Seeing your own out and about.

55timesthechampions

It’s been a long time since a last wore a strip out and about, usually just wear one when watching the game in the hoose but whenever I see someone about or in town with a Rangers top on I smile and tell them “Mon The Gers” or a “No Surrender big man” if I’m out in the car I’ll toot the horn If I see someone wearing one.

Anyone else do this or am I just a mad weirdo?

Wore it to nip down to the Tesco Express in Motherwell across from Fir Park the other day, first compliment in there - cheers if you’re on here!

Edit - would never toot the horn. Ever.

I’d been out for a run in my Rangers top, and then took the kids up to the park as soon as I got back.

At one stage two teenage boys in the Hummel tops came strolling across the park and gave me a nod and a ‘mon the Gers’.

Simple but effective. It was succeeded by my four year old girl asking what they had said and then saying “do they love Alfredo too?”.

Last edited:
i always like to give someone a smile or a wink and pat my chest where the badge is, but i live in london so its not as common as seeing someone in glasgow

Driving through Bromley the other day, I saw a builder unloading his van, wearing the '92 away top. A couple of weeks ago I saw a bloke sitting outside a boozer in Telegraph Hill wearing an early '80s away top with the pinstripes.

Today was a good day to wear the badge after results yesterday. I had a few looks but didn't look too friendly haha

I wouldn’t toot the horn but I do smile at folk wearing our top. I was drivng down the Clydeside and I caught up with the slowest driver in history but my rage subsided when I saw his wee car Rangers scarf on his back window! If it had been a scum scarf I would have been raging but it seemed more acceptable because it was one of us!

It’s been a long time since a last wore a strip out and about, usually just wear one when watching the game in the hoose but whenever I see someone about or in town with a Rangers top on I smile and tell them “Mon The Gers” or a “No Surrender big man” if I’m out in the car I’ll toot the horn If I see someone wearing one.

Anyone else do this or am I just a mad weirdo?
I bet you wear the full kit sitting in front of yer TV with boot and shin guards

Only time I’ve tooted the horn was one day driving home along PRW in Cardonald after we we had won one of our 9IAR titles at Ibrox.
Couple of young guys in Rangers tops walking along with a dug. The dug had a Rangers scarf on, I laughed out loud, tooted the horn and gave them a thumbs up. I felt the occasion merited it.

Wouldn’t particularly acknowledge anyone in Scotland, but when I lived in England I definitely would, as it was obviously more of a rarity.

Some amount of creepy bastards on here. None more so than the horn-tooting OP :))
Each to their own mate I wouldn't do it myself but weirdo even self described (I know you never called him that) is not a word I would use to describe a fellow Rangers supporter especially after all the shit we have had to endure for so many years. ;)

Last edited:
Anybody I see in Sauchiehall St or Argyle St wearing the new top, it's like tourette's I have to blurt out: "is that the new top, mate (knowing fine well it is" - "It's a belter, btw"

Only time I’ve tooted the horn was one day driving home along PRW in Cardonald after we we had won one of our 9IAR titles at Ibrox.
Couple of young guys in Rangers tops walking along with a dug. The dug had a Rangers scarf on, I laughed out loud, tooted the horn and gave them a thumbs up. I felt the occasion merited it.
Wiz the dug's name Sasha?

haha so im not the only one who does that then ! im usually pretty mild mannered but soon as i see a Green and Grey top it usually gets my heckles up
Im the same, evertime i drive past one of those smelly peado harbouring pikey poet tramps.
Any time the missus is in the car & sees anybody in a bHeast top she says don't you start.
:p :p :p

Some amount of creepy bastards on here. None more so than the horn-tooting OP :))

No offence to anyone that participates in such strange behaviour but if someone I walked past said to me no surrender big man or mon the Gers on a random day of the week, I’d genuinely think what a strange case.

Out yesterday with the lion brand ricksen shirt on getting the nods off some and the stares off others, or maybe it was me giving it the looks mhanky mob are always easy to spot

Depends on the context. If I was cutting around Macchu Picchu and I seen a guy wearing a Rangers top I’d probably have a word. Walking about Partick not so much or else I’d be talking to random people all the time. Plenty of Rangers gear on the streets here lately.

My neighbour is a sexy 25 year old. Her sister comes to visit, she is 21.

Today I saw the dad come by to pick them up and head out. He was wearing new top. I walked past, looked at him, smiled.

It was good to see another fan.

And helped me keep my eyes from, erm, wandering.

I'd be wary of tooting my horn, apparently that counts as a vote for independence!

Got a justeat delivery other night the boy delivering it was in a Celtic top. Tip straight back in pocket and door shut swiftly behind him.
thank Fck for plastic bags and certainly won’t be ordering from that place again.

That's ridiculous he was wearing that although not surprising- seems they cut about in it all the time.

Could be worse, some mad man could be honking at you randomly as you walk down the street trying to go about your everyday business!

Last edited:
Back