Steven Fletcher to them agreed - Rhecord

An almost 38 year old Defoe is not superior to a 33yo Fletcher imo.

You are talking nonsense mate, Defoe has been a fitness fanatic since he was a young guy and his actual body age and fitness is that of a player much younger. Fletcher is nowhere near the same level of athlete that Defoe is.

You are talking nonsense mate, Defoe has been a fitness fanatic since he was a young guy and his actual body age and fitness is that of a player much younger. Fletcher is nowhere near the same level of athlete that Defoe is.
He is about 5 years younger though. At some point age becomes the determining factor.

He is about 5 years younger though. At some point age becomes the determining factor.

Defoe played at a far superior level and was a far better player. He is also fitter and quicker.
Fletcher is your typical Scottish player and even a 5 year older Defoe even with his deterioration as he gets older, is still at a higher level than Fletcher has ever reached.
If I was a Celtic fan I would be very concerned with this signing. It is lazy and unimaginative, it is similar to when we signed Beattie or Jeffers.

If it was us that he was coming too this board would be in meltdown, but he's going to the tims and that means we have people on here trying to justify it and make it out to be a good signing.
That's what makes me wonder sometimes on here.

Defoe played at a far superior level and was a far better player. He is also fitter and quicker.
Fletcher is your typical Scottish player and even a 5 year older Defoe even with his deterioration as he gets older, is still at a higher level than Fletcher has ever reached.
If I was a Celtic fan I would be very concerned with this signing. It is lazy and unimaginative, it is similar to when we signed Beattie or Jeffers.
Unfortunately it sounds as if the deal is now off.

Big tim in my work says deal is off. Lennon and player wanted it but Lawwell has pulled it off the table. %^*& knows

Any word on kerryfail to why it’s off or are they just being deluded that they are now going to spend billions ?

Hopefully he will take his Burnley form to the Dome - 0 goals in 35 games.

No wonder Sunderland are in such a bad state - Bain paid £12m for him and then he left on a Free Transfer.

No wonder Sunderland are in such a bad state - Bain paid £12m for him and then he left on a Free Transfer.

The deal is off, he won't be taking any form to the Glitter Dome.

1 in 2 last season for a bottom half championship team. Far from terrible. Not a good long term signing, but could have a big role to play this year and next. Hopefully the Rumours of his demise are true as this is a guy who ddI bang in goals for a very poor Sunderland team in the prem, albeit many years ago.

I am work just now guy who works with me confirmed above school and that he was a bear when he was younger

I am work just now guy who works with me confirmed above school and that he was a bear when he was younger
I met him in Marbella years ago and he told me he was a Liverpool fan but all his mum's family were Rangers fans.

Not disputing what your mate is saying but that is what he told me.

Not that it's important but he scored 8 in 35 for Burnley.

He's not actually "Pish", "Rubbish" or "useless", was really good last season for The Wednesday apart from his injuries.... i get it he's linked with the scum but to label him these things is well just lazy,,,,on another note glad we have signed better with the 2 lads though :)

Back