The Recruitment Team

UpStepsTheHammer

Official Ticketer
They deserve so much credit for the business we’ve done so far this summer.

- Knocked about £2m off the Hagi price
- Oh Katic is out? Here’s a free transfer you can drop in away to Aberdeen and he’ll stroll it no bother
-Morelos might be away? Here’s two forwards with different skillsets we can use depending on the game plan/opposition weaknesses. And btw the two of them combined cost less than half what Alfie will go for

Might be getting ahead of myself but I’m so excited about the direction we’re moving in as a club.

That’s plenty.

We’ve played one league game this season.

Judgement will be next summer when we review the seasons performance.

It does look like we will have exciting times this season but no reason in getting ahead of ourselves.

I see two new forwards arrive in one day, I get excited ha. Doesn’t mean you’re wrong about judging them at the end of the year

Proof will be in the pudding.

Big questions marks regarding their recruitment previously. This seasons looks good on paper.

Judgment will be made after a few months not a few hours. We need instant success with these two not projects at this stage.

True, they’re at ages where they should be making an impact straight away. Time will tell ultimately but on paper it’s looking good

Definitely need to wait to see what the outcome on the park is but certainly feel that the new recruitment team are a lot better at negotiating fees etc as soon by the Hagi deal and bring in a replacement for Katic on a free.

I think they are playing a blinder at the moment. Hagi, the star of the U21s 2yrs ago, is ours for a cut price deal. If that was before we would have paid the same as agreed, or possibly not even had a sniff of him.
Now we have Roofe, who is a well known player from the top end of the English championship only 18 months ago, for less than Anderlecht paid for him. I’m liking the cut of Ross’s jib.

Agree with the OP. We need a hard midfielder or a creative midfielder or both? Of the two I think the former is more required especially in the hammer thrower league we are in.

Ross Wilson is a cut above. There's no doubt.

Credit to Andy Scoulding and the rest of the lads too.

They're not infallible, they'll make mistakes but I'll wager they get more right than wrong.

Agree with the OP. We need a hard midfielder or a creative midfielder or both? Of the two I think the former is more required especially in the hammer thrower league we are in.

I think it’ll be a tough position to fill. Needs to be putting up decent tackle/interception numbers but also way more adventurous in his passing than Davis or Kamara. And willing to come to Scotland, and available for around £5m.

Things are moving forward at pace, now we need the DOF and his staff to move on those who will not make it at Ibrox, to help pay for the new recruits, we may need in this widow.

Signing Alfie's replacements before selling him is a masterstroke, we can't be held to ransom on fee's now with clubs knowning X amount of millions are in our pocket.

Signing Alfie's replacements before selling him is a masterstroke, we can't be held to ransom on fee's now with clubs knowning X amount of millions are in our pocket.
You can look at it both ways. Clubs know if we’re buying a striker it is to replace Alfie so could bump their price up anyway as they’ll think we must have a sale lined up. And now it is more obvious we have to sell to balance the books so Lille might play hard ball on Alfie’s fee - unless we can get other clubs interested and there are multiple bids.

Either way you do it though you’re exposed. The team have done a really good job negotiating the deals if the quoted figures are right. And done it quietly. Now they just have to get us what Alfie is worth so we can use the extra cash to bolster the remaining areas of need.

We are operating at a different level compared to the last decade or so.

- Oh Katic is out? Here’s a free transfer you can drop in away to Aberdeen and he’ll stroll it no bother
-Morelos might be away? Here’s two forwards with different skillsets we can use depending on the game plan/opposition weaknesses. And btw the two of them combined cost less than half what Alfie will go for

Might be getting ahead of myself but I’m so excited about the direction we’re moving in as a club.
And the manner of how they have conducted business privately and confidentially. Refreshing

Just about everyone on this forum seems to know how much we have to spend on players. I really wish they would tell me as I haven't a clue. We have the mhedeia telling us that we are skint and that we can't afford to keep the lights on and some ITK posters on here saying that we have lots of money. So, who is right? Are we buying players on Hire Purchase or using some rich dude's AmEx card or even asking for a higher limit on Visa?

Until the Board show us the financial statements we, and I mean all of us, haven't a clue

While I appreciate these are massive signings Alfie's boots are big boots to fill, we can only hope that our signings live up to our expectations.

You can look at it both ways. Clubs know if we’re buying a striker it is to replace Alfie so could bump their price up anyway as they’ll think we must have a sale lined up. And now it is more obvious we have to sell to balance the books so Lille might play hard ball on Alfie’s fee - unless we can get other clubs interested and there are multiple bids.

Either way you do it though you’re exposed. The team have done a really good job negotiating the deals if the quoted figures are right. And done it quietly. Now they just have to get us what Alfie is worth so we can use the extra cash to bolster the remaining areas of need.

We are operating at a different level compared to the last decade or so.

It's a fair point, I definitely believe it's beneficial to do the purchasing first. Undisclosed fee's allows us to leave it a bit murky, we could of got both players anywhere from £6-£10m combined
Lille or any buying clubs will have to operate in the uncertainty that if the price was at the lower end of that range, then selling Alfie could potentially require less haste and we can hold out until the bigger leagues become active in this transfer window.

Do you play Alfie tonight? Could score a brace and help us progress against all odds, or do a cruciate and derail our financial blueprint.

Wholly agree we are operating at a much improved level.

Reactions: W78

It’s exciting, but let’s wait & see how the players actually perform before dishing out the adulation.

It’s exciting, but let’s wait & see how the players actually perform before dishing out the adulation.
Surely how the players perform is now on Gerrard and his coaches to get the best out of their talents? The recruitment team have done their bit by identifying the players, and negotiating deals.

Back