£6M for the pair?

dh1963

The Sun claiming we paid £3.5m for Roofe and £2.5m for Itten.

No idea how accurate that is, but if it is true that is absolutely amazing value for money. All that's missing is Ross Wilson in a Dick Turpin mask.
2 proven goalscorers at a good level for not much more than we paid for the 2 Mexicans in 2017.

Any ITK posters able to confirm or rubbish it?

Bearing in mind The Sun claimed literally just hours beforehand that Kamberi had rejected us, and last week we were 48 hours away from signing Zungu. I really wouldn’t take any notice of anything they have to say. They are utterly clueless and have no inside info whatsoever.

Even by their standards they’ve embarrassed themselves this past 24 hours.

Why are some taking notice of what any paper says. It must be obvious to all that the media are out the loop as far as Rangers are concerned. Everything will be on here before the press get it.

On H&H earlier, David mentioned that Itten was out of contract next summer so that would affect the price downward.

Be a real bargain if we got both these players for £6m and might mean a few more pleasant surprises when Alfie moves on.

Standard media tactics of downplay Rangers transfer fees while heralding Celtic for spending 3 times what they’ve actually paid because we’re pure skint and sevco

It has been suggested that Itten had a £2.7m release clause. £3,5m for Roofe is possible, there were reports last week that they were needing to sell due to financial issues

I am wont believe anything untill 3 names gives an inside scoop on on it.over the next day or so he was claiming we were taking 6 million for Alfie as we had 3 million in wages to pay giving".mr let's go " 1.5 /2mill to spend .

He still seems to have an Ibrox mole .. they are buried so deep they can't get anything right out to him !

No idea how accurate that is, but if it is true that is absolutely amazing value for money. All that's missing is Ross Wilson in a Dick Turpin mask.
2 proven goalscorers at a good level for not much more than we paid for the 2 Mexicans in 2017.

Your post is good but I'd leave the ITK out of this.

Thankfully the club has less leaks these days and signings are coming in more under the radar.

I have a mate in Belgium who is a big Anderlecht fan. He rates Roofe, and Luc knows his stuff. Sounds like a good deal for Rangers. Don`t know the other guy.

I'd suggest the sun know %^*& all
This. The *** know nothing, sh!t stirrers

I thought it was £5 Million Roofe and £4.5 Million for Itten total £9.5 Million , if we got them for £6 Million what a steal.
This was my understanding too but we will never know. I love how the club has acted with transfers since Ross Wilson has joined. Very rarely a leak and often announced first hand by the club.

Long may it continue.

It has been suggested that Itten had a £2.7m release clause. £3,5m for Roofe is possible, there were reports last week that they were needing to sell due to financial issues

This is my understanding as well. Not that, that means its correct of course

That's what the reports out of Switzerland and Belgium are I'd believe them over any Scottish paper bargain signings leaves plenty of the Morelos money to spend if it comes in

They will downplay the fees as they and all their tim mates cant bare to think that we have money to spend. It absolutely kills them.

They will downplay the fees as they and all their tim mates cant bare to think that we have money to spend. It absolutely kills them.
Downplaying the fees makes it look like an even better piece of business by the club.

We all know they’ll be overstating fees when that lot need to sell off another “superstar” when they inevitably miss out on the champions league and have to balance the books.

Most larger transfers these days are usually basic down payments, with instalments and add ons over the course of a contract, dependant on games, caps, silverware, etc. Not to mention sell on fees at resale. Quite likely the final cost of a transfer is never truly known until the player leaves the club in years to come.

Easier for the tabloids just to hazard an estimate with a nice round figure.

Sky saying Itten was £2.7m as that was his release clause. Transfermarkt saying £4.5m for Roofe. No idea if either is accurate and I’m not even close to ITK. If they’re correct £7.2m in total. The release clause seems too specific for it to be a guess so I’m inclined to believe that.

The Record know as much about our transfer fees as I do about quantum physics.
We paid £1m up front as out initial instalment for Hagi did we not?
They know nothing, if anything and because it's them I'd say we've paid less

Year left on Itten's deal though
Sky saying Itten was £2.7m as that was his release clause. Transfermarkt saying £4.5m for Roofe. No idea if either is accurate and I’m not even close to ITK. If they’re correct £7.2m in total. The release clause seems too specific for it to be a guess so I’m inclined to believe that.

this is similar to what ill phil is saying maybe they just smudged the numbers a bit so it wasnt obvious they just copied him

It won't be long until the scum media turn to the failed social worker for their titbits on Rangers.

They really are that far out the loop.

Unfortunately, I read we have spent just enough to trigger a Financial Fair Play investigation and an Insolvency event.

Tbf £2.7m is just €3m so they could have been guessing around that area

A simple appeal to common sense would tell you that there is no way in hell that Rangers got both strikers for £6m.

Back