The Roofe is ready to go.

St Mirren gave us two really difficult games last season, both dreadful to watch. 1-0 both times.

I don't see Roofe as being anything but a sub today, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them stink the game out again
I’m going 3-0 but totally get where you’re coming from hopefully a lot better viewing than those mentioned but Goodwin does set them up well

Gerrard himself said Roofe was around 10 days behind the rest of the squad fitness wise.

A cameo from the bench today at the most I reckon.

I don't think we will rush Roofe and rightly so.

He's not played a competitive game in 2020 and never really fully recovered from the ankle injury he sustained in the 2019. He had minor knee surgery, the ankle injury and a calf problem in 2019 which crept into 2020.

Not sure what he's played in terms of pre season matches, he did score a few weeks ago against Saint Etienne.

Certainly good to have more forward options and a couple of new boys in who are desperate to play and make an early impression. It will hopefully give Alfredo a kick up the arse to. If he can start scoring might help him get some kind of form/sharpness back even if it only means we get a bit more money for him if/when he leaves. I dont think he would have taken Morelos off on Thursday unless he was planning to start him today.

Roofe & Morelos on the bench, Itten starting is what I'm hoping for. If Alfie starts and performs like he has recently, got that horrible feeling we won't have scored by 70 minutes and then we'll be rushing the new guys on in a panic

He will be on the subs bench along with Alfredo Morelos.
It will be interesting to see who he goes with in midfield.
I want to see either Jack or Davis not play to make us more positive.

Arfield and Kamara will start with Aribo (my guess).

I want the gaffer to go as attacking as we can today.

.........................itten
..kent...............Hagi........Roofe or Arfield
................aribo......jack
Barisic..Balogun..Goldson...tav
......................shagger

Calm down peeps. Manager picks the team, already said it might be too early for Roofe. Neither new boy has trained in the system yet.

hooooold

Desperate to see him but give him a couple of weeks, we rushed Kent in last season and lost him for a month.

We're putting 4 or 5 past these mugs tomorrow.
Would be good for us to really get in amongst the goals today and really give the lads on confidence boost. It’s always good for new players to get the monkey off their back early doors so hopefully Itten gets off the mark and Roofe also, if he gets any time.

No harm to boost the goal difference, regardless how early it is in the season.

I want the gaffer to go as attacking as we can today.

.........................itten
..kent...............Hagi........Roofe or Arfield
................aribo......jack
Barisic..Balogun..Goldson...tav
......................shagger

Thought McGregor was injured?

So? The exact issue we had last year was not going for the jugular with the wee teams.

So we "go for the jugular" and play 2 upfront when St Mirren will likely play 5 in midfield to stiffle us. I would far rather we played 1 CF with a midfield capable or breaking down what will be a very compact and organised lineup from our opponents. They have made a few good additions in the close season and today won't be a walkover.

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic

Arfield Jack

Hagi Aribo Kent

Itten

Really can’t see Itten starting today. The players haven’t trained with him yet so will know little about his movement. Alfie to start today for me

People on here worried about St Mirren at home being a tough game. This is exactly the type of game where we should be scoring early and then running all over teams, exactly like the Tims did against Hamilton last week.

3/4-0 please Rangers.

He will be on the subs bench along with Alfredo Morelos.
It will be interesting to see who he goes with in midfield.
I want to see either Jack or Davis not play to make us more positive.
Agree with Jack, I think Arfield is more positive,Jack I think kills momentum,I don't know if he's carrying an injury,if he is,he should be on the bench. We look a far better team when we've got good pace in there.

People on here worried about St Mirren at home being a tough game. This is exactly the type of game where we should be scoring early and then running all over teams, exactly like the Tims did against Hamilton last week.

3/4-0 please Rangers.
It’s not being worried, it’s being realistic. I think we will win but St Mirren are well drilled and hard to break down. We will do really well to win 4 or 5 - 0

Latest posts

Back