Morelos penalty claim

Screenshot-20200802-122038-01.jpg
Screenshot-20200802-121938-01.jpg
Screenshot-20200802-122000-01.jpg
Screenshot-20200802-122008-01.jpg

he could not have asked for a better view of it.

It wasn’t a penalty!

These sorts of threads only dilute genuine grievances against referees.

Can you think of anyone in refereeing, or ex refs, or even part of the media, anyone outside the club i mean, that even cares ? we dont get many if any decisions during the season most think thats what we deserve. No one writes or speaks about it.

Even a small section of our own supporters are trying to convince themselves bias is everywhere in scottish football but refs have decided they want no part of it or refuse to let the tims influence their decision-making. Board seems scared of the issue as press will totally back guys like Madden our ex players need their job to get back into football.

It is also a clear foul a simple decision for any match official he has a better view than any pictures posted or tv coverage. As easy as a snooker ref calling a foul when the white goes in aff.

Can you think of anyone in refereeing, or ex refs, or even part of the media, anyone outside the club i mean, that even cares ? we dont get many if any decisions during the season most think thats what we deserve. No one writes or speaks about it.

Even a small section of our own supporters are trying to convince themselves bias is everywhere in scottish football but refs have decided they want no part of it or refuse to let the tims influence their decision-making. Board seems scared of the issue as press will totally back guys like Madden our ex players need their job to get back into football.

It is also a clear foul a simple decision for any match official he has a better view than any pictures posted or tv coverage. As easy as a snooker ref calling a foul when the white goes in aff.

It wasn’t a foul though. If golf are going to get up in arms about things like that then it will be bad for your blood pressure!

It wasn’t a penalty!

These sorts of threads only dilute genuine grievances against referees.
Daft post. It’s not definitively not a pen and the video evidence shows this. I thought at the time it was a pen, but because there was no real replay or discussion afterwards I assumed I just saw it wrong. But no on the available footage after the match, I was right.

We’ve seen the tv companies repeatedly highlight “controversial” decisions that went for us, that were clearly a correct call and only “controversial” because the media and our opponents repeatedly harp on about it.

It wasn’t a foul though. If golf are going to get up in arms about things like that then it will be bad for your blood pressure!
Post 94. You cannot state your opinion as fact when there is actual video and photo evidence showing the opposite of what you believe. You can argue it is soft if you believe that. You cannot outrightly state it is not a pen when it can clearly be seen the defender makes contact with the player and not the ball.

Daft post. It’s not definitively not a pen and the video evidence shows this. I thought at the time it was a pen, but because there was no real replay or discussion afterwards I assumed I just saw it wrong. But no, I was right.

We’ve seen the tv companies repeatedly highlight “controversial” decisions that went for us, that were clearly a correct call and only “controversial” because the media and our opponents repeatedly harp on about it.

it definitively was not a penalty. I don’t even think Alfredo made much of a claim it was.

Post 94. You cannot state your opinion as fact when there is actual video and photo evidence showing the opposite of what you believe. You can argue it is soft if you believe that. You cannot outrightly state it is not a pen when it can clearly be seen the defender makes contact with the player and not the ball.

contact = penalty? I’m glad that you’re not a referee.

anyone who argues they wouldn’t have been livid if that was given against us is at it.

it definitively was not a penalty. I don’t even think Alfredo made much of a claim it was.
You cannot state that definitively when there is literally physical evidence to the contrary. If you think it’s a soft claim fine, but given the physical evidence your absolute assertions look foolish.

Looked back at the video. You are just telling outright lies about physical evidence again. 3 Rangers players including Morelos clearly appeal for the pen.

Nevermind, just keep denying what all our, including yours, eyes see.

It would have been a soft pen, Wasnt a deft touch either. The ball went away from him before the foul came in.

It could have been given but no complaints it wasnt.

It would have been a soft pen, Wasnt a deft touch either. The ball went away from him before the foul came in.

It could have been given but no complaints it wasnt.
Whilst I disagree with you I admire that you can make an opinion on what is a contentious and debatable decision without stating your opinion is the only one possible, factual conclusion. It is not black and white “not a pen”.

Alfredo clearly appeals to the ref.

In the same manner as he would for a corner he knows isn’t his.

It clearly is not a foul. We make ourselves look irrational by making a fuss out of nothing, it dilutes the argument when we discuss genuine injustice.

Whilst I disagree with you I admire that you can make an opinion on what is a contentious and debatable decision without stating your opinion is the only one possible, factual conclusion. It is not black and white “not a pen”.

Its became a talent to add it in so that my opinion doesnt look like a righteous one. We are all here for the same reason no point biting each others heads off.

In the same manner as he would for a corner he knows isn’t his.

It clearly is not a foul. We make ourselves look irrational by making a fuss out of nothing, it dilutes the argument when we discuss genuine injustice.
Embarrassing. Watch the video. Look at his team mates.

one more thing, if we had VAR and it was applied how it was in England after their restart It would 100% be given as a penalty. 100 times out of 100. Soft or not. Letter of law. Player trips attacker in box without making contact with ball.

one more thing, if we had VAR and it was applied how it was in England after their restart It would 100% be given as a penalty. 100 times out of 100. Soft or not. Letter of law. Player trips attacker in box without making contact with ball.

No it wouldn’t have been given as a penalty, because it was not a foul.

these things are clear but as either it is a foul or it is not, binary decision. Had that given against us in the last minute for Aberdeen we’d have a reason to be upset.

it's a clear penalty. Once again we have useless linesman, referees and 4th officials (since they have been known to get out players carded)

No it wouldn’t have been given as a penalty, because it was not a foul.

these things are clear but as either it is a foul or it is not, binary decision. Had that given against us in the last minute for Aberdeen we’d have a reason to be upset.

what cant you see from the video and stills that everyone else and their granny can?

what cant you see from the video and stills that everyone else and their granny can?

Watch it with the sound up, McCoist says “I don’t think there’s an awful lot in that” at the end, clearly he didn’t see what your granny did.

Watch it with the sound up, McCoist says “I don’t think there’s an awful lot in that” at the end, clearly he didn’t see what your granny did.
Which part isn't a penalty though, could you clear that up?

The lunge when he is a good yard away as Alfredo controls the ball?
The bit where the defender is no where near the ball?
The kick to the calf?
The stamp on the toes?
The push while his foot is on his toe?
Or the bit where as Alfredo continues to try and move forward his foot is trapped and he falls?

You can tell by Ferguson’s reaction alone that it’s a penalty. He freezes, looks up at the ref like a deer in the headlights and even hesitates before realising it’s not been given.

Much like you could tell from Hayes head in hands reaction that it was a straight red by Considine.

Not that you’d need to be watching Aberdeen players when the incidents are so blatant.

The kick to the calf?
The stamp on the toes?
Or the bit where as Alfredo continues to try and move forward his foot is trapped and he falls?

Stone walller by that description.

contact doesn’t mean foul. Are you genuinely saying you’d not have been livid if that was given against us?

Alfredo went down easy as he’d anticipated more contact.

The kick to the calf?
The stamp on the toes?

"Because its just no"

Stone walller by that description.

contact doesn’t mean foul. Are you genuinely saying you’d not have been livid if that was given against us?

Alfredo went down easy as he’d anticipated more contact.
A kick, stamp, push and fall is anticipating more contact?
I hope there are no penalties in the SP this year as it surely means someone has lost a limb at the very least!

I think there is enough evidence in this thread to show its not cut and dried.

There are many fans saying its a clear pen. And there's a second camp saying they dont think it is.

There's one more Bobby Madman in here saying its 100% definitely not, never, no way not in a million years. But the two sides of the debate in here clearly show its not that cut and dried.

There is grounds for a penalty claim, soft or not, as evidenced by the reactions of at least 3 Rangers players on the field, the bench, the video evidence showing there was contact with the man and not the ball, and a sizeable proportion of the fans.

It is not "clearly not a penalty" by any reasonable measure. It is another contentious decision that has gone against us (no clear evidence of improriety, but it definitely at minimum falls in the category of "i've seen them given").

The understandable concern from our fans is that these contentious decisions rarely seem to fall our way, as evidenced by the collection of incidents from last season posted on page 1 or 2.

It is obviously a shades of grey situation and a person on one side of the argument trying to claim the other argument is 100% without merit is pretty daft really.

Do you think that “kick, stamp and push” knocked him over?
Of course, the kick on the calf would give you momentum one way or the other. Granted, in this situation it appears to be the way Morelos is going so it shouldn't have stopped him going on towards the ball, until he tries to lift his foot, but someone is stood on it, so as his body is moving forward (aided by a push in the back) but his foot can not move forward there is very little place to "go", except down.
Second year maths and physics at play here I'd have thought?

Of course, the kick on the calf would give you momentum one way or the other. Granted, in this situation it appears to be the way Morelos is going so it shouldn't have stopped him going on towards the ball, until he tries to lift his foot, but someone is stood on it, so as his body is moving forward (aided by a push in the back) but his foot can not move forward there is very little place to "go", except down.
Second year maths and physics at play here I'd have thought?

Yep, force, momentum etc.

if you think that knocked him over you are just wrong.

Would you be happy to accept that incident leading to a penalty award against Rangers?

Yep, force, momentum etc.

if you think that knocked him over you are just wrong.

Would you be happy to accept that incident leading to a penalty award against Rangers?
Telling various people they are "just wrong" based on something we've both seen on a flat box in a room at best, from a camera a long way off makes you look a bit arrogant and silly in my opinion.
In fact 9 times out of 10 I wouldn't give you the courtesy of even replying, but unless there is another poster with a similar username, I didn't have you down as that kind of poster.
Hopefully you are not taking it out on "the forum" because you're having a pisser of a day.
I hope you are enjoying your sunday!

Anyway, had it happened at the other end, I've no doubt it would have been a penalty, if it happens today, I've no doubt it'll be a penalty.

I wouldn't have been happy had it happened at the other end and Madden blew for a spot kick.
But not because it wasn't a foul, because I want to see consistency.

0_FBL-ENG-FACUP-ARSENAL-CHELSEA.jpg

Is that "enough contact" for you?
Because I don't see any more in that than in the Morelos incident?

Got to say that the bird who was on (and to a lesser extent Craig Gordon) were more praising of our performance today than many on here.
Watched it again this morning and we were much more comfortable than I felt at the time. I guess that's what nerves can do to you
Centre Backs could've played in slippers but we didn't get enough from full-backs going forward.
A 6/10 performance

Watched it again this morning and we were much more comfortable than I felt at the time. I guess that's what nerves can do to you
Centre Backs could've played in slippers but we didn't get enough from full-backs going forward.
A 6/10 performance

You're a hard man to please mate. ;)

First game of the season, with a clean sheet at Pittodrie, gets a 7.5/10 from me.

Telling various people they are "just wrong" based on something we've both seen on a flat box in a room at best, from a camera a long way off makes you look a bit arrogant and silly in my opinion.
In fact 9 times out of 10 I wouldn't give you the courtesy of even replying, but unless there is another poster with a similar username, I didn't have you down as that kind of poster.
Hopefully you are not taking it out on "the forum" because you're having a pisser of a day.
I hope you are enjoying your sunday!

Anyway, had it happened at the other end, I've no doubt it would have been a penalty, if it happens today, I've no doubt it'll be a penalty.

I wouldn't have been happy had it happened at the other end and Madden blew for a spot kick.
But not because it wasn't a foul, because I want to see consistency.

0_FBL-ENG-FACUP-ARSENAL-CHELSEA.jpg

Is that "enough contact" for you?
Because I don't see any more in that than in the Morelos incident?

fair enough. I’m not trying to be a dick, just very clear in the view that it wasn’t a foul. I think that when we moan about incidents that weren’t injustices it has a boy that cried wolf effect on the many genuine things we have to complain about.

Contact doesn’t equal foul, that’s all I’m saying. You therefore can’t take a still (of a completely different incident) to prove it was a foul.

Your answer to would it have been a foul in our box doesn’t make much sense. Ignoring the fact it wasn’t given, what’s the answer to that? The best way to have consistency I’m referring is for the referee to apply the laws of the game fairly, which Madden did in this situation.

We had a better claim for a penalty with the tug on Goldson, which would still have been soft in my view.

Back