Brazil front three 2002

In terms of 3 individual talents in one forward line it's the most impressive I've seen.

What a team they had.

I would have each of Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Rivaldo ahead of both Neymar and Suarez to be honest.
Yeah I’d probably say some of Barcelona’s other front 3s were better than that

Ronaldinho - Etoo - Messi
Henry - Etoo - Messi
Villa - Messi - Pedro

Peak Ronaldo probably gets into all teams l - although WC 2002 Ronaldo isn’t peak Ronaldo.

Plus Kaka and Cafu and Boaby Carlos at full back.

It was an absolutely shite WC though.
Kaka didn't really come in until after that world Cup. 2006 they went with kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Adriano. With Ze Roberto, a converted winger, as one of their 2 centre mids. Madness, but got to admire their boldness!

Kaka didn't really come in until after that world Cup. 2006 they went with kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Adriano. With Ze Roberto, a converted winger, as one of their 2 centre mids. Madness, but got to admire their boldness!

Ze Roberto also played central midfield at club level later in his career though.

Neymar doesn't get in the 2002 team and neither does Suarez imo.

3 great players though.
It’s very hard to compare players from different eras, but from 2014-16 that Barca front 3 were frightening.

Suarez - 83 goals in 93 games
Messi - 99 goals in 106 games
Neymar - 80 goals in 100 games

Crazy numbers for a front three, and can’t imagine anyone has come close for that kind of consistency?

What a player Rivaldo was. Made a bit of an arse of his self at that World Cup though.

Ronaldinho was a box of tricks.

R9 was simply sensational. Would’ve been the GOAT without that injury. He had it all. Made me a few bob at 16/1 for top goal scorer too.

Absolute filth

It’s very hard to compare players from different eras, but from 2014-16 that Barca front 3 were frightening.

Suarez - 83 goals in 93 games
Messi - 99 goals in 106 games
Neymar - 80 goals in 100 games

Crazy numbers for a front three, and can’t imagine anyone has come close for that kind of consistency?

Yeah mate I totally agree that as a trio and in that Barca team those were on another level in terms of numbers.

I was looking at it as in 3 individual talents hence why only Messi gets in that 2002 team in my opinion.

Ronaldinho was a joy to watch when he was at the top of his game.

Some of the stuff he done was laughable.
Messi and C. Ronaldo might be way more consistent and long lasting, but if I could pick one of them at their prime to watch it would be Ronaldinho, he was ridiculously talented and entertaining
His numbers wont match the others but absolutely loved watching him play

A bit of revisionism going on here. Ronaldinho was nowhere near the player he would become.

He was very much the future. Rivaldo said before the tournament he would become the best player in the world and whilst watching the tournament I thought he was talking pish. He was at a stage where things weren't quite coming off for him yet or he would take extra touches and moves would break down.

Turned out not bad though.

A bit of revisionism going on here. Ronaldinho was nowhere near the player he would become.

He was very much the future. Rivaldo said before the tournament he would become the best player in the world and whilst watching the tournament I thought he was talking pish. He was at a stage where things weren't quite coming off for him yet or he would take extra touches and moves would break down.

We put him and his team out of Europe about 6 months before the tournament too ;)

They were so good they won the World Cup with Kleberson in midfield.

Might have been different if Ballack wasn't suspended for the final right enough.

he might have been top scorer but he was nowhere near the player he had been which is an indication of just how good O Fenômeno was when he first came through.
To be fair mate he was phenomenal when he first came through a joy to watch. Often wonder how he’d have been without the injuries because even after them the hat trick at old Trafford for Madrid was unreal

Rivaldo had already won the Ballon D'or and Fifa world player of the year by this point.

Rivaldo has become a bit of a forgotten genius. Whenever there is a debate about best players ever or even just best Brazilian players he barely gets a mention. IMO he was a far better and more effective player than Ronaldinho.

Back