Craig Whyte - interesting anecdote re his portrait removal from Ibrox

clubdeckcharlie

Official Ticketer
It is a tradition, in the same vein that Rangers managers have their portraits painted on the wall of the Blue Room, that former Chairman have their portrait / image hung on the corridor wall. When Whyte disgraced his office and subsequently left the club, his portrait was removed from the corridor wall. If you ever find yourself in that part of Ibrox, you will note his omission.

I'm in two minds. On the one hand, they (Somers as well) have no place at Ibrox.

On the other, they are a huge part of our history and we have a history like no other. Perhaps they should stay as a reminder of how dark it got as motivation for it never to happen again.

Perhaps a compromise would be for an empty frame to go in that place. No glory but not forgotten either.

I'm in two minds. On the one hand, they (Somers as well) have no place at Ibrox.

On the other, they are a huge part of our history and we have a history like no other. Perhaps they should stay as a reminder of how dark it got as motivation for it never to happen again.

Perhaps a compromise would be for an empty frame to go in that place. No glory but not forgotten either.

I get your point but no reminder of that fat fucking slug anywhere.

If we ever need a reminder we’ve majorly fucked up somewhere.

It should have been left as a reminder to chairmen that following the future, we don’t need to hide our history from anyone, Whyte is a Charlatan but unfortunately he was still a chairman of our Institution
Nah.

I get what you are saying but Whyte was a crook and should be whitewashed from our history.

I have no problem with good men with best intentions being portrayed within our walls and our history, even if their stay was short and without success, Paul Le Guen for example who is in the managers mural in the Blue Room.

Caixinha should be in there as well

Whyte can fuk off.

Nah.

I get what you are saying but Whyte was a crook and should be whitewashed from our history.

I have no problem with good men with best intentions being portrayed within our walls and our history, even if their stay was short and without success, Paul Le Guen for example who is in the managers mural in the Blue Room.

Caixinha should be in there as well

Whyte can fuk off.
I agree he can go and do one but why would you want to whitewash our history? Leave that to other clubs to deny and hide their past, we don’t need to

It is what it is, If it doesn’t go back up it doesn’t bother me but it shouldn’t have been taken down in my opinion.
He is part of our history yes, and we should never forget that.

His image, portrait or any reference to the man should not be visible within the confines of our home.

No. Being there within Ibrox is an honour. Best place for that crew is the bin.

One of the reason I don’t like the murals in the blue room. We have understandably airbrushed our history. I’d rather we didn’t have any murals tbh.

We shouldn't airbrush our history - lest we forget and all that. Perhaps a cruel caricature with big buck teeth would be a reasonable compromise?
Or one with him wearing a striped Jersey, wearing a mask and carrying a swag bag.

I would agree a few of generations from now when it is more historic it's still far to raw and modern and would be a kick in the balls to the fans that had to put up with the hardship

Murray and White must always be remembered as the rhats that nearly destroyed our club. Seeing their portraits within Ibrox, does leave me with mixed feelings, but yes, keep them there, so we can never forget their betrayal.

Pure scum, the both of them.

Work mate spent ages going through his timeline to ensure he deleted a really cringey Red, Whyte and Blue post when the rat bastard was first appointed.

Back