Calvin Bassey

Really powerful player I can see getting minutes at home this season when opposition players are tiring.

We do need to give Borna a rest now and then and he looks more than capable. Plenty of room to develop technically as well.

Will look forward to seeing more of him and save us running Borna into the ground having to play 90mins every week and allow Bassey to learn under him for when Borna gets sold

I loved his attitude and positivity. He was intent on attacking down the right whenever he could. Nice couple of wee step overs too and unlucky not to score.

Some build for a young guy, nobody will be bullying him off the ball!

He was good when he came on - a player that we can really develop into something more. Like the big guy and as Thomson said, he's a machine. He'll be a good option when Barasic isn't there and can just run over the top of some of these diddy team players.

Was very unlucky not to get on the score sheet as well. Alnwick, who was very good today, pulled off a good save.

Looked a lot better today, initial impression was of a clumsy player. Seems a good prospect.

When he cam
Looked a lot better today, initial impression was of a clumsy player. Seems a good prospect.

when he came on during pre season he looked dodgy, then starts the game Dundee Utd beat our b team he was at CH. hope im
Wrong but canny see him making it. See borna or long term injury and have to rely on him. It’s a no for me

When he cam

when he came on during pre season he looked dodgy, then starts the game Dundee Utd beat our b team he was at CH. hope im
Wrong but canny see him making it. See borna or long term injury and have to rely on him. It’s a no for me

well done mate with most ridiculous post of the day and that says something on here

Gerrard did say we would like what we seen with this boy. His first appearance and he does look very promising.

If he is looked after by the staff, i am sure he will do well. Do your best Calvin and stick in

Looks a good modern full back. Fast, strong and comfortable on the ball.

Hopefully will be a good deputy for Barisic although I fear an injury for the main man will cause serious issues

Still has plenty to do in terms of development but was a promising start. Definitely appears to have the physicality and athleticism that will stand him well in the Scottish game, and showed some promising signs on the ball in his appearance today.

As I say, think he still has plenty of work to do, but a promising start and with the right application I believe he can do very well for us.

Really powerful player I can see getting minutes at home this season when opposition players are tiring.

We do need to give Borna a rest now and then and he looks more than capable. Plenty of room to develop technically as well.
The 5 subs will allow him to get more game time I think. Borna might not be happy about that though

Having no fans in the ground will help the younger players settle in faster, think he will turn into a very good player.

He's certainly a unit but he looks like he's got a fair bit of skill to go with it too.
As Thommo said in commentary, he's still a young lad and he's being treated as a "project" but all the signs are good so far.

Would love to have him get a full game soon, think he'll turn out to be a great signing based on the small glimpses I've seen.

Do us a favour and never watch another game of football again mate.

haha you can’t tell me he’s going to be a superstar because he came on against at mirren and managed to put a cross in

Back