Glen Kamara linked With £10 million Move

I would definitely take 10m. I like Kamara but if we can cash in, reinvest in 2 midfielders and keep Alfie until at least January, then that would be delightful.

If there's a bidding war with EPL teams in the mix though, we would be looking to drive the price up.

Can only imagine that any sale would put i sizeable sum in Dundee’s hand. Possible 10% or does anyone know if that’s the case. Would hate to give them money or that size
He had a short term contract, we got him on bosman and then agreed to bring him in early for 50k, no way we agreed any sell on % to them.

Smells of Hollicom Bolingoli deflection but l may be a tad cynical.

WKGpGgvlcqDIYuqkTB-wLwhON0xtWxkHXIC2myDKsp7jl9cbg8RHeFkuinalMyN71y_CkYIT

Tempting if the money is re-invested in a playmaking CM

We could get by with just Jack at DM, with McCrorie acting as back up, for most domestic games. Europe is a different question but our priority must be the league this season.

I'm sure we'd be quids in - £50k versus £10M ?
Arithmetically - it's a no brainer

I'd still prefer to keep him to be honest
I know he's got his critics on here - but I rate him really highly & fully believe he's only going to get better

Seems to me this is exactly the sort of scenario where we miss him when he's gone

I don't want to sell any of the regular playing squad at all until this season is over. I'm ok with moving peripheral squad players on but Kamara is not one in that bracket.
Think about balancing the books from next June - this year is too crucial.

Heard a wee bit about this the other day. Nothing about fee though.

Sell for £10m definitely. I really think we would have been on to a good fee for him if the Euro’s went ahead. Too good to turn down.

Would be a brave man going to Russia. Can only hope his life isn’t made a misery with the views some people have.

Morelos is worth more than 16m though.

If someone offers 10m for Kamara that for me is price we should take
Not saying he isn't, but desperation means you take what you can get. Finances might be tight if we don't sell a player, not impossible though.

He is a much better player than many on here realise but he is limited to how effective he can be in Scotland so I would sell at the right price.

Agree with this. His languid style would be better suited to European football. Hes is excellent technically though

I really like Kamara but we have invested heavily over past few seasons and haven't brung In much £, maybe a combined £3m for Windass and Polster.

Anything north of £5m for Kamara would be good business.

Taking into account the outlay on him and his value to sqaud, he's one that could be moved on without to much disruption to the team imo.
Crazy 5 mill for essentially an international midfielder.

Some might not like it but the way we play with the full backs fwd jack and kamara are the cover for them. And essential to the balance of the team.

10 mill is brilliant money considering we got him for 50k.

But I'd rather we kept him for now at least

Heavy interest from Dynamo Moscow and Dynamo Kiew with further interest in England for £10 million apparently I think we should cash in on him that money could buy us a better DM and maybe another creative midfielder.

https://www.90min.com/posts/Rangers...e-host-of-premier-league-clubs?utm_source=RSS

Exclusive - Eastern European outfits Dynamo Kiev and Dinamo Moscow are both lining up bids for Rangers midfielder Glen Kamara this summer, joining a host of Premier League clubs in the race for the 24-year-old.

Kamara joined the Scottish giants from Dundee for a mere £50,000 fee in January 2019; evolving into a prominent member of Steven Gerrard's starting XI at Ibrox in a defensive midfield role.

Kamara has shone under the guidance of Steven Gerrard at Ibrox | Ian MacNicol/Getty Images
The former Arsenal academy student appeared 19 times in the Scottish Premiership for the Gers last time out and has completed 90 minutes in their two opening games of the 2020/21 league campaign thus far.

His impressive consistency, however, means the Finnish star has evolved into a man in demand this summer.

Sources have indicated to 90min that Ukrainian side Dynamo Kiev and Russian outfit Dinamo Moscow are ready to pay up to £10m to secure Kamara's signature, and although Rangers do not want to lose the 24-year-old, they're also not in a position to turn down a substantial bid for his services.

The two eastern European sides aren't the only clubs with a recognised interest in the Gers midfielders, though, he's also garnered plenty of interest from the Premier League and a return to England certainly isn't off the table.

Chris Wilder's Sheffield United are one of the many Premier League clubs interested in Kamara | PETER POWELL/Getty Images
Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, Everton, Newcastle and Southampton are all believed to have expressed an interest, along with Championship duo Norwich and Brentford.

Nevertheless, Kamara - who's break out campaign also caught the eye of French giants Marseille - revealed back in January that he wasn't prepared to let the speculation over his future affect his career.

"The manager hasn’t spoken to me about the speculation at all," he said. "It has been a big turnaround when I think back 12 months. I’m just pleased to be here and want to keep working hard.

Kamara will represent Finland at next summer's European Championships | James Williamson - AMA/Getty Images
"Coming up to Scotland was definitely one of my best decisions. It was to get game-time under my belt in men’s football and it has worked out well."

Kamara is set to play a key role in Finland's bow at the European Championships next summer, although it remains to be seen whether he'll still be a Rangers player by the time the tournament rolls around.
Not sure Kamara would want to play for a team like Kiev, their fans aren't the most welcoming.

Can only imagine that any sale would put i sizeable sum in Dundee’s hand. Possible 10% or does anyone know if that’s the case. Would hate to give them money or that size

Not sure that would be the case to be honest,he was a pre contract signing,we payed Dundee a fee to get him in the January rather than the summer

This season we need a settled team and that means keeping important players like Kamara. I for one would not want him to go at least not until this season is done.

I really like him too - often feels like you can't say that on here with some of the threads/comments put his way.

Would be interesting to see what (if any) bids actually come in right enough.

He’s a good player if any team was willing to pay 10 million for him though I’d pack his bags run him to the airport think we would be able to cover for him nae bother

As always it would depend who we could bring in to replace him, he‘s a good player but has a few mistakes in him

He is tidy with the ball at his feet but every second or third game he is on the ball and I forgot he was playing. I am sure he goes missing for about 20 mins every game,

I like him but that would be too much to knock back. Spend around half on a quality up and coming replacement that would bring a better balance to the midfield. Not bad for a guy that cost £50k!

Probably the only person in the squad (first teamer) that I’d cash in on tbh
A much maligned and vastly underrated player in our supporters' eyes. He can be replaced BUT it won't be cheap to improve the team.

The usual calls for Lewis Ferguson will start again. Backward step and weakens us.

Sell him and bring in Ferguson :eek:
At some point in September we need a cut off point on ins and outs! Unless it's dirty oil money levels the squad stays together to achieve our goals. If we had early last season form Davis and Jack I'd be more inclined to lose him. However it would result in us needing 2 top players in the engine room to gel and hit the ground running in a very short space of time

If £10m is true I'd take it and spend some on that box to box midfielder that we need and bank the rest to balance the books

Back