Eddie Howe Leaving Bournemouth.

He's done a great job with them but relegation and the end of his tenure was always going to come.

He won't be wanting for good quality job I don't think - deserves one.

Last edited:
I like Howe. I was hoping we’d have gone for him when we went for Warburton.

Done well with limited resources there. Will be interesting to see how his career goes now.

Bigger net spent than Liverpool during his time in the EPL.

I like Howe. I was hoping we’d have gone for him when we went for Warburton.

Done well with limited resources there. Will be interesting to see how his career goes now.
Limited resources?

He spent 20m on Dominik Solanke, 15m Jordan Ibe, 15m on Philip Billing, 25m on Jefferson Lerma, 12m on Benik Afobe, 9m on Lewis Grabban....could go on.

The arse end of 100m quid....

He took Bournemouth as far as they could expect to go. English media do love him tho so no doubt they'll try their best to land him a big job

Real shame for it to end like that but they just dropped like a stone which suggests a change was necessary.

I think he would do really well abroad.

Bigger net spent than Liverpool during his time in the EPL.

Slightly different starting points though.

He has done a great job and will get an EPL or top end Championship job no bother.

Possibly Watford as already suggested.

Think oor Jermain will have a wee smile about that tonight.

Not exactly sure he was Howe's biggest fan:)

Slightly different starting points though.

He has done a great job and will get an EPL or top end Championship job no bother.

Possibly Watford as already suggested.

I have no doubt he will get another job in the EPL. Wether he makes a decent go of it though is a different matter. Most of the players he has signed have flopped and he has still being relyin on the players that brought them up the divisions.

Limited resources?

He spent 20m on Dominik Solanke, 15m Jordan Ibe, 15m on Philip Billing, 25m on Jefferson Lerma, 12m on Benik Afobe, 9m on Lewis Grabban....could go on.

English clubs get over £100 million from Sky so they can afford to buy players

Limited resources?

How are Bournemouth setup / organised do they have a DoF and Scouting chief independent of Eddie Howe ?

Seems a likeable guy; and has taken this club from the depths to a position way beyond their station.
A shame it`s ended this way for both him,(and them); but what a few years it`s been for Bournemouth supporters.... doubtless he`ll be sought after, but I think all football supporters will automatically link his name with this club, no matter where he goes. They`re inextricably linked; and that`s a nice legacy to leave behind.

I have no doubt he will get another job in the EPL. Wether he makes a decent go of it though is a different matter. Most of the players he has signed have flopped and he has still being relyin on the players that brought them up the divisions.
Their net spend will be reflected in the fact they had no one worth selling for big money.

Very hard to survive more than a season in the EPL without spending big.

Backs up how good a job Dyche has done.

He made some good signings too.

Ake
Brooks
Lerma
Wilson
King
Billing
Fraser

They are a League 1 level club and will probably end up back there in a few seasons.

Although they have done well for Bournemouth, and I think that’s why Eddie has such a good rep, no one expects Bournemouth to survive, so whenever they did, it was lauded as a minor miracle. When in reality he has bought some shité, and been left relying on some of his old guard. As above Solanke, Ibe, etc. For the money they have spent, they got very little back from those players.
I wonder if he will get the England U21s or as @Kentbear said Palace, or a championship team? I can’t see any big clubs going for him.

What he achieved in the journey to get them to the Premier League with a lot of the same players was quite incredible.

Their first few seasons in the Premier League were very respectable too.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up

Their net spend will be reflected in the fact they had no one worth selling for big money.

Very hard to survive more than a season in the EPL without spending big.

Backs up how good a job Dyche has done.

He made some good signings too.

Ake
Brooks
Lerma
Wilson
King
Billing
Fraser

They are a League 1 level club and will probably end up back there in a few seasons.

Dyche has set up Burnley defensively sound though, Howe always had Bournemouth far too open and easy to beat imo.

Stayed there far to long he's a bit over rated as well spent fortunes on duds

Over rated?! Good lord.

He's taken an absolute nothing club, a tiny wee diddy seaside town club, from the brink of relegation out of league football to the Premier League in 6 years and kept them there for 4. It's not possible to over rate the job he's done. It's incredible.

Limited resources?

Yep, he ran out of ideas for signings in the end. Coudlnt transition to finding the next level of player.

He looked drained and exhausted in the last few weeks.

Don’t see him jumping straight into another job. Think he needs a break

On paper he looks a great manager. In reality he is not, any manager that refuses to change and adapt is doomed to fail.

An excellent manager that worked miracles with Bournemouth. I thought he should have left a season or two sooner as things did begin to falter towards th end. Hope he ends up at a decent club to really showcase his abilities.

Limited resources?

they spent heavy in the championship as well before promotion iirc.Or heavily for a club of their size and fan base.There is a Russian mega money man behind them I believe so it sort of makes the 'did it on a shoe string'story a bit redundant.
I like him and have no problems with Bournemouth.Must be crippling him though.think I heard today he spent 25 years around that club one way or another

I don't have any great feelings one way or another abut Howe as a manager however choosing Solanke over Defoe definitely smacks of poor judgement.

However should have gone about 18 months ago when his star was high, I dont think there will be many big offers for him

Latest posts

Back