Argyle house restaurant

Not been for a weekday lunch in years, is there a kids menu?

I emailed them about this a few weeks ago. They got back to me with this...

Yes we do provide a children’s menu
We have a 3 course lunch priced at £9.
With kids beef burger ,chicken goujons and macaroni cheese with garlic bread and chips.

The kids love going there,especially the Sunday carvery.
It is great for family occasions.

Was there last Sunday and the beef was outstanding. You couldn't ask for better surroundings and the staff were as usual very nice and welcoming. Everyone there was seated in there own personal box. Great food and fantastic views onto the pitch. Would highly recommend to all bears.

Do they do a kids menu?
I've looked online and it doesn't look like it, so I'm assuming wouldn't be suitable for a 5 year old.

Went for lunch last week and used MyGers discount. Let them know we had MyGers when asking for the bill and showed a card, so you don’t need to advise them when booking.

Worked out at something like £32 for 2 courses and a soft drink each - very reasonable.

Was pleased to see a good number of the booths were occupied on a Monday afternoon, we’ve been literally the only people in on a Saturday night before.

Also think for distancing it’s only the window booths that are getting used just now - was no tables set up other than in the booths.

how far ahead do you have to book, been there once and had a great steak meal.

What is the dress code, I'm taking the boys as a surprise and they would be suspicious if they got dressed up :). Can they wear gers tops?
I’m going next Saturday and will be dressing quite smart because I’m visiting family prior and never know where I may end up after. Trousers a shirt etc, pretty excited first time visiting.

Last edited:
Booked in for lunch next week. Anywhere to have a look at the menu? Never been before but looking forward to it.

Been a few times. What an amazing place and great food over looking the pitch. With the royal blue wine glasses. Class!

They take your MyGers card to apply discount. I've no idea if the government 50% discount is automatically deducted or if you need to apply some sort of discount code.

Was in for lunch today & they enquired about MyGers to which they gave us a discount & then the government 50% discount was automatically applied.

Was an excellent lunch btw.

Whats availability like? I have always wanted to try it out but something always gets in the way!!

I was in the Thornton suite for hospitality back in the Pedro days and that was top class, slipped the wee waitress £20 and she kept the pints coming at a steady rate and looked after us well.

Our marketing dept really have exceeded all expectation regards means of revenue etc, just a shame this C19 shit has put the hems on fans being allowed in.

We will be extending our opening hours throughout August!

Due to the Government Eat Out to Help Out Scheme, we are now going to be open for dinner between Monday - Wednesday throughout August

Our updated times are:

Monday: 12-7:30pm
Tuesday: 12-7:30pm
Wednesday: 12-7:30pm

**Please note on match days we only be open until 1:30pm**

Was in for lunch today & they enquired about MyGers to which they gave us a discount & then the government 50% discount was automatically applied.

Was an excellent lunch btw.

Yip the Eat Out to Help Out discount should be automatically applied in all participating restuarants.

I'm just back. We had a booth overlooking he pitch and the scran is first class. I had the black pudding starter then the burger. The burger was a proper thick juicy steak burger, proper tasty. The mrs had the soup then chicken balmoral. no complaints from her either.

We had 2 kids with us. So 2 x 2 coursers, 2 x kids 3 coursers, 5 x cans of juice, 1 coffee & 1 latte. Total was £65.40 but with the eat out to dine out + mygers discount we were £23.39. Some result!

I'm booked for the Mrs birthday next Tuesday for lunch. Booked as soon as it reopened and wasn't aware of the 50% or MyGers deals. Win - win then. Do you simply use your MyGers card ?
Just show them your mygers card when asking for the bill thats what I did.

I'm just back. We had a booth overlooking he pitch and the scran is first class. I had the black pudding starter then the burger. The burger was a proper thick juicy steak burger, proper tasty. The mrs had the soup then chicken balmoral. no complaints from her either.

We had 2 kids with us. So 2 x 2 coursers, 2 x kids 3 coursers, 5 x cans of juice, 1 coffee & 1 latte. Total was £65.40 but with the eat out to dine out + mygers discount we were £23.39. Some result!

That is unbelievable value for a family of 4! You wouldn't even get a take away for that price.

What's on the kids menu mate?

What's on the kids menu mate?
Ours had a melon starter with strawberries and orange. They also had a tomato soup on there. Mains were chicken goujons & mac & cheese - which they had one of each. There was also a plain hamburger and another option but cany mind what it was. The dessert was ice cream.

Ours had a melon starter with strawberries and orange. They also had a tomato soup on there. Mains were chicken goujons & mac & cheese - which they had one of each. There was also a plain hamburger and another option but cany mind what it was. The dessert was ice cream.
Thanks mate.

Went there today for lunch. Enjoyed it very much. Brilliant value, food fine and staff really friendly. Recommended.

I went on Saturday for lunch it was tremendous. Limited menu which is understandable but what I got was superb. The service was great and was looking right onto the pitch. Will be using here a lot more often.

What's the precautionary measures like? Will tables be thoroughly cleaned after each group? Still a bit wary stepping foot in a restaurant.

We will be extending our opening hours throughout August!

Due to the Government Eat Out to Help Out Scheme, we are now going to be open for dinner between Monday - Wednesday throughout August

Our updated times are:

Monday: 12-7:30pm
Tuesday: 12-7:30pm
Wednesday: 12-7:30pm

**Please note on match days we only be open until 1:30pm**

Just booked a dinner, looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up

Surely not all booked put for dinners already? Tried to book in opentable but not having any luck for any night at all in August Mon-Wed

Surely not all booked put for dinners already? Tried to book in opentable but not having any luck for any night at all in August Mon-Wed

I had trouble booking another restaurant for this Wednesday, thought they might have been fully booked but decided to give them a call anyway. They had plenty of slots available.

I had trouble booking another restaurant for this Wednesday, thought they might have been fully booked but decided to give them a call anyway. They had plenty of slots available.
Aye it does say all online slots are fully booked will try calling in the morning.

Back