Argyle house restaurant

What's the precautionary measures like? Will tables be thoroughly cleaned after each group? Still a bit wary stepping foot in a restaurant.

Friends got temperatures taken on arrival at ground floor reception, we didn’t. Signs telling you to wear a mask until you’ve checked in at restaurant, some did, some didn’t. One way on the stairs and floor marking at entrance. I was under impression only tables in boxes in use but that wasn’t the case, a few tables of 4 set up on the floor.

Staff wore masks, didn’t see any particular cleaning regime in between customers (wasn’t really looking), we had taken our own sanitiser but I’m sure there was some at the entrance. QR code on table to view menu on your phone.

On a separate note, no pints, only bottled beer, not sure if that was a one off yesterday.

We’ve only been to one other restaurant before yesterday, would say measures in place were pretty similar, if not a little inconsistent. It’s much down to how people comply also.

Love going to it. The food is average but the surroundings and Staff are brilliant
Have to disagree with this point mate, we've been going as a family for years and always find the food to be superb.
Booked in for next week and looking forward to it. (agree with the rest of your point though).

Have to disagree with this point mate, we've been going as a family for years and always find the food to be superb.
Booked in for next week and looking forward to it. (agree with the rest of your point though).

each to their own. As I said I go frequently and enjoy it but being in the trade I know it’s average quality stuff but it’s average prices so it isn’t an issue.

each to their own. As I said I go frequently and enjoy it but being in the trade I know it’s average quality stuff but it’s average prices so it isn’t an issue.

We found the food a bit bland tbh. I know that won’t be a popular opinion but as I said in a previous post it was just ok. That was lunch, any time I’ve been for dinner I would say it has been much better. The settings and service are the selling points for us.

We found the food a bit bland tbh. I know that won’t be a popular opinion but as I said in a previous post it was just ok. That was lunch, any time I’ve been for dinner I would say it has been much better. The settings and service are the selling points for us.

We were there for lunch yesterday and the food was fairly generic, but what do you expect for £15.95 for a two course lunch? The food was perfectly decent for the money and not bland IMHO and certainly not bland at £15.95. To put in into perspective, the night before I went to Coast in Langbank with my wife and son and we had a two course meal which was almost identical. Seriously it's was genuinely almost identical. It was £26.50 each for just the food i.e. a direct comparison. And we didn't have the buzz of being at Ibrox either!! :). I can't see what there is to be negative about, although some of our fans seem programmed to be negative about everything when it comes to the Famous.

We were there for lunch yesterday and the food was fairly generic, but what do you expect for £15.95 for a two course lunch? The food was perfectly decent for the money and not bland IMHO and certainly not bland at £15.95. To put in into perspective, the night before I went to Coast in Langbank with my wife and son and we had a two course meal which was almost identical. Seriously it's was genuinely almost identical. It was £26.50 each for just the food i.e. a direct comparison. And we didn't have the buzz of being at Ibrox either!! :). I can't see what there is to be negative about, although some of our fans seem programmed to be negative about everything when it comes to the Famous.

Didn’t think I was overly negative, setting & service are terrific and as much a reason for going. The restricted menu didn’t help (circumstantial), but they need to get their FB page updated to reflect that.
We will be back I’m sure, I’ve found dinner to be much better in the past.

Noticed the restaurant has been busy lately, old man not up to making it for his birthday so had to cancel and box table overlooking pitch will now be unreserved if anyone wants. 2pm this Friday.

I went on Sunday. I didn’t ask for a box but got box 16. It was superb. Even better with 15% mygers discount

You have nailed it though. The food is 'perfectly decent' but you wont come away thinking it was anything other than that. As i said before i go regularly but it isnt because the food is great. For £15.95 in town so you can get alot better quality lunch but they dont have the views

Went on Sunday, first visit and the food was fantastic. Didn't have a view of the pitch from the table but stood in the viewing area with my boy for ages. The wee man was devastated the players weren't coming out the tunnel. Will definitely be back.

Back