Jak Alnwick

TQ3

I didn’t realise he was in goal for St Boo, so after about 5 saves or blocks I said to the Mrs “ their goalie is keeping them in it.”
He had a very good game. Even at Alfie’s tap in he got a hand to the cross. Let’s hope he keeps a clean sheet against them midweek.

Always thought he was slightly underrated at us, whenever he came into the team he always did alright (I don’t recall him ever being poor), and when we lost 5-0 to them (which I’ve tried to completely scrub from my memory) it probably would have been far far worse without him making several fantastic saves.

St. Mirren have done well to get him.

Got a feeling he’s got a couple decent moves in his near future. Think he’s 26 or something like that so approaching prime age for a keeper. Can see him back down in England fairly soon.

Got a feeling he’s got a couple decent moves in his near future. Think he’s 26 or something like that so approaching prime age for a keeper. Can see him back down in England fairly soon.
I can see him getting a decent club in the championship if he has a good full season for St boo. The fact he is English will make him more desirable to them too.

He never should have been binned so quickly in my opinion Much prefered him to Foderingham. Great agility.Reminds me a lot of the Late Peter Bonnetti.'The Cat'. He never let us down, and with a decent defence in front of him, he should have gone onto have a better career with us. Oh well.
Bet he gives his all against the Tims.

Decent goalie. Personally would have kept him as back up last season and tried to get a fee for Wes.

Wish him all the best and hope he has a stormer on Wednesday night!

Kills me bro. Stayed to end and got caught on TV as 5th went in and was shared around papes in Falkirk. My reply was simply I was at your ground, you lot were in the pub I’ve been to the piggery more than you

Didn't even realise there was enough of them to fill a pub out your way mate.

Can't be many of them, I wouldn't have thought?

He's a good keeper. Not at the required level to be no.1 for us but definitely better than St. Mirren.

True -- I must admit to being astonished that he didn't get a better move than that.
tbf to St Mirren, it's a helluva good signing they've got there.

I can see him getting a decent club in the championship if he has a good full season for St boo. The fact he is English will make him more desirable to them too.
Thing is, I can't understand is why we let 2 very decent keepers go without a fee. That is poor contract management as far as I am concerned. I know we are doing good business at the other end but Fod could have netted us 500k and Alnwick around £250 -£300 k. Might not seem a lot in the grand scheme of things but it offsets a wage. Having both contracts run out at the same time wasn't ideal.

Reactions: TQ3
I made an arse of it on another thread, people kept talking about him, I never knew he had left us and knew mclaughlin was in, totally confused myself why people were falling about his saves :D

They’ve done well to replace Hladky with another quality keeper.

On another note I find it strange that Hladky still hasn’t signed for someone.

My mates are St Mirren fans and the way they were going on about a 30 year old Czech journeyman was strange. Said to them Alnwick will get them more points and probably get them a decent fee. Good keeper, I can see them keeping a few clean sheets this season.

Always thought he was slightly underrated at us, whenever he came into the team he always did alright (I don’t recall him ever being poor), and when we lost 5-0 to them (which I’ve tried to completely scrub from my memory) it probably would have been far far worse without him making several fantastic saves.

St. Mirren have done well to get him.

The league cup semi against Motherwell he flapped at the first goal and then caught off his line for the 2nd.

He did well yesterday some cracking saves and kept it respectable.

Alnwick sums up the progress we've made under Gerrard.

Yesterday, my dad couldn't remember him playing for us so I said "mind when Celtic beat us 5-0 to win the league, he had a great game."

Think that says it all.

By all accounts he was doing well at Blackpool and rumoured attention from other clubs till got injured. Played well yesterday

I (nearly) always hope our ex-players go on to have a successful career. He wasn't the worst keeper I've seen. I hope he has the game of his life against the Catamite lovers, and goes on to make a good living out of the game.
Also, playing our second choice keeper yesterday didn't weaken the team in my opinion. Not many clubs can say that.

Prefer McLaughlin but Alnick is still a decent keeper.

He will not be hanging around Paisley for more than a season.

Quite literal proof that you should never judge a player on one performance.

Miles away from being Rangers quality.

He had a right few good saves yesterday, he ast Midden in it for a lot longer than they should have been.

Seems if a goalie gets his eye in and a decent save in early on he tends to have a good game,The busier they are the better they are,

They’ve a pub down Graham’s road they all go in, Grangemouth used to have one but sure that’s shut also. Don’t get them where I am, only when you go into town way
The only ones that I’ve seen in the town have been proper fucking mhutants,I mean scrubbed their face with Brillo pads material

Agree with that, regular games for a season or 2 at St Mirren will do him no harm. If he shows up well there, which I'd expect he will, he'll get a championship club no bother for his prime years.

True -- I must admit to being astonished that he didn't get a better move than that.
tbf to St Mirren, it's a helluva good signing they've got there.

They lost a good keeper in Hladky so probably felt replacing him would be a priority. Their defence will decide whether they stay up or not so I think paying a bit extra for a keeper of Alnwicks quality is wise.

For me the 6-2 was far worse as we were competing on a level playing field. We had just spent money to bolster our defence but both were hopeless that day. That first 20 minutes will live with me forever.

Was too young to be there, but remember watching it on TV and my old man's face when he got back from it.

I think that the 4-2 at the piggery in 1979 is his worst ever right enough.

Back