Something we were desperately missing last season. Outstanding today.

Solid debut by the big man!

Him and Goldson responded well to the Highland league tactics of the Sheep. That wee schoolboy striker won nothing all game.

We badly needed a centre back who can run forward with the ball even 10 or 15 yards to beat the 1st line of the opposition press. Goldson can but doesn't do it enough. Far too often we let teams get set with their full team behind the ball.

He was excellent today albeit not tested a great deal. But what he had to deal with he did very well. Seems assured and experienced. His pace in particular was an unexpected bonus and could prove to be a real asset. It’s clear to me that Goldson is our best centre half in terms of consistency and also leadership at the back. But on that showing today, the jersey to partner Goldson is Balogun’s to lose. I like Helander too, he’s a good defender, but he’s got some very stiff competition now, which is great for Rangers. To think we also have Katic and Edmundson it’s clear we are very well off for centre backs.

Looked like he has good pace and whilst aberdeen didn't really test him, good to get him some game time.

Back