You agree with Zlatan?

I Am Zlatan is an essential read for any football fan and anyone that hasn’t read it can frankly gtf if they opt to abuse the man himself. We need more Zlatans in football.

Agreed, I wasn’t keen on him at all until I read it, changed my opinion somewhat.

His book is one of the best sporting biography I have ever read, I couldn't put it down think I read it over 2 days on holiday.

Brilliant player strong as an ox and always seems to have time and space on the ball

4FuzSfq.gif

His goal against Anderlecht for PSG is probably one of the finest strikes of a ball I've seen.

Disagree. He still had the genius but was blowing out his erse at the end of his time in MLS. Age catches up with us all, even the best of us

He's still doing it no bother in Serie A for an average AC Milan team, he's got plenty of time left.

His goal for Ajax v NAC Breda was incredible, don’t know how to post a video but it was Maradona stuff. For Such a big guy his close control is incredible

The guy is incredible.

38 years old, he's completely changed his game and is still genuine world class. Now plays much more like a target man, physically dominates top level defenders and still scores at a ridiculous rate.
Some player but he is a hairy arsed 38.

Love his chat. Not sure he takes himself that seriously, think it’s just patter. And he can back it up with his career record.

Played for Ajax, Inter, AC, Juve, Barca, Man U and PSG. MLS was the only diddy league or club since he left Malmo.

Scored 284 in 355 since the season he turned 30 in the October. That’s incredible.

He came over here and made a big deal about how he had always fancied a crack at the MLS and wanted to play for the Galaxy in particular. But he had obviously not done his research because the Galaxy were in a horrible state post Bruce Arena and were/are completely shite. He then spent eighteen months complaining about how shite everything about MLS is - players, referees, the play-off system - which was always in place - and travel arrangements (on this he was 100% correct btw) berating his own teammates in front of the fans, throwing his arms up in the air when he misscontrolled a pass and skulking off in the huff after defeats.

But he was f**king incredible while he was here. His legs were gone when he arrived but his skill, vision, agility, sheer physical power and burning desire drove him on to get it right up everyone around him by scoring a shitload of goals, quite a few of them utterly spectacular and will be included in video compilations long after we are all gone.

I've never seen a player of that age with such a chip on his shoulder and I think that is why he is still an elite athlete at the age of almost thirty-nine and three years after having suffered what should have been a career-ending injury at Man Utd.

By the time he left last year, the club, the league, his own teammates, the opponents whom he would grab by the neck and ragdoll just because he was bored and even a lot of his own fans (although they might have pause to reconsider now) were sick of his ego and tantrums and wanted him gone. I think he was great and I'm still gutted that he is away.

As an aside, my best mate over here is a proper Galaxy fan and happens to have a niece with downs syndrome. My mate took her to the training ground and said that Zlatan couldn't have been nicer to her, happily posed for pictures with the wee girl (I've seen the photos and he is beaming in them) and on that day, for a few minutes made her feel so important and special.
Always remembers his roots and makes a point of staying to sign autographs etc. Nice thing that he done there. But not out of character. Some of his goals over there were outrageous. He is the quintessential misunderstood bighead. Love him to bits. Football would be so much better if they all took the time to treat people like your mates daughter so well. Good post and stay safe

Back