Glen Kamara linked With £10 million Move

Coplandbear

Heavy interest from Dynamo Moscow and Dynamo Kiew with further interest in England for £10 million apparently I think we should cash in on him that money could buy us a better DM and maybe another creative midfielder.

https://www.90min.com/posts/Rangers...e-host-of-premier-league-clubs?utm_source=RSS

Exclusive - Eastern European outfits Dynamo Kiev and Dinamo Moscow are both lining up bids for Rangers midfielder Glen Kamara this summer, joining a host of Premier League clubs in the race for the 24-year-old.

Kamara joined the Scottish giants from Dundee for a mere £50,000 fee in January 2019; evolving into a prominent member of Steven Gerrard's starting XI at Ibrox in a defensive midfield role.

Kamara has shone under the guidance of Steven Gerrard at Ibrox | Ian MacNicol/Getty Images
The former Arsenal academy student appeared 19 times in the Scottish Premiership for the Gers last time out and has completed 90 minutes in their two opening games of the 2020/21 league campaign thus far.

His impressive consistency, however, means the Finnish star has evolved into a man in demand this summer.

Sources have indicated to 90min that Ukrainian side Dynamo Kiev and Russian outfit Dinamo Moscow are ready to pay up to £10m to secure Kamara's signature, and although Rangers do not want to lose the 24-year-old, they're also not in a position to turn down a substantial bid for his services.

The two eastern European sides aren't the only clubs with a recognised interest in the Gers midfielders, though, he's also garnered plenty of interest from the Premier League and a return to England certainly isn't off the table.

Chris Wilder's Sheffield United are one of the many Premier League clubs interested in Kamara | PETER POWELL/Getty Images
Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, Everton, Newcastle and Southampton are all believed to have expressed an interest, along with Championship duo Norwich and Brentford.

Nevertheless, Kamara - who's break out campaign also caught the eye of French giants Marseille - revealed back in January that he wasn't prepared to let the speculation over his future affect his career.

"The manager hasn’t spoken to me about the speculation at all," he said. "It has been a big turnaround when I think back 12 months. I’m just pleased to be here and want to keep working hard.

Kamara will represent Finland at next summer's European Championships | James Williamson - AMA/Getty Images
"Coming up to Scotland was definitely one of my best decisions. It was to get game-time under my belt in men’s football and it has worked out well."

Kamara is set to play a key role in Finland's bow at the European Championships next summer, although it remains to be seen whether he'll still be a Rangers player by the time the tournament rolls around.

Bite the hand off anyone for 10 Million. Great player but that would some huge profit and allow us to get another player in and boost the coffers at the same time.

Kamara hasn't looked out of place against very good European club teams and at international level against leading countries.

If he was playing in a bigger league his club would laugh at 10 million bids.

But if we did get that offer it would be hard to refuse.

I think Kamara is a far better player than he is given credit for on here. £10m seems a fair enough price and a massive return on a £50k outlay. Although we need to strengthen that area of the park not weaken it.
We do need to strengthen in that area of the park but it’s a different type of player to Kamara we need, our cm’s are all too similar at the moment.

I really like Kamara but we have invested heavily over past few seasons and haven't brung In much £, maybe a combined £3m for Windass and Polster.

Anything north of £5m for Kamara would be good business.

Taking into account the outlay on him and his value to sqaud, he's one that could be moved on without to much disruption to the team imo.

Wouldn’t be bad business but we’d need to bring in a good replacement. He’s not the first name on the team sheet by a long stretch but he’s a valuable squad member.

Can only imagine that any sale would put i sizeable sum in Dundee’s hand. Possible 10% or does anyone know if that’s the case. Would hate to give them money or that size

Dundee won't have a sell-on clause. We signed him on a Bosman before we did the deal to take him for the rest of the season. There's no way on earth we'd have allowed a sell-on clause inserted in any deal at that point.

Wonder if Dundee have a sell on clause.
Could just say we never got the email I guess

I dont know if we would have given Dundee a sell on clause. Because we had already snapped him up on a pre-contract. The 50k was just to sign him 6 months early.

Back