Does Hagi fall out of games

Think also at times the team could get the ball to him more instead of Jack and Kamara fucking about passing sideways. We definitely need someone who’s not scared to pass through the lines.
Hagi is always looking to pass forward , he sees things in front of him but the time he gets the ball as you’ve said the moment is gone

Just looks at times he's a half yard short of pace. Hopefully throughout the season that will improve with more games, not a criticism looks a player but we need everyone on top of their game this season.

He’s really not impressed me domestically full stop, last season or in the first 2 games. He’s been wide right though the system doesn’t suit him. I would have taken him off reasonably quickly in the 2nd half.

however you need to remember how young he is. I’m confident he can be a star.

Hardly. A few posts saying he's been poor is hardly the stuff of Charlie Adam.
You're an experienced poster mate, therefore you'll know like me that from small acorns, giant oaks can grow. Unless he starts performing at 8 or 9 out of 10 very, very soon, this will just grow.

He's a great player but he's being played out of position. I don't know why we spent £3m to fit a square peg into a round hole. Give him a free number ten role and let him flourish.

I thought Aribo went missing more than Hagi yesterday.

His passing not necessarily his work rate is what stands out for me. I have no doubt he’ll improve.

Not sure if you noticed but we’ve had just about a perfect start to the season so far. It’s hard to be too critical of the players.

Both Hagi himself and the management team will know this. This is what they are working towards. Let's let him develop at a good pace before writing him off.

Not writing him off but for me Kemar Roofe is a long way ahead of Hagi for a wide right slot once he’s fully fit.

Our wide players and midfielders in general need to score more.

I think if your rewatch the game and watch hagi closely you will notice how much work he does.
It’s easy to criticize a player but when you watch how a player plays individually you can really notice how many times he positively affected the game.

He will be a big player this season.

He's a great player but he's being played out of position. I don't know why we spent £3m to fit a square peg into a round hole. Give him a free number ten role and let him flourish.
He is playing the 10, he just has the freedom to go where he wants. Compared to last year when he was a “10” but was coming in the pitch whereas he starts in the centre now.

He hasnt impressed me this season, and yes he does fall out of games, but I'm sure he will come good.

he reminds me of buffel does some good things then his touch choice of pass and decision making can be terrible

hopefully he is rusty

I think if your rewatch the game and watch hagi closely you will notice how much work he does.
It’s easy to criticize a player but when you watch how a player plays individually you can really notice how many times a positively affected the game.

He will be a big player this season.
Also depends if you have the midfield to find a player like Hagi.

I think people expect creative players to be creating 5 or 6 chances a game when in reality if they do 3 or 4 they are doing well

He was one of our best players yesterday to be honest

There’s definitely parts of his game which can become better - his physicality mostly against these big Scottish defenders - but his quality is clear to see.

I must watch a different game aribo needs to play central he offers far more for me
Could’ve had 2 assists yesterday and a goal and one in the 1st game. A quality player who will contribute to a ton of goals over the season. Really glad he played centrally and Aribo wide. Scary prospect once everyone is firing.

If I was Hagi I'd be concerned if Barker was keeping me out the side Thursday, tactical or otherwise. Needs to step up which I'm sure he will

Still getting match fit, he was closing down like mad and played some good balls, some never came off.

Finding his feet in a team were his position will be rotating in game.

Also if it wasn't for their defender in the wall tilting his head just in time, that free kick was most likely going in.

People need to learn that the players can expect criticism from time to time, Hagi isn’t being slaughtered and he most certainly isn’t a whipping boy.

If we are being brutally honest he has offered very little so far, a continuation from last season.
If I'm being brutally honest, I think that is just nonsense. He has shown more ability in some solitary moments since joining than we've witnessed from anyone else in a number of years. He's joined a club with a system that takes a little too long to get the ball to the players that can influence the game - Hagi, Aribo and even Morelos. The new system for this season needs time to bed in as clearly Gerrard has worked on how we need to breakdown these 10 man defences and players like Hagi will be absolutely pivotal in all of that. Now criticism after lets say 25% of the season if things clearly are not improving, I get that. But phuck me gently - two games in?

Last edited:
Think also at times the team could get the ball to him more instead of Jack and Kamara fucking about passing sideways. We definitely need someone who’s not scared to pass through the lines.
Totally agree mate. We make it too easy for sides at times with our reluctance to go forward, allowing them to get set. If we had that head-up, forward-thinking midfielder we would create far more opportunities and score far more goals.

No, I think the team falls out it then. At 3-0 we stopped going for it. Davis coming on and we were back to our pass it side to side playing the game in our own half. First half we were playing and controlling the game from a point well into their half.

Correct, after our 3rd and all the subs, everyone on both sides was happy just to see the game out. Hagi is still very young and learning the professional game, he has terrific talent though.

To me as an old fellow, Hagi reminds me a lot of the late John White, the White Ghost of Tottenham. He has the same skill set and the eye for the killer pass but also seems to drift out of the game. However, if he turns out half as good as John White he will ge great.

The reason you notice him giving the ball away a bit more is that he's the only one who sees things quick enough to try the risky pass. If somebody makes a dangerous run he'll try and find them, whereas the others will probably go for the safe pass. His vision and passing is sublime.

totally agree m8 .dont like him being played as 1 of the 3 as hes not as effective out wide

Two games in the league, where we have enjoyed a massive % of possession, created many chances and won comfortably. I'd say he's played his reasonable part in that, albeit without anything spectacular as yet.

Think we have to realise he's still 21.

He's been unlucky with a few things not coming off in the first two games. His through ball to Morelos yesterday was a moment of class and vision.

I think he'll continue to get better. He has a lot of ability.

Still finding his feet this season, hasn't been great so far although he's still shown some moments of real quality.

For me, the real problem is that he's overreaching and trying too hard to impress. A lot of the time he's snatching at crosses/passes a bit and just needs to relax and sometimes take that extra touch rather than going for the first-time world-class cross or pass or whatever it may be.

No fears whatsoever, the quality oozes out of him, it's just a matter of settling in.

That's what we have to understand with a player like that though, a game changer who can be largely anonymous but provide that bit of individual brilliance to see us through games. He isn't a battler or someone who gets stuck in, he's a flair player who can create or score a goal out of nothing

I agree with that, but you can already hear the moans from the stands when the fans eventually return.

“C’moan you. Get stuck in, ya shiter!”

I feel his frustration with our midfield.

Our midfield, apart from Aribo, unfortunately are not on the same wavelength as him.

Hagi is the type who needs more dynamic players around him. Quick thinking, quick forward passing and keeping up the tempo. The likes of Jack do not provide that for him. His frustration is palpable - and I understand it.

Add a quality midfielder or two and we will see Hagi go from strength to strength.

Hagi will get better with the more games he gets would you rather he was dropped for Barker, Jones, Stewart, Murphy ? Because as it stands it's one of them to come in and that's frightening.

I know Roofe is still to come into things but he won't be taking Hagi's place more playing alongside him I think.

Players like him will come in and out of games. Particularly in that number 10 role.

If he didn't he wouldn't be at Rangers.

See people moaning about him losing the ball he’s the most positive player in the team who’s constantly looking to play the forward pass and the one who’s want to take a risk.

He will keep improving with better players around him.

Decent young player, he can find a pass and makes good space for himself.
The problem the boy has is that add has made him a worldbeater and when he doesn’t fulfil that every game he will be called out for having a bad game

Back