Sheep to lose 8 players - Game vs St Johnstone Now Off

Not sure that's fair, as much as I despise the sheep.

What if the idiots that were at the pub passed it on to their team mates. It then spreads from one idiot at the pub to 7 players. I cant see how thats fair to punish the club for one idiot.

The sensible option is for the game to be called off.

A more difficult question is, how many players be missing before a game is called off. Is it 2 first team players? 6? 8?

The players were told not to go out into areas like that. They’ve breached the SFA rules, they should be punished.

The logical choice would be to award 3-0 wins to those next 3 opponents

might benefit is a sceptic normally take 5 or 6 off them

I think opening up this door is a mistake, personally.

If the Aberdeen players who didn't test positive thought that confessing would cost them games, they would just keep quiet and hope for the best.

Then all it takes is one false negative and there's a player passing it on in games, which could happen anyway but at least this way minimises that risk.

The SPFL will just have to figure it out in terms of fixtures.

I see people are saying that they will make Aberdeen play Celtic even with the 8 players missing.

I can’t see them doing this. Even though we know how corrupt they are, surely, SURELY, they can’t be that openly corrupt that they would do that!?

Of course it won’t, got to give the tainted ones the opportunity to rack up the goal difference.
True, but Aberdeen should face some sort of punishment, monetary probably, for their players irresponsible behaviour.

Internally, the players should have their balls kicked and their salaries docked at the very least.

I see people are saying that they will make Aberdeen play Celtic even with the 8 players missing.

I can’t see them doing this. Even though we know how corrupt they are, surely, SURELY, they can’t be that openly corrupt that they would do that!?

Celtic will be putting a lot of pressure on to get the match played. Chance to rack up goal difference and prevent themselves ending up with a game in a hand meaning playing catch up every week.

I think opening up this door is a mistake, personally.

If the Aberdeen players who didn't test positive thought that confessing would cost them games, they would just keep quiet and hope for the best.

Then all it takes is one false negative and there's a player passing it on in games, which could happen anyway but at least this way minimises that risk.

The SPFL will just have to figure it out in terms of fixtures.
They don’t ask the players if they have COVID. They get tested twice a week.

The problem is opening the pubs and restaurants in the first place I have worked in both places over the years and good hygiene amongst some staff is non-existent.

Back up the ST. J and Celtic games for them, will possibly benefit us down the line as they have to cram it in.

I take it you reckon them playing us at the Dome on Game 11 was randomly picked by the computer?

I can see them getting a points deduction, sturgeon is furious and the SPFL will be under pressure to take action

They don’t ask the players if they have COVID. They get tested twice a week.

I believe the number of tests has dropped from when it started, but I could be wrong.

But that misses my point. One poor test that doesn't catch it causes an issue. If the player feels he has to hide what he done because the team will lose points, we're more at risk of that being an issue.

Your second paragraph still appears to be saying they are quarantined because they were stupid. Nobody is arguing that they weren't stupid. However, that's not why they are in quarantine. You don't get put in quarantine for being stupid or there would be nobody left. They are in quarantine because they were in contact with someone who tested positive. Its as simple as that. On another day that infection could have come from another, entirely un-stupid, source and the same thing would be happening.

We are all laughing because its the Sheep and I get that. The implications though go much further.

We could argue all day on it, they are in quarantine because they were in close contact with someone who has it, that much is true, the bottom line is though, they caught it from someone in a crowded bar, there’s being cautious and there’s being reckless, I tend to think being cautious and avoiding crowded bars would be the sensible option, unfortunately the sheepshaggers took the reckless option and paid the price.

From the Daily Rebel link posted earlier, to save on the hits....

Aberdeen's clash with St Johnstone is off after a 11th hour U-turn from Nicola Sturgeon.

Health experts suspect more players may be carrying Covid but haven’t been identified by testing which would then put St Johnstone at risk with players still in the incubation period.

It comes after eight players have been forced into isolation after a team night out in Aberdeen with the city now in lockdown after a surge in cases.

The Pittodrie side feared the Government would still step in and call off Saturday’s live televised Premiership clash at McDiarmid Park, with the midweek Hmailton clash under threat, but the tussle with Celtic on August 15 will go ahead, but the Dons will still be without the eight players in isolation.

According to the record the Hamilton game will be off aswell but the celtic game will go ahead with Aberdeen without 8 players, the goal difference will be through the roof

If that happens you’d be as well just calling the season just now.
So 11 teams will follow one set of rules but the other team have their own?

That would be absolutely blatant and would rightly be called out

The problem is opening the pubs and restaurants in the first place I have worked in both places over the years and good hygiene amongst some staff is non-existent.
The problem is professional football players thinking they can do what the %^*& they like and screw the rest of the league and teams mates etc

We could argue all day on it, they are in quarantine because they were in close contact with someone who has it, that much is true, the bottom line is though, they caught it from someone in a crowded bar, there’s being cautious and there’s being reckless, I tend to think being cautious and avoiding crowded bars would be the sensible option, unfortunately the sheepshaggers took the reckless option and paid the price.

Don't get me wrong (as per the added sentence on my last post), I'm all in favour of punishing the players by hitting them in the pocket. Forfeiting games or making the club play the kids is not, in my view, appropriate.

Sturgeon is slaughtering the 8 players.

Hugely embarrassing for Abermutton.

This is the club remember who were bleating about losing upwards of 10m pounds....

They’ve surely set their own precedent here by cancelling the game this weekend. They can’t then force Aberdeen to play with the same players missing against Celtic.

From the Daily Rebel link posted earlier, to save on the hits....

Aberdeen's clash with St Johnstone is off after a 11th hour U-turn from Nicola Sturgeon.

Health experts suspect more players may be carrying Covid but haven’t been identified by testing which would then put St Johnstone at risk with players still in the incubation period.

It comes after eight players have been forced into isolation after a team night out in Aberdeen with the city now in lockdown after a surge in cases.

The Pittodrie side feared the Government would still step in and call off Saturday’s live televised Premiership clash at McDiarmid Park, with the midweek Hmailton clash under threat, but the tussle with Celtic on August 15 will go ahead, but the Dons will still be without the eight players in isolation.
Until there's an official announcement, I'll treat that as clickbait garbage like everything else that dying company puts out.

Listening to what Sturgeon said today, they won't take any risk playing games if a team has had infections. If they were to cancel the first 2 matches but not the celtic game within the same quarantine window, it would be beyond ridiculous even for the SPFL

Looks like no decision has been made yet on any game after St Johnstone. Krankie having a go at the players on the briefing, if this happens at another club they’ll end up pulling the whole thing I reckon.

“Broke the rules” so they’ve been told not to go out. If there’s not a punishment here involving points or forfeits then it’s a farce.

St J will be rightly raging if they get fucked over here. Same goes for Hamilton and unfortunately the rats.

If Aberdeen vs celtic gets played and the others postponed we may as well just gift celtic the title. What did we expect to happen when we our board meekly surrendered the title last year?
Honestly mate. What is it with some on here. An incident that has absolutely nothing to do with us, but somehow you've managed to slate the Rangers board.

Incase you missed it, hearts and partick got relegated and fined. They had a far stronger case than we ever did.

Just saw Sturgeon's comments. She absolutely tore them apart. What an embarrassment for Aberdeen & Scottish Football.

She also noted the obligation of the club to make sure their players follow the guidelines so rest assured club based punishments are an option here.

“Broke the rules” so they’ve been told not to go out. If there’s not a punishment here involving points or forfeits then it’s a farce.

St J will be rightly raging if they get fucked over here. Same goes for Hamilton and unfortunately the rats.

The season wont last.

However, this could happen to us.

The whole point in clubs getting treated different to the general public is because they are part of a 'sporting bubble' which includes testing twice a week which is meant to stop the need for a whole squad having to isolate if someone catches it.

If they venture out of that 'bubble' by going to a packed bar that is ground zero for a local outbreak then they will be treated different.

Still don't think they should have to play the games. That's up to the spfl not the government.

Shouldn’t have to play games as it’s not sporting but the club and players should be heavily fined if they have failed to follow agreed protocol.

I imagine part of the agreement to allow football to start again was that the players would not be mixing in large crowds/going to pubs etc...

They are getting tested more often than the NHS front line workers, you'd think they would show the tiniest bit of responsibility. Self centred entitled ar*eholes

2 of their players appear to have caught it in the Bar (one confirmed, one initially positive and waiting on 2nd test results). The other 6 weren't in the Bar, but were in the same training bubble, so trained with the muppet who has been confirmed positive and have to be placed in 14 day isolation.

Those 6 players are innocent of doing anything wrong and were just unfortunate that they were in the same training bubble as the muppet.

I would imagine that they will also be somewhat less than pleased with the muppets who went to the bar.

Honestly mate. What is it with some on here. An incident that has absolutely nothing to do with us, but somehow you've managed to slate the Rangers board.

Incase you missed it, hearts and partick got relegated and fined. They had a far stronger case than we ever did.

'we will not be found wanting', the rangers boards own words. I was responding to the rumour that the Aberdeen vs celtic game will be going ahead, so it does affect us.

There now needs to be put in place government backed advice on what happens if it occurs again . For example ‘if x amount of players get told to self isolate then game postponed’ for example 3. Then it’s clear and everyone knows where they stand. It can’t be left to the spfl discretion on every match . We know who that will favour . Make it clear now and no one can complain . Obv need to prove someone close has a positive test. Otherwise clubs could just make it out if they have a suspension or injury crisis

All getting a bit silly now. Yes the players in question probably as professionals should not be at the pub. However for Sturgeon to come out and say it's terrible their behaviour, shocking from people in their position and all that malarkey gies peace. More than half the population probably not adhering to total social distancing any more if they ever were. And I really doubt anyone is doing so at the pub of all places.

Laughable as well that the first positive test in our league and the game is off. In the English championship when it restarted there was positive tests frequently. It was same in prem and not a single game was called off.

Br
Anyone know who the players are? Fine them and the club

Bruce Anderson, the striker who played against us is rumoured to be the one who has been confirmed positive. No idea who the other is, that has tested positive initially. The other 6 appear not to have been in the Bar, but have been isolated due to being in the same training bubble as Anderson on Monday, before he tested positive.

The problem is professional football players thinking they can do what the %^*& they like and screw the rest of the league and teams mates etc

Was inevitable some would go to pubs as would so many others the pubs should be closed.
if she cannot keep care homes safe how can pubs and restaurants be kept safe?

2 of their players appear to have caught it in the Bar (one confirmed, one initially positive and waiting on 2nd test results). The other 6 weren't in the Bar, but were in the same training bubble, so trained with the muppet who has been confirmed positive and have to be placed in 14 day isolation.

Those 6 players are innocent of doing anything wrong and were just unfortunate that they were in the same training bubble as the muppet.

I would imagine that they will also be somewhat less than pleased with the muppets who went to the bar.

According to @sregnar all 8 were in the bar.

Back