Does Hagi fall out of games

Greigy67

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that Hagi seems to tire and fall out of games around about the 70th minute?

He always starts brightly and makes good runs and puts some lovely passes through, but in the last two league games I thought he fell out of the game halfway through the 2and half.

He’s been quite poor in the first two league games this season.

Still expect him to play a big part if he can find his form.

That's what we have to understand with a player like that though, a game changer who can be largely anonymous but provide that bit of individual brilliance to see us through games. He isn't a battler or someone who gets stuck in, he's a flair player who can create or score a goal out of nothing

Think it's partly due to him being one of, if not thee most, talented players at reading the game in that squad.
When he is standing in space ready to make the killer pass his teammates need to get the ball to him quicker instead of pissing around with it.
His pass against Braga away for instance to Kent - he sees the next move before he has the ball.

He is there to link the middle to front. We have upgraded the strikers but until we get upgrades for the middle of the park then we will continue to have games like this.
As a previous poster said, if Kamara and Jack went more direct then I'm sure he would have been more involved in the last 20 minutes. We only really need 1 holding midfielder at home.

He’s been ineffective but still creating chances, created one for Alfie at Aberdeen and an identical chance yesterday, that’s what we’ve paid the money for. He’s creating chances yet not playing well.
Alfie fully up to speed who would have tucked them away and Hagi would have two lovely side rule pass assists.

A few things, still adjusting to our 'game', wee bit of match fitness still to come and not being found early enough. I still think Jack has to lift his head more and get the pass away sharper.

He’s never going to be the type to dominate games and will drift out of the game a lot. But he’s very much the type to pull out a killer pass from nowhere and, even when not at his best, would be in my team every week

I think he’s been quite poor in the opening two games. Some nice passes especially the through ball to Morelos first half yesterday but has been very sloppy in the final 3rd.

Hoping he can find a decent level of form on Wednesday.

I know he has not been great recently but he is one of them players who can produce a moment of brilliance. Like the ball for kent to score away to braga.

There will be a right few games he won't play. I think including OF games.

Yes, he’s 21 and despite the hype hasn’t given us that much in domestic games in terms of output.

Firstly, we need to ensure that we have another forward player to rotate with, as he’s not capable of playing 60 or so games a season.

Secondly he needs to know that if he isn’t scoring or creating goals then he won’t be starting on a performance basis.

Him & Kent were never going to be enough for a championship chasing side & another for the 2 is vital.

Last edited:
He is a young lad ,that's what happens with them . He will produce moments of magic for us this season ,if you watch he made a few incisive passes and got into some very good positions on Sunday. Give him time ,same with Aribo they will come good . Including them and Kent we have 3 players who can do something special . They won't do it all the time nobody does. Davie Copper had lots of times where he disappeared but he was a great.

He hasnt impressed me this season, and yes he does fall out of games, but I'm sure he will come good.

Gotta agree, too much on the periphery of games, needs to grab the game by the scruff of the neck. However getting pushed out wide at times does not help, should be a genuine 10 playing on the shoulder of our lone striker.

Also should not forget he is still only 21, still learning his trade but we do need more from him.

Last edited:
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that Hagi seems to tire and fall out of games around about the 70th minute?

He always starts brightly and makes good runs and puts some lovely passes through, but in the last two league games I thought he fell out of the game halfway through the 2and half.
subway loyal

Sone Aluko would do this.
He'd be the best player on the pitch for an hour then just dissappear.

To be fair some of the passing yesterday from hagi, kent and aribo in flashes yesterday were sublime. But as heart and hand said post match. Give that over 90 minutes and someone gets a real doing. He still learning here.

Was ok yesterday but he will drift in and out of games that’s just the type of player he his. He always finds himself a yard of space in and around the box it’s just that most of the time or other players don’t have the skill set the play the ball to him

I know he has not been great recently but he is one of them players who can produce a moment of brilliance. Like the ball for kent to score away to braga.
Or the very deft and clever diversion of the ball for Morelos to let in Kent against Dolly. I wonder who else other than maybe Aribo in the current team would have the presence of mind to do such a thing?

Could’ve had 2 assists yesterday and a goal and one in the 1st game. A quality player who will contribute to a ton of goals over the season. Really glad he played centrally and Aribo wide. Scary prospect once everyone is firing.

Think right now if Roofe was 100% fit he'd get a starting place before Hagi.

Hagi really needs to add goals to his game.

He's been poor in both games so far.
Never been in the game, to fall out of it.

Think right now if Roofe was 100% fit he'd get a starting place before Hagi.

Hagi really needs to add goals to his game.
Both Hagi himself and the management team will know this. This is what they are working towards. Let's let him develop at a good pace before writing him off.

Looks like we've found the new whipping boy and it has only taken 2 games of a brand new season after over 4 months of inactivity.

People need to learn that the players can expect criticism from time to time, Hagi isn’t being slaughtered and he most certainly isn’t a whipping boy.

If we are being brutally honest he has offered very little so far, a continuation from last season.

Back